Netherlands TrueEarth around Lelystad area 1M/pixel.

14 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

It has been a little quiet here in the preview section regarding shots from you Iain....thanks for not letting us down and posting some more tease shots ;) 

Yes, you're right, Landon, we are getting used to Iain's previews, but these 1m pixel shots are so unbelievable detailed.

I will never be able to realize this with my FSX.....

-Fred-

Again fantastiv pics, Iain!

One thing I have noticed is that the poles of the wind farms and of the power lines are casting two shadows. I assume one is baked into the areal image the other one created by P3D. Will the baked in shadows eventually be removed?

Looking awesome! I have a question though: are there any 'rijtjeshuizen'? The kind of houses in a row you see everywhere in the Netherlands? In almost all pictures I've seen so far the roofs seem to have different colors for every next house and all houses seem to have a roof of their own (I don't know how to say this properly in English) while 'rijtjeshuizen' usually have one roof that spans the entire block and also has one color. It's what makes a Dutch neighborhood Dutch. ;) And as I said, it seems I haven't seen any of them. 

I live in a 'rijtjeshuis' myself and it would be a bummer if my block (and my entire 'buurt'!) had seperate roofs with different colors. 

Just asking. ;)

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I love how everything is so organized and geometric.  The precision of everything is very appealing to me.

Thanks for your kind words about my country Jack.

Yes, almost the whole country comes from a drawing board. Not only on surface but even things in the ground like cables and sewer pipes are geometrically designed and placed.

I've heard Japanese folks some day talking about The Netherlands being one giant park. :)

Yes, almost the whole country comes from a drawing board. Not only on surface but even things in the ground like cables and sewer pipes are geometrically designed and placed.
I've heard Japanese folks some day talking about The Netherlands being one giant park. [emoji4]
I find that interesting too.

19 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

I've heard Japanese folks some day talking about The Netherlands being one giant park. :)

I really like looking at these shots for that very reason.  It’s incredibly sophisticated as the Dutch were way agead of their time in the past centuries.  They ruled the seas, gave us Christian Hyguens, and many others.  They’re still so advanced in water control that Venice sought their advice.  I have a great deal of respect for the Netherlands.

Archived