More QW146 Madness

Adam Banks

As promised/threatened - here are some more pics of the newly updated QW 146 - this time on a trip from London City to Bristol. ORBX FTX ENG in P3Dv4 ... not as jaw-dropping as XP11 and TrueEarth ... but fun all the same!

qw146-lcity-bristol-01-801-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-02-836-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-03-525-1350.jpg?dl=1

Dialled in some IFR weather for a bit of fun!

qw146-lcity-bristol-04-718-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-05-448-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-06-661-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-07-401-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-08-714-1350.jpg?dl=1

qw146-lcity-bristol-09-585-1350.jpg?dl=1

What a handsome aircraft it is!!

Adam.

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Could you try the Avro RJ variant? - I am finding, & I don't know why, but the 146 is flying more smoothly.

I put the WeFly AP/GPS into both. The 146 tracks exactly as required. The RJ won't hold the Flight Path.

I've put in a fair bit of time in both Avro and BAe ... I couldn't spot any difference - but now I'll keep an eye on it. I haven't added any additional gauges. Does your RJ lose glideslope, localiser or just general tracking?

Handling-wise, it reminds me very much of the CS C-130  ... you really seem to feel the weight and inertia of the plane.

2 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Is your TCAS working OK ?

Some peeps are getting CTDs at the moment, but they are looking into it.

Great plane, and choice of old vs new cockpits and FMS..... all for 20 bucks. Bargain !

Not sure ... my last trip (in the UK) had all AI turned off so I got no warnings anyway. All my other flights have been around NZ with AI enabled.No CTDs or anything - but then I don't remember seeing (or hearing) any warnings either. Mind you - I wasn't that close to any traffic. I'll keep an eye on it too.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I bought it last night and did the same exact thing you did Adam!  LOL!  Very cool shots of a very handsome plane to be sure.

It certainly is a bargain! I'm glad you added it to your hangar!

I haven't felt the need to go into the QW support forums as my 146 seems to be behaving itself perfectly. I even remembered how to do a full cold & dark start from when I had it installed in P3Dv3!

Thanks again for all the appreciation, folks!

Adam.

RJ on WeFly AP follows track, but enters a nose up stall while climbing at 800 fpm.

Elevator trim works its way to +12 degs & I have to manually intervene.

If I swap to the 146 in the air, level out & turn AP on again, 146 climbs on track at 800 fpm without developing nose up stall.

TTM

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

RJ on WeFly AP follows track, but enters a nose up stall while climbing at 800 fpm.

If I swap to the 146 in the air, level out & turn AP on again, 146 climbs on track at 800 fpm without developing nose up stall.

IS this with VNAV enabled/active? Sounds to me that the thrust isn't being set/updated properly - and that you're steadily losing speed. Have you tried uninstalling the WeFly gauge and re-testing?  I'll give it a go in the RJ and report back!

Adam.

8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Just to re-cap on this one. I tried a fully managed climb then an 800 fps manual climb in the RJ85. Absolutely no problems at all. AI also tested all the TCAS functions - no problems there either. Visual plots and audible warnings worked fine.

Adam.

Archived