By Jiminy reprise

Adam Banks

More fun and games. Jack's doing DIY in RL, so while the cat's away ...

zk-jak_01_395_1350.jpg?dl=1

zk-jak_02_620_1350.jpg?dl=1

The cylinders and exhausts are fully animated ...

zk-jak_03_22_1350.jpg?dl=1

Too busy with my camera (and no radio) ... OOOOPS!

zk-jak_04_554_1350.jpg?dl=1

Better lie low for a bit!

zk-jak_05_897_1350.jpg?dl=1

Another day ... another adventure!

zk-jak_06_398_1350.jpg?dl=1

zk-jak_07_47_1350.jpg?dl=1

Made it!!

zk-jak_08_990_1350.jpg?dl=1

If anyone has this insane little aircraft and wants Jack's infamous livery, it's here:
http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=liveries&id=128#preview

Adam.

19 minutes ago, Ray Farrugia said:

Insane Adam!

Yep! And I intend to keep it that way :lol:!

There's an empty space at the front of the fuselage that's begging some irreverent emblem of some kind ... but I'll wait and see what Jack himself throws at me!

Thanks for the nice comments, folks!

Adam.

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

This just ain't cricket!:wacko:

Too right!!!

23 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

A cri - cri with Jack's Livery

welldone

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Ray Farrugia said:

Insane Adam!

I hope you mean the livery! :lol:

17 hours ago, olderndirt said:

I'm really jealous of your river water - XP hasn't come close.

Trouble is, the sea loooks like that as well :huh:

12 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Great set of screenshots!  You be a bit cray cray in Jack's Cri Cri Sir! B)

Har har :D ... more crayziness follows below:

ats_cricri_n759js_799_1350.jpg?dl=1

ats_cricri_n759js_223_1350.jpg?dl=1

ats_cricri_n759js_140_1350.jpg?dl=1

If anyone would like a US version of Jack's naughty little runabout, it's here:

http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=liveries&id=129#preview

Adam.

Great shots overall, although the model looks fairly artificial and unrealistic, but maybe it's meant to be plain plane fun!

And in the two just before the last, the sim looks as if some better mesh is needed to avoid the draped look.

Now there's my critical view, does it help or upset, or is it irrelevant to our enjoyment of these posts?  And am I deservedly wide open to some stronger criticism of my efforts, which in many cases I would deserve particularly if they carried useful hints.

1 minute ago, macca22au said:

Great shots overall, although the model looks fairly artificial and unrealistic, but maybe it's meant to be plain plane fun!

And in the two just before the last, the sim looks as if some better mesh is needed to avoid the draped look.

Now there's my critical view, does it help or upset, or is it irrelevant to our enjoyment of these posts?  And am I deservedly wide open to some stronger criticism of my efforts, which in many cases I would deserve particularly if they carried useful hints.

Good on yer, Ian!

The model certainly isn't complex - but I don't the real thing is any more complex than a scaled up plastic kit anyway!!!

That's the freeware mesh you're maligning there!!! :lol:. I agree though , it doesn't blend awfully well with the default terrain - but it's still pretty dramatic. To tell you the truth - I had to quickly place Jack's aircraft in an area that was very obviously the USA - and this was the first location that sprung to mind!!!!

Adam.

I'm not sure that I like myself after this....Open LC America is a big improvement on default and Pilot's mesh is excellent but a huge volume if you want the world,  so I waited for the disc set to arrive.  It would have taken me days with very slow local download speeds otherwise.

And this I realise is where the notion of critique is suspect. People have the best rig they can afford, and as a result visuals vary vastly in quality.  We want them to post their shots, not pass some sort of threshold test. It is true that one can identify the 1070/1080, the high-powered CPU. Active Sky or similar,  detailed add-on mesh, an AI aircraft programme, PTA and similar...and they all cost money.  We need computers specified well beyond what anyone needs for Spreadsheet work.  And in IT you get what you pay for. 

Ah well.  And Adam I like your style.

3 minutes ago, macca22au said:

And this I realise is where the notion of critique is suspect. People have the best rig they can afford, and as a result visuals vary vastly in quality.  We want them to post their shots, not pass some sort of threshold test.

I never thought of that, but you're quite right! As I keep boring everyone by saying (can I use the word boring??? :ph34r:) ... I have an old/slow PC so my FS sessions are more or less slide shows - but I do like slide-shows!

Adam.

Excellent Adam!  How about adding a cricket to the front?  Either the insect or that cartoon?  And it definite sounds like a cricket, it has the funnies engine sound of any plane in any sim.

Gotta go, we're getting pounded by another severe storm.  Lights flickering and all that.

Jack:  you could fly this out of your home strip.  25Georgia took a bit of finding, but nice and rural, yet close to KATL for the big stuff. And Adam I know this is a plastic fantastic from a kit-set.  But I think those little egg-beaters are a worry.

36 minutes ago, macca22au said:

And Adam I know this is a plastic fantastic from a kit-set.  But I think those little egg-beaters are a worry.

I trolled around a few RL Cri-Cri sites. Worrying indeed! There are quite a few accounts of those strap-on engines failing.

Archived