More randoms on new PC

Jack, all looks to be coming along very well...these are some good looking captures. I didn't know that Atlanta was represented that well with just OpenLC NA (I making an assumption that is the scenery you are using)...nice!

11 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I noticed a "Master caution" in shot 5....?

This jet is definitively not designed to fly upside down.... :o 

Good catch Fred, yes, it's designed so well you'll starve for fuel while inverted.  So it's brilliant.

7 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, all looks to be coming along very well...these are some good looking captures. I didn't know that Atlanta was represented that well with just OpenLC NA (I making an assumption that is the scenery you are using)...nice!

Thanks Landon!  More coming soon.  Yes, this is Orb's OpenLC and Global.

2 minutes ago, jean marc said:

you are right Jack, better to fly in this inversed position ... to count the so many thousands of houses that you can get with your huge new screen and HD such resolution :o

Thanks Jean Marc, yes sir, it's amazing!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Greg, and a special thank you for helping me.  I'll call someday just to talk.  Where are you located?

Frankfort Maine 18 miles S of KBGR and 22 miles NW of KBHB. I have 5 acres in the woods of Maine.

Greg

5 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Frankfort Maine 18 miles S of KBGR and 22 miles NW of KBHB. I have 5 acres in the woods of Maine.

Greg

Hi Greg, I'm originally from Boston, but I'm okay now.  I love Maine, it's beautiful country there and the weather's just right for me, I melt here in this crummy heat.

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Looking good Jack.

Indeed install it bit by bit. That's the way I did it too.

Thanks!  Yup, but it sure can get tedious.  One thing I love about Orbx though is their installation.  I wish EVERYONE was like this.  A2A just went kind of Orbx-like and it's great.  

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Some wonderful images here Jack.

They did a great job of Atlanta in OLC from which ever way up you look at it.:)

Thanks Martyn, getting there slowly.  I wish Orbx would do an Atlanta Cityscape, that would be awesome!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, getting there slowly.  I wish Orbx would do an Atlanta Cityscape, that would be awesome!

It would Jack, I wonder what surprise they will spring on us next!:)

Looking good there Jack. I bet you're really enjoying 4k on a 50" screen - those big screens really open things up, don't they? Mine doesn't run quite that big but I'd go for a wall of screens over VR any day, personally. Not knocking VR, just don't like to be unaware of my actual real surroundings - I rarely even wear my headset for the same reason.

Oh, and congrats on the 10k likes thing!

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Super looking shots Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Looking good there Jack. I bet you're really enjoying 4k on a 50" screen - those big screens really open things up, don't they? Mine doesn't run quite that big but I'd go for a wall of screens over VR any day, personally. Not knocking VR, just don't like to be unaware of my actual real surroundings - I rarely even wear my headset for the same reason.

Oh, and congrats on the 10k likes thing!

Thanks Andy.  I know what you mean about VR.  I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago at the mall and was totally amazed but you have no idea who is around you.  It can get unnerving.

Archived