TrueEarth GB Central XP11 - lasties ...

Incredible shots.

I can only hope the same level of love and attention to detail has gone into my home city of Manchester and northern conurbations B)

This should maybe asked elsewhere, but I have often wondered about railways because in England they are almost always sunken with embankments rather than lying flat on the surface as with Xplane and wondered if there could some algorithm that would naturally create embankments where railways exist (change the mesh?)

I think if applied correctly the effect could be stunning and really add realism to the landscape.

I thought about attempting to make a 3rd party package that could do this but really don't have enough knowledge of how Xplane builds scenery.

I think with that understanding it wouldn't be hard to create though whether mesh can be altered in this way and have it look good I have no idea.

EDIT

Just seen Blackpool and it is coming today.

There are little tears of joy running down my cheeks :D

1 minute ago, John Venema said:

We are actually working on the railway network for all of the UK, with proper engines, carriages and liveries. We can do the sunken lines with embankments though, but that comes with a performance cost. We're continuing R&D on this stuff.

Wow that is amazing news.

I am so glad you decided to develop for Xplane, it really gives it the graphical beauty and detail the engine deserves.

Thank you so much.

1 minute ago, AviatingDude said:

Will the cross platform download be available initially or later?

Yes it will be there instantly on your account page in OrbxDirect.

The announcement topic has a revised script for Mac users, makes the conversion go faster.

2 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

Very sorry about that, the download should be available now :)

Working for me, thanks Ben

PS do you guys ever sleep!

Regards

Dave

PS just noticed your location, lol...

Archived