Beaten by the Bakers.

VH-KDK

The conclusion to my flight from LDDU to EHAM in this beautiful KLM 744.

The big question is, will Stewart be there waiting for the pallet of eggs when we get there?:unsure:

Previously:-

21.bm7Br9E.jpg

Leaving The Alps and the Chiemsee in our wake with  the Salzach River which marks the German/Austrian border can be seen in the distance.

22.ydUv5Ua.jpg

Munich.

23.bMQlM2i.jpg

The Donau with a small part of ETSN Neuburg.

24.tUnHnIT.jpg

Approaching The Main at Wertheim

25.qfllJbn.jpg

Erlenbach is one of the many towns on the banks of The Main.

26.nHvtEF2.jpg

Some impressive clouds near Wetzlar

27.oa0pCpr.jpg

Breaking through the clouds at Utrecht

28.GZXwhFR.jpg

As I am about to touchdown I press P to disengage the AP, AThr etc  and find that when I resume the flight that the plane's port wing drops momentarily. The outer engine contacted the runway in a shower of sparks. The effect can be seen here in replay mode with the smoking engine!

29.8vWqVZm.jpg

Landing at EHAM.

30.aX8jtJC.jpg

As the eggs are unloaded, sadly Stewart was not at the airport to collect them so the local baker took them. 

As well as beating Stewart to them they have now been beaten in the mixing bowl to make some of the local delicacies including Pot Brownies and Space Cakes.

That is it for this flight, I hope you enjoyed the ride.

As so often I enjoy your geo informations, which fits so well to the beauty of the scenery below. If Orbs needs a "Senior geographical information expert" next to their "Seinor schreenshot artist", you would br the man.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

As I am about to touchdown I press P to disengage the AP, AThr etc  and find that when I resume the flight that the plane's port wing drops momentarily. The outer engine contacted the runway in a shower of sparks. The effect can be seen here in replay mode with the smoking engine!

I am keen to see this effect... and how you managed to land safely after...

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Stewart was not at the airport to collect them so the local baker took them.

A real pity, as the dutch bakery products are not too exciting.

Another fabulous set Martyn, I really love your brilliant narration, it really helps, and those misty mountain shots, beautiful!  As for the eggs, well, at least they didn't get cracked when they were all in that big basket! :P

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! Great flight and narrative! :)

Shame about the eggs. Stewart needs to check when you file a flight plan :lol:

Cheers Paul, I am glad you enjoyed the flight and thanks for your comment.:)

Anyway the eggs didn't go to waste.

10 hours ago, Stillwater said:

As so often I enjoy your geo informations, which fits so well to the beauty of the scenery below. If Orbs needs a "Senior geographical information expert" next to their "Seinor schreenshot artist", you would br the man.

I am keen to see this effect... and how you managed to land safely after...

A real pity, as the dutch bakery products are not too exciting.

Many thanks for your gracious comment s Gerold, I am flattered.:P

It is a bit of a mystery with disengaging the AP and a bit scary the first time but the plane always lands safely. I have got away with it in the A320 but the 744 has that extra engine on each wing.:huh:

Maybe you will have to spread some wasabi on your next Dutch pastry to liven it up a bit.:o

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another fabulous set Martyn, I really love your brilliant narration, it really helps, and those misty mountain shots, beautiful!  As for the eggs, well, at least they didn't get cracked when they were all in that big basket! :P

Thanks for your taking the time to comment Jack and I am glad you appreciated the post.:D

We use a very special basket for the transportation of the eggs especially when the customer is someone as important as Stewart.;)

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice delivery flight and narration Martyn. I guess maybe Stewart is hiding in one of his mountain troll caves and therefore had no idea you were on your way. Hmmm...^_^

Thanks for commenting Landon and for making me laugh with the troll comment.:lol:

Poor Stewart, I am trying to visualise him in his cave watching the 744 fly past and realising he wont get to EHAM in time to collect his eggs!:o

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Maybe you will have to spread some wasabi on your next Dutch pastry to liven it up a bit.:o

Great suggestion. I still have some fresh wasabi from my last Asia trip here, maybe this helps!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great suggestion. I still have some fresh wasabi from my last Asia trip here, maybe this helps!

It looks like you have a burning desire to try this out.:wacko:

Cracking shots and explanation, Martyn. I love the one showing Munich.

I'm a bit puzzled of your autopilot disengagement mishap, though and wonder that the eggs didn't get scrambled before entering the bakery with such a hard landing.

It was not logical btw to think that Stewart would be receiving his eggs so far away from any mountain, though. ;) 

The KLM 747 fleet is dismantled one by one at the moment and they will all be gone in 2020.

Dismantling takes place at EHTW by a recycling company called AELS (https://www.aels.nl/) [Aircraft End of Life Solutions]

Nevertheless KLM has decided to repaint the remaining B747 planes in the new company livery standard as can be seen in Martyn's shots.

-Fred-

3 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Cracking shots and explanation, Martyn. I love the one showing Munich.

I'm a bit puzzled of your autopilot disengagement mishap, though and wonder that the eggs didn't get scrambled before entering the bakery with such a hard landing.

It was not logical btw to think that Stewart would be receiving his eggs so far away from any mountain, though. ;) 

Thanks for commenting Lars.:)

No doubt I am doing something stupid to make the AP behave in such a way.:wacko:

Nothing I do is logical.:o

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

The KLM 747 fleet is dismantled one by one at the moment and they will all be gone in 2020.

Dismantling takes place at EHTW by a recycling company called AELS https://www.aels.nl [Aircraft End of Life Solutions]

Nevertheless KLM has decided to repaint the remaining B747 planes in the new company livery standard as can be seen in Martyn's shots.

-Fred-

Thanks for commenting Fred.:)

What a shame to see these wonderful aircraft disappearing from our skies after all these years.:(

17 hours ago, adambar said:

The thing is, don't put all your eggs into one basket. :rolleyes:  Great shots and narrative Martyn! :)

Thanks for the advice Adam, with the problems on landing the flight almost ended up a basket case!:o

Archived