Supersonic Circle in Wales

Or, the Mach Loop.

I don't know how they do it, it ain't easy at fast speeds.  But I followed Roger's new GTN flight plan and did it and it was very cool.

I wonder if I could do this in a 747? :D

Sorry, 33 shots, I um, got kinda carried away?

pzBwYoX.jpg

ZMoNf0Z.jpg

ztRTINz.jpg

j9pR7kh.jpg

EcIt5Dz.jpg

cm73KhU.jpg

IuqXeba.jpg

bQWksVX.jpg

5AZvGIH.jpg

VyVM9ik.jpg

jNT0rg8.jpg

Jvs9eQu.jpg

6JWRY7r.jpg

diqRz8Q.jpg

Diu4cGX.jpg

CfcjlTF.jpg

Wr7zUZL.jpg

uLuqNen.jpg

nYX6eg8.jpg

BJwvkLA.jpg

oy1jM7y.jpg

JfoN8m5.jpg

BqqcJ5j.jpg

id24A2o.jpg

Mgn3dOu.jpg

8i8r54g.jpg

Kb5Q8cT.jpg

V97Rd2T.jpg

kkNB1iX.jpg

qx2L0zH.jpg

LrhzHdB.jpg

MqCShtF.jpg

Xq6HaRW.jpg

Wonderful series Jack and a very dapper jet you are flying in.;)

Some excellent Welsh scenery you flew through.:)

Now stop wondering if you can fly your 744 round there, just get out there and show us all how it is done!:lol:

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful series Jack and a very dapper jet you are flying in.;)

Some excellent Welsh scenery you flew through.:)

Now stop wondering if you can fly your 744 round there, just get out there and show us all how it is done!:lol:

Thanks Martyn!  Yeah, Wales is so lush and green, quite beautiful in Orbxland!  I might try the 747 but don't have Roger's GTN plans in it so it would be a real difficult thing to do, and the 747 is so slow on turns, I think it would not be pretty :wacko:

11 hours ago, olderndirt said:

A whole lot of scrolling going on.  You're up at 'nosebleed' altitude.  Get down on the deck so photographers on the ridges can read the naughty signs your backseater is holding up.

I'll have to try that OND, but with this plane it's real hard to juggle so many things, following the GTN and flying at the same time while taking screenshots.  I didn't want the GTN to be in every shot.

11 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Excellent run Jack!  As far as the 747 goes, Sis, boom ba, I know you can, I know you can, I know you can! :P  Just watch those wing tips! :rolleyes:

Thanks Roger!  If I try the 747 it might be Sis, boom.....:blink:  I might try it but without the GTN I wouldn't know where to go.  All I have is the FMC in it and I don't think it can be programmed that way. 

More practice, Jack.  Go through the Loop many times in a slower aircraft and learn the scenery. Then 'get down and dirty fast'.

Good shots. Happy to see you take a turn through the Loop.;)

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'll have to try that OND, but with this plane it's real hard to juggle so many things, following the GTN and flying at the same time while taking screenshots.  I didn't want the GTN to be in every shot.

You can always use 'pause' to get your shot organized. 

4 hours ago, JMBIII said:

More practice, Jack.  Go through the Loop many times in a slower aircraft and learn the scenery. Then 'get down and dirty fast'.

Good shots. Happy to see you take a turn through the Loop.;)

Thanks Joe!  I could do that, I probably will in time.  It's difficult for me to remember scenery locations unless it's an airport but I'll surely try again.

Archived