Downward learning curve

VH-KDK

I am not used to the realism in the misuse of the flaps or the disastrous censiquonses if you get it wrong.

1.TlINgLH.jpg

Too fast with the flaps extended and I ended up in the panel farm.

2.2SJZgc3.jpg

Luckily it is only a sim so after a reload we are off from Bournemouth and turning east to the north or Wimbourne .

3.fwYl8OO.jpg

Passing the Beaulieu River no doubt chocked with visitors at this popular location.

4.669R0c6.jpg

The Fawley Power Station and refinery though are not as popular for tourists.

5.yVTXF1G.jpg

Gosport is on the left with the Portsmouth Naval Dockyards on the right.

6.Mev5iQk.jpg

Up to 50 species of fish as well as an abundance of birdlife is found in Langstone Harbour. The RSPB has purchased large areas of the harbour to ensure it's preservation.

One of the 'unmentionables' is the almost sadistic way your flight is ended by not observing flap speeds, gear speeds, CHT's and several others.  No second chances - directly into the ground, a smoking wreck.  All part of the 'realism' of this sim - "It's not a game" :D.

5 hours ago, lifejogger said:

That the nice thing about flight simming, when you mess up you just reload and try it again.  Enjoyed the flight and the screenshots!!!!!!!!

Thanks John and I have been doing a lot of reloading recently!:D

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

A2A's Bonanza will do this too, caught me by surprise a couple of times.  But after that very nice ones Martyn and as always a brilliant narrative.

Thanks Jack, I am surprised I haven't done it more but it makes me extra careful now.

Glad you liked the images.:)

2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

One of the 'unmentionables' is the almost sadistic way your flight is ended by not observing flap speeds, gear speeds, CHT's and several others.  No second chances - directly into the ground, a smoking wreck.  All part of the 'realism' of this sim - "It's not a game" :D.

I am now down to only 2 or 3 a day now OND, they say smoking is bad for you and I will definitely end up being a wreck!:)

XP is a lot more unforgiving than P3D where certain settings were the only things in my life to the far left.;)

28 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I am now down to only 2 or 3 a day now OND, they say smoking is bad for you and I will definitely end up being a wreck!:)

XP is a lot more unforgiving than P3D where certain settings were the only things in my life to the far left.;)

I finally quit (after three attempts) in '66, the year my daughter was born.  

6 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I finally quit (after three attempts) in '66, the year my daughter was born.  

One of those things I tried and didn't like but I must try and stop smoking my planes.:banghead:

(got it right this time) 

Hey Martyn. Nothing like that helpless feeling when it's all going to hell and you are about twenty seconds behind the action-possible curve. At times like that, I let go of the controls and remember with somber respect all the real-life pilots who faced the same view out the window and knew that this was it.

Archived