Gold Coast Trip from Coffs Harbour

Ripcord

You know, sometimes we get so excited, wanting more and more new stuff from the talented souls that make ORBX great, that it is easy to forget the treasure that we already have.  Here is one such case.

Found a cool repaint here for the C90 GTX -- thanks Matt Levi -- and installed it and decided to set up a saved flight.  I do enjoy a nice twin engine flight, point to point.  Chose Coffs YSCH, one of those that I bought right at the beginning and was so overwhelmed with the choices available at the time, that I am ashamed to admit that I have never really properly explored it.  There are many others like this little airport, but we'll talk about this one today.

Took off from 21 and made a lazy left turn up the coast, heading north.

esUvoTm.jpg

PMbNiMK.jpg

Note that whole section of aprons and hangers on NW side of the airport.  Never even realized all that was there until today.

Flew over Grafton and Ballina, with OzX installed and enjoyed a bit of overcast weather courtesy of AS. Didn't get any good shots but that's OK.  

Checked in with Coolie and they assigned me to runway 14, flying right hand traffic.

f5mrYiR.jpg

Got a great look at the Gold Coast cityscape scenery as floated on down the pattern.

x0sw87E.jpg

OK now we are getting lined up on final on rwy 14...

lpcwejQ.jpg

Got it on deck without any trouble -- exited when able and contacted ground to taxi to GA parking areas.

DjXYgp1.jpg

OK let's find us a suitable place to park this King Air twin.  This looks like the place right here.

YpCOE4I.jpg

SklWjeP.jpg

Great stuff here, the old and the new, all rolled together in one reasonable and enjoyable VFR hop. 

I absolutely intend to do more flights like this and discover more of the goodness that I have owned for a few years now and never fully appreciated.

I totally agree with your first statement Mark!

“You know, sometimes we get so excited, wanting more and more new stuff from the talented souls that make ORBX great, that it is easy to forget the treasure that we already have.”

Seems we are in a hurry to “get it, then forget it”, I’m guilty also but have been pulling back a bit to enjoy what I have already and explore more!  Like you, I find something new each visit to a different area!  Excellent post and thought provoking too! :)

5 hours ago, Wakashi said:

I totally agree with your first statement Mark!

“You know, sometimes we get so excited, wanting more and more new stuff from the talented souls that make ORBX great, that it is easy to forget the treasure that we already have.”

Seems we are in a hurry to “get it, then forget it”, I’m guilty also but have been pulling back a bit to enjoy what I have already and explore more!  Like you, I find something new each visit to a different area!  Excellent post and thought provoking too! :)

Very true words Roger.

Buy a plane or scenery, flog it to death for a couple of days and then forget about it!

Then along to the next one.

I only buy something that really appeals at the moment and am trying very, very hard to use some of my older, forgotten stuff.

Then they announce Gisborne in NZ which is one of my favourite locations on the NI.:(:rolleyes::lol:

Archived