"Testing" at KSAN, for Martyn

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Nicely done Jack , the parking garage is still intact . :):rolleyes::huh::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I just had to do it mainly because I was having CTD's with the new KSAN, so Matteo helped me and it looks even BETTER!  As for the parking garage, well, it was designed for just this type of flying!

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John!  I just had to do it mainly because I was having CTD's with the new KSAN, so Matteo helped me and it looks even BETTER!  As for the parking garage, well, it was designed for just this type of flying!

I meant this parking garage :

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Very cool but I've been a lot closer than that to them taking off and landing.

I was at this spot many years ago doing some plane spotting , a very cool place indeed . 

John

Just now, BradB said:

I was at this spot many years ago doing some plane spotting , a very cool place indeed . 

John

You would have loved some of the things we got to do.  I won't go into detail here but it was loud and fun.  No one can do that stuff now with all the security though, sadly.

Splendid views from your flight Jack, many thanks for thinking of me.

Some wonderful flying skills here and a beautifully adorned LH744.:)

I miss seeing them at VTBS but the last planes LH were using there were A346s which are almost as good...… but not quite!;)

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Splendid views from your flight Jack, many thanks for thinking of me.

Some wonderful flying skills here and a beautifully adorned LH744.:)

I miss seeing them at VTBS but the last planes LH were using there were A346s which are almost as good...… but not quite!;)

You're welcome Martyn!  And thank you for your nice words.  An A346 may be large and have four engines but they're not a 747 unfortunately, the Queen has such an iconic look to it.

1 hour ago, Ray Farrugia said:

Great shots Jack.

Awesome rocket ship on take off and the landing looks superb.

cheers

Thanks Ray!  It feels like it even in the sim as I have a deep bass speaker and a Buttkicker on my chair so you can feel the roar and rumble on takeoff.  I miss seeing these planes.

Wonderful shots, buddy. When I saw the LH livery, I had to check, how many Queens Lufthansa still operates today. Their website says they still fly 32 of them, this includes the 748. Amazing! I don't think that any other major carrier still flies that many of them.

1 minute ago, bernd1151 said:

Wonderful shots, buddy. When I saw the LH livery, I had to check, how many Queens Lufthansa still operates today. Their website says they still fly 32 of them, this includes the 748. Amazing! I don't think that any other major carrier still flies that many of them.

Thanks Bernd, that's nice to know that there are still some out there!  I can't wait till the 748 is released for P3D.  I love the design of that plane and the avionics are so like a 787.

Great pics!!! But I gotta ask...how are you getting 53 fps there?! Best balance between performance/quality I've been able to find thus far has me in the high 20s at best.

My quick specs:

I7-4790k @ 4.3ghz

Trident X 2666 16GB

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid 11GB

Samsung 960 Pro SSD 1TB

8 hours ago, Surg said:

Great pics!!! But I gotta ask...how are you getting 53 fps there?! Best balance between performance/quality I've been able to find thus far has me in the high 20s at best.

My quick specs:

I7-4790k @ 4.3ghz

Trident X 2666 16GB

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid 11GB

Samsung 960 Pro SSD 1TB

Thanks Surg!  My specs:

Jetline

Windows 10 Professional

Chassis: NZXT s340 Elite, White

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5, Intel z370, ATX

Processor: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8 GHz Turbo) Six Core

CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling

System Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz

Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti, PCI Express 3.0

System Power: 850 Watt EVGA Power Supply

11 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Now you really surpassed yourself, Jack. These shots are smashing. #6 is the best in my eyes. The gear retraction mechanism of the 747 fascinates me to this day.

Thanks Lars!  I love watching the gear retraction in flight too, it's amazing how they did this.  I've changed many landing gears on big jets in real life and we always jack and retract the gear to test it and it always fascinated me, they were very clever.  And they weigh literally tons too.  They add a lot of weight to a plane, a huge amount of weight.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Surg!  My specs:

Jetline

Windows 10 Professional

Chassis: NZXT s340 Elite, White

Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5, Intel z370, ATX

Processor: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8 GHz Turbo) Six Core

CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling

System Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz

Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti, PCI Express 3.0

System Power: 850 Watt EVGA Power Supply

Very nice! That processor is a beast! :) Are you running Max settings within P3D?

Normally, unless I'm flying into LA or NY, I can run Max settings on everything (excepting ground traffic/air and airport traffic of course) but with Autogen distance on Medium and hit up to 70 fps in most places, and usually mid 30s in congested areas like Seattle, Chicago, etc, using all Orbx products available in those areas and Carenado-glass cockpits (which hit framerates as well, I've found).

LA and San Diego, however, I have the most issues with - at those settings, I'm in the high teens to very low 20s. For those areas, I have a present which knocks everything down to below max on nearly every setting, which mostly keeps me in the low 30s with the occasional 18 fps stuttering. Just curious...I think I have like 13 presets of just trying to test different settings with various paid and freeware aircraft in various areas. Can always use a 14th. ;) Thanks!

I should mention that I use Ultimate Traffic Live for AI aircraft, hence why I have the default P3D air traffic at zero (as recommended)...it has greatly improved framerates since it doesn't load up worldwide traffic like default P3D/FSX. Highly recommend it, even if it is still in Beta.

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Surg!  I used to do this but 4.1 broke it so now with 4.3 I can do it again.  I max out the same way.

I also have UTL but run it at 50%.  I love this program because I never liked being alone in the skies.

Nice! That's about where I have commercial traffic with UTL...private I turned down to 35% but still trying to find a good balance. I agree...not only in the skies but also on the ground! :)

2 hours ago, Surg said:

Nice! That's about where I have commercial traffic with UTL...private I turned down to 35% but still trying to find a good balance. I agree...not only in the skies but also on the ground! :)

Same here.  You're right, I love AI ground traffic, the virtual world would be lonely without activity.

Archived