717 puppy to KIDA from Boise

Jack Sawyer

I had to fly from my old home where I liked and worked, KBOI, to KIDA, and I used the 717 which I haven't used in a very long time.  I need to study more on this FMC but I used heading hold to get there.

Also, this is the first time I have ever used P3D's Dynamic Lighting and with 4.3 I saw no FPS loss!  I have to say the lighting is amazing!

Thanks for looking and no silliness in these shots but it was a really sweet flight!

Also, sorry for 15, I can't help myself.

p6MR2pG.jpg

yY4mRI6.jpg

ayk2aO4.jpg

I used to fly the hot air balloon over these foothills!  That's the Boise river down below.  13 miles of bike trails one way.  I used to ride the 26 miles every single day.  And look at all the open space, perfect to land a balloon.  I lived about ten miles from the airport.  Gosh do I miss it!

IZWJwtF.jpg

vV1cXPw.jpg

rZ4Q3mI.jpg

2Rjw28w.jpg

b0OPaSE.jpg

llQh9sv.jpg

p8wctXV.jpg

Hope I didn't blind the ramp people!

4N1bKtJ.jpg

This Dynamic Lighting is a profound change in realism to me, I'm astonished by it.

FTSrSjf.jpg

5tDVSx2.jpg

The only bummer was the jetway didn't work.  Did I do something wrong?  And I've seen this SODE thing bandied about a lot but have NO idea what it is or how to work it. :unsure:

VzEUxvv.jpg

8JZYO1b.jpg

3 minutes ago, mikee said:

Beautiful Shots as always jack ! Well done my friend :)  I like the B717 (It must be Tfdi's) a lot ! I am thinking to buy it , but i am reluctant because i think it is a complicated plane to fly :(

Thanks Mikee, yes TFDi's.  Yes, it's study level so you'd need to read up on it.  Especially the FMC, but I flew this on autopilot with altitude hold, vertical speed, and heading hold.  I set it up as a DIR TO.  I was very rusty but it got me there and I hand flew it for a landing.  It's nice that KIDA can handle a 717 so I'm thrilled.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Mikee, yes TFDi's.  Yes, it's study level so you'd need to read up on it.  Especially the FMC, but I flew this on autopilot with altitude hold, vertical speed, and heading hold.  I set it up as a DIR TO.  I was very rusty but it got me there and I hand flew it for a landing.  It's nice that KIDA can handle a 717 so I'm thrilled.

Thanks for letting me know Jack ! I will think about it :)

34 minutes ago, boetie said:

A nice set Jack. It's amazing that we can go to locations in the sim that we have connections with and reminisce. Nice part of the world. Have a great weekend mate.

Cheers Graeme :)

Thanks Graeme!  You too have a nice weekend!  I agree, I know Boise well and miss it a lot.  I wish Orbx would do a Boise as I don't think any third party has done it.

33 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Jack. Kinda miss the silly. But these are very nice shots of a well-flown trip. The 717 is a sleek beauty, and you showed that to her advantage. Liked this a lot. Thanks!

Thanks Rodger!  Guess I'll have to up the silliness a notch as I have about a dozen sensible flights to post yet. :) 

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Splendid flight Jack.

It is so enjoyable to fly in places that are familiar.:)

Thanks Martyn!  When I'm at altitude flying here it sends chill up my spine because it looks exactly like the Boise foothills I knew so well from the balloon.

Great pics as always Jack!

With the jetways, if you have GSX you operate the jetways through the GSX menu (at least that's what I've been doing). Oh, and if you haven't got it yet, the GSX2 expansion IS FANTASTIC!!! Seeing animated passengers boarding/deboarding has changed how I fly (definitely want to move the slider to "dense" or higher to not have 1 passenger deplane at a time. That can be time consuming. LOL). It's funny, but actually seeing my "pixelated passengers" get on the plane has made me more conscientious flying. No more 747 barrel rolls I guess...well, unless someone slips me a $100 bill or so... >:D

51 minutes ago, Surg said:

Great pics as always Jack!

With the jetways, if you have GSX you operate the jetways through the GSX menu (at least that's what I've been doing). Oh, and if you haven't got it yet, the GSX2 expansion IS FANTASTIC!!! Seeing animated passengers boarding/deboarding has changed how I fly (definitely want to move the slider to "dense" or higher to not have 1 passenger deplane at a time. That can be time consuming. LOL). It's funny, but actually seeing my "pixelated passengers" get on the plane has made me more conscientious flying. No more 747 barrel rolls I guess...well, unless someone slips me a $100 bill or so... >:D

Thanks Surg, I’m sending a PM

Archived