Airbus over Queenstown

Just now, captainbluesky said:

Very nice shots Jack.  That FSL A320 is an awesome study level aircraft isn't it?

Thanks Captain!  One of my very best and favorite planes.  I never worked one of these in real life, so used to Boeing so it's amazing how little control the pilots actually have over the throttles!  I mean the pilots are almost just along for the ride, the plane is so advanced it's amazing.

12 minutes ago, Aussie123 said:

'Queensland' :wacko:

Did I do something wrong Aussie? If so I apologize as I’m just a dumb Yankee. :wacko:

I see, my HUGE mistake, it's Queenstown.  I apologize if I offended anyone.  I should have looked.

Put on your hard hat Jack :) 

Our lovely Kiwi neighbours might get offended that you associated their beautiful Queenstown, with our Australian State across the 'dtch'. They are 3,500 km apart.

A great and good hearted sporting rivalry exists between us and I am sure they believe a Rugby team from Queenstown could beat a team drawn from all of the state of Queensland.

(Bit like mixing London, Ohio, with London, UK and saying they are the same. Very different :D.)

Good to see you used the short runway at Queenstown. Bit more of a challenge.

Aussie

1 minute ago, Captain Lars said:

Beautiful pictures, Jack, but a video of the Airbus rolling down that narrow runway would have been even cooler, with focus on the main gear...

Thanks Lars but I don't know how to do video. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Aussie123 said:

Put on your hard hat Jack :) 

Our lovely Kiwi neighbours might get offended that you associated their beautiful Queenstown, with our Australian State across the 'dtch'. They are 3,500 km apart.

A great and good hearted sporting rivalry exists between us and I am sure they believe a Rugby team from Queenstown could beat a team drawn from all of the state of Queensland.

(Bit like mixing London, Ohio, with London, UK and saying they are the same. Very different :D.)

Good to see you used the short runway at Queenstown. Bit more of a challenge.

Aussie

Thanks Aussie!  I fixed it.  My bust.  Nonetheless, it's a very beautiful area.  I watched the first of the three Hobbit movies on my iPad recently, then the making of it and gosh was I amazed at that country!  Those NZ mountains and well, the whole country, I'd trade all I won to live the rest of life there.

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Some nice and scenic views of the Queenstown area Jack. We can't all be the geographical Master's that Martyn is ;) :D

Thanks Landon!  You're right, he's the Iain of geography.  I've learned more from Martyn's flight over our Orbxland than I have in years.

5 minutes ago, Aussie123 said:

You are right Jack.

It is a beautiful place. The snow line at this time of year is similar to that depicted by Orbx (see webcam shots below).

https://www.skyline.co.nz/en/queenstown/plan-your-visit/skyline-queenstown-current-conditions/

Nice to visit all year round.

Aussie.

Well Aussie, I have to honestly say, I'm green with envy.  You would not want to see photos of where I live.  :(

I don't live in New Zealand Jack.

I last visited NZ last year and spent two weeks driving around the South Island in a campervan. Beautiful place. Great people.

That's why I like flying around the NI and SI in Orbx. Brings back memories until next time.

It is a very good representation of the true scenery. REX Sky Force adds to the environment around those high peaks.

Aussie

Just now, Aussie123 said:

I don't live in New Zealand Jack.

I last visited NZ last year and spent two weeks driving around the South Island in a campervan. Beautiful place. Great people.

That's why I like flying around the NI and SI in Orbx. Brings back memories until next time.

It is a very good representation of the true scenery. REX Sky Force adds to the environment around those high peaks.

Aussie

I think LC-wise it's Orbx's finest.

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for waking me up, I thought I could hear my name being mentioned in my sleep.:o

Wonderful set Jack and one of the best liveries too.:D

Thanks Martyn! :lol: I agree, it's now my new favorite livery worldwide!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

55 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

The airbus livery fits perfectly to the airport.

The airbus size fits rather not perfectly to that runway. Congrats to the ATC  :D!

Thanks Gerold, I knew it was wrong but was in a huge rush as I had real world stuff to do. 

Archived