Evening to night flight in Alaska

Jack Sawyer

I'm finally getting some quality time in the big jets.

Sorry for so many.  And hope they're not too dark.

This is from Anchorage to Juneau.

Y2FBm3b.jpg

tk2MQuZ.jpg

42yvxn2.jpg

sahyao8.jpg

uvjpWgl.jpg

EIIzGJN.jpg

0KMqEiO.jpg

4Nq2e7r.jpg

4MhDYt0.jpg

XtHTKqZ.jpg

lQHFQXb.jpg

GTWEhqx.jpg

UDYRhaE.jpg

I LOVE using dynamic lighting, it's so cool to see the light move when you move the nose gear and shine appropriately like real life.

UDYRhaE.jpg

1aHlihT.jpg

7AZUwkD.jpg

ieQ0r8g.jpg

TagLORm.jpg

mCG6YAl.jpg 

Great flight Capt Jack!  You negotiated the takeoff perfectly, got through those clouds fine, kept her steady and level, showed us the lights around town and even put down almost on the centerline of the runway, so I would purchase another ticket on your big ole jet airliner! :):D

11 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Great flight Capt Jack!  You negotiated the takeoff perfectly, got through those clouds fine, kept her steady and level, showed us the lights around town and even put down almost on the centerline of the runway, so I would purchase another ticket on your big ole jet airliner! :):D

Thanks Roger.  I was way too high on approach, it was at night, and the plane got ahead of me.  Next time will be better.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Tremendous shots Jack! I like the idea of dusk into night. It makes for some great images :)

Thanks Paul.  I love it too but I did this by mistake, I thought I'd have more light.  I had to juggle so many things, still learning the FMC/CDU but getting there.  I'm having some wonderful help from a 737 sim pilot like what you flew for your birthday, we use FaceTime and it's a great way to learn.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul.  I love it too but I did this by mistake, I thought I'd have more light.  I had to juggle so many things, still learning the FMC/CDU but getting there.  I'm having some wonderful help from a 737 sim pilot like what you flew for your birthday, we use FaceTime and it's a great way to learn.

Well done Jack. Your images worked out well. It made a nice change on the forum and I could still see everything. 

Good luck with the 737 FMC/CDU. It is great once you can master it :).

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack. Your images worked out well. It made a nice change on the forum and I could still see everything. 

Good luck with the 737 FMC/CDU. It is great once you can master it :).

Thanks Paul, I have it down for the most part, just learning some of the more complex bits and bobs.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:28 PM, VH-KDK said:

Well done Jack, I somehow missed this one yesterday!

Excellent flight with you on my fav US airline.

Some wonderful views once the clouds lifted.

Good luck in learning how to fly your 738.

Thanks Martyn!  If I quit hiking I'd have plenty of time. :banghead:

Archived