TrueEarth Netherlands AFS2 Various pt 3.

As a dutch private pilot i must admit this is absolute the best scenery ever,much better in detail than prepar ,the only drawback i also have a 1:1 C172 simulator at my house with flightillusion gauges and those gauges are not running on areofly what a pitty

56 minutes ago, DunRingill said:

From the pics it looks like the issue with the gigantic barns and warehouses is solved :)

My money is on an update to the P3D version at some stage to look more like the AFS2 barns.  (But not based on any actual knowledge mind you)

Thank you, wonderful pictures, Iain, well done! 
With so many details, is that a graffiti on the TV tower?

I hope ORBX is doing such a great thing once for Austria.
From the country size it would fit.:)

25 minutes ago, JAK1 said:

With so many details, is that a graffiti on the TV tower?

No, it's a logo of a tv-program called 'Man bijt hond' (Man bites dog) that was voted to be the most iconic program in 60 years of Dutch television and because of that the broadcasting tower was called after the program and the logo painted on it. 

file_30208.jpg

1 hour ago, J van E said:

No, it's a logo of a tv-program called 'Man bijt hond' (Man bites dog) that was voted to be the most iconic program in 60 years of Dutch television and because of that the broadcasting tower was called after the program and the logo painted on it. 

Thank you J van E, for the detailed explanation. With this in mind, I will soon fly around the TV tower with completely different eyes.

Flight simulation educates.:)

32 minutes ago, John Hargreaves said:

I wonder if anyone at OrbX has had chance to fly the incoming R22 helicopter for AFS2; this scenery, and the upcoming England, looks perfectly made for some nice low and slow rotorcraft flying.

Sergio at Helisimmer posted a teaser shot on his facebook page of him (I think) piloting the R22 over New York, and promising a review. I hope that means it's not far away.

And yes, Netherlands would make for some great Heli Flights. :)

3 hours ago, J van E said:

file_30208.jpg

Actually the program has been invented by the Belgian national broadcaster VRT. The rights has been sold to the dutch broadcaster.

19 minutes ago, Festijn said:

Actually the program has been invented by the Belgian national broadcaster VRT. The rights has been sold to the dutch broadcaster.

I know. ;) It's the reason why I didn't understand they chose this program as the most iconic one. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 9:53 PM, Ricophoto said:

As a dutch private pilot i must admit this is absolute the best scenery ever,much better in detail than prepar ,the only drawback i also have a 1:1 C172 simulator at my house with flightillusion gauges and those gauges are not running on areofly what a pitty

X-Plane version will be out soonish (possibly), so those gauges will be good to go!

Archived