MacRobertson Air Race leg 19

Jack Sawyer

14 minutes ago, Captain Lars said:

Insert an open water shot here and there to show that you really fly over so much open water. Congrats on your 19th leg!

I should have Lars, didn't think of it, but trust me, the entire flight was over a couple hundred miles of water.

Just now, flyingleaf said:

Love it Jack. Also like that you change the "Lady's" dress with each new leg of flying.:D

Thanks Karl!  Since I'm now in Australia I'm gonna keep her dressed this way for the next five legs.  Been quite a learning experience and adventure.

I see they have "Devil's Tower's in Indonesia also ( shot #1 ) . :rolleyes:;):D Anyway great shots from your epic journey Jack , hopefully Martyn has some cold one's icing down and some shrimp on the barbie when you arrive in Melbourne . :ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Great flight and shots Jack! :)

Thanks again Adam!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Not much to see on this part Jack but that is the last of the boring open water.

Now you just have about 2,500km of red desert to cross with the occasional oasis.

Thanks Martyn, I didn't realize that till just now, all desert, well, it's better than mile after mile of water.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

I see they have "Devil's Tower's in Indonesia also ( shot #1 ) . :rolleyes:;):D Anyway great shots from your epic journey Jack , hopefully Martyn has some cold one's icing down and some shrimp on the barbie when you arrive in Melbourne . :ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Yeah, someone must have recreated it, maybe it was Speilburg.  :D

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

fantastic set of shots Jack regards EMM

Thanks EMM!

Good you escaped the Asian Devil´s Tower, Jack, and a pleasure to see you have finally made landfall. Time flies, just as your trip does!

But, mate, you should definetively follow Martyn and me and install OZx - including Darwin International airport this is ;)!

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Good you escaped the Asian Devil´s Tower, Jack, and a pleasure to see you have finally made landfall. Time flies, just as your trip does!

But, mate, you should definetively follow Martyn and me and install OZx - including Darwin International airport this is ;)!

Thanks Gerold.  I've tried OZx but could never figure out how to install it, it always seems too complicated to me.  :wacko:

15 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold.  I've tried OZx but could never figure out how to install it, it always seems too complicated to me.  :wacko:

You shoud do, jack, it is well worth it!

Just go here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-single-links-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/ and download

OZx AUS 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5, nothing else.

Then grab the new P3Dv4-ready library from http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/27004-ozx-p3d-libraries-open-beta-updated-18012018/ .

If all works well you will scroll through the download area and grab some more...

PS: I can´t delete this unnecessary picture, sorry...

image.thumb.png.b5d08e0d8c593cf75379a26191ae5483.png

12 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

You shoud do, jack, it is well worth it!

Just go here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1825-single-links-ozx-au-complete-ozx-na-complete-ozx-libraries/ and download

OZx AUS 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5, nothing else.

Then grab the new P3Dv4-ready library from http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/27004-ozx-p3d-libraries-open-beta-updated-18012018/ .

If all works well you will scroll through the download area and grab some more...

PS: I can´t delete this unnecessary picture, sorry...

image.thumb.png.b5d08e0d8c593cf75379a26191ae5483.png

Thanks Gerold.  I might give it a try but I don't want to pull my hair out. I wish it was as east as FTX.

On another note, I'm now making the flight from Darwin, but I'm supposed to go to Newcastle Waters, well, in P3D's airport list there is nothing with that name, I get YWLM but that's something like 1700 miles away, the race charts tells me it should be due south at 384 miles.  So I'm skipping that leg and going straight to Cloncurry.

Archived