The Poseidon Adventure, out of Ireland

VH-KDK

I have just completed a flight across Europe passing through just ORBX regions.

Here is the first instalment out of Ireland.

1.pa1.jpg

The Boeing P-8 Poseidon has been chosen for the flight and is waiting at Cork. 

2.pa2.jpg

After almost colliding with a car on the runway we are safely off.

3.pa3.jpg

At Minane Bridge  we are turning to follow the coast for a while.

4.pa4.jpg

Looking back at Cork Harbour where the Titanic's last port of call was at Cobh.

5.pa5.jpg

At the Blackwater Estuary is the resort town of Youghal.

6.pa6.jpg

Despite it's idyllic appearance, Dungarvan Harbour has in the past had water quality problems.

7.pa7.jpg

The Barrow River and estuary are approached with the town of Waterford, a former glass making town that gives it's name to Waterford Crystal.

8.pa8.jpg

At Wellingtonbridge looking back at the Barrow with the Suir flowing from the right.

9.pa9.jpg

The Slaney River flows into Wexford Harbour. An agricultural town the harbour was once a thriving sea port but was closed in 1968 as the continuous dredging to keep it open had become unprofitable.

10.pa10.jpg

We set out across the St George's Chanel to Wales.

Alright Martyn, the title of this post alone grabbed my attention...The Poseidon Adventure was one of my favorite adventure movies as a kid. Anyhow, on to you shots...looks like a great new start on another one of your flying adventures. Nice aircraft choice, captures and narration. Looking forward to the next installment :) 

That was absolutely fabulous Martyn!  I liked the reference to the Titanic, Waterford, and all the other little bits of information in this set.  Your narration really makes our little bit of Orbx-Earth come alive my friend.

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Alright Martyn, the title of this post alone grabbed my attention...The Poseidon Adventure was one of my favorite adventure movies as a kid. Anyhow, on to you shots...looks like a great new start on another one of your flying adventures. Nice aircraft choice, captures and narration. Looking forward to the next installment :) 

Thanks Landon, the flight has been completed and the images chosen out of about 200!:o

All I have to do now is to edit and upload them.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shot great post Martyn. Good info. And like Landon I liked "The Poseidon Adventure" movie too. Waterford Crystal now I know. 

Thank you Karl, yes it was another of those enjoyable disaster movies from the 70s.:)

33 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was absolutely fabulous Martyn!  I liked the reference to the Titanic, Waterford, and all the other little bits of information in this set.  Your narration really makes our little bit of Orbx-Earth come alive my friend.

Many thanks Jack, it takes quite a while and now it is a lot harder since the photo layer disappeared from GE.:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Many thanks Jack, it takes quite a while and now it is a lot harder since the photo layer disappeared from GE.:rolleyes:

I can imagine, I wonder why they removed that photo layer?  But as long as you're inclined to add the narrative I'll keep enjoying them Martyn, they really enhance your flights.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you Karl, yes it was another of those enjoyable disaster movies from the 70s.:)

Enjoyable disaster, what a funny sounding statement! :lol:  Remember all of them?  Towering Inferno, and I forget the other ones, seems like there was one a month, so very very very long ago! 

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Enjoyable disaster, what a funny sounding statement! :lol:  Remember all of them?  Towering Inferno, and I forget the other ones, seems like there was one a month, so very very very long ago! 

Because Hollywood is a fantasy world Jack, it is different when I am watching RL programmes.

6 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Because Hollywood is a fantasy world Jack, it is different when I am watching RL programmes.

I agree, this is why I no longer watch TV, movies, or anything at all.  A YT now and then for instructional stuff like aviation, physics, or history but only for 30 minutes.

16 hours ago, adambar said:

I like that plane Martyn, great shots! :)

Cheers Adam, a great plane and something different for me as I don't fly modern military very often at all.;)

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I can imagine, I wonder why they removed that photo layer?  But as long as you're inclined to add the narrative I'll keep enjoying them Martyn, they really enhance your flights.

Cheers Jack, a bit of a mystery and disappointing too.:(

6 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

This post is a showcase for the Ireland region... which I still don´t have...!

Maybe I should ask for a window seat on your plane to save money :ph34r:.

Thanks Gerold and Ireland is not a place I fly around enough as there is some beautiful scenery there.

You are welcome to a window seat on any of my flights Gerold but I think you might have a problem on this flight.

I doubt if you would save any money either as they go for a premium price.:huh::blink::wacko:

18 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Lol. What do yer think Martyn?<_<:rolleyes::P:DOops... I er meant watching Riverdance>:D:D

I would stick to the drink Karl, as some of rivers are polluted and I wouldn't want to dance in them.:o:ph34r::lol:

Archived