Starring Landor

VH-KDK

The 1011 at YMML leaving for a quick FSX test flight.

1.tl1.jpg

2.tl2.jpg

3.tl3.jpg

4.tl4.jpg

5.tl5.jpg

I liked this colour scheme:) apart from the ditching of the "Speedbird" symbol.:angry:

So no crashes in the reinstall and fingers crossed I don't get one!:ph34r:

You will hear me scream if I do.:lol:

12 minutes ago, BradB said:

I had to look this title up : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Landor

I had no idea what Landor was , now I do . Thanks Martyn , I learned something today . But please , no screaming . :):o:D

Cheers

John

Cheers John, and happy to hear you have learned something today.:)

The screaming will be intermingled with the usual manic laughter I have when flying.:wacko:

11 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Good successful test flight Martyn, let's see how long it lasts ;)  Anyhow, some nice shots of the L1011 and YMML here. 

Thanks Landon, if I get another 2 years out of it without any problems I will be happy.

I could understand if one of the freeware planes had caused this but a payware one.:o:(:angry:

57 minutes ago, adambar said:

Please, no screaming I have my headphones on Martyn. :wacko::D  Looking real good on your test flight! :)

Thank you Adam, just turn up the volume but not too much as that is how I stuffed up my hearing when I was young and even more stupid.:blink::wacko::o:lol:

I would love to see the VC, where did you get it, is it at all study level?  I remember working every last system in that cockpit, I had to know more than the pilots, every signal sent to every last switch and indicator, I worked it all.  I'd give all I own to go back in tome to work them again.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Majestic Livery Martyn!  I think it's a toss-up between what I love best this livery or Qantas!  This livery is so regal and classy though.

It was described as stuffy but I think it was a very refined looking livery with a lot of thought gone into it.

Totally different from many of the unimaginative liveries today.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I would love to see the VC, where did you get it, is it at all study level?  I remember working every last system in that cockpit, I had to know more than the pilots, every signal sent to every last switch and indicator, I worked it all.  I'd give all I own to go back in tome to work them again.

I am pretty sure you can upgrade it to the professional level which will then work in P3D.:unsure:

This one is more of a point and fly plane as it is the basic model.:lol:

7 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Good old heavy metal here, Martyn. With the noise generator just above the smokers rows. Pure comfort.

What a great old plane and amazing how things have progressed in almost 50 years.:P

I can also remember checking in one day and asking for window no smoking and being told we don't allow smoking on our planes now.:huh:

What a relief that was.:D

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Gerold, they designed that metal strake on top specifically to stop noise, it helped quite a bit.

Another fascinating snippet of info Jack, keep them coming.:)

50 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

It was described as stuffy but I think it was a very refined looking livery with a lot of thought gone into it.

Totally different from many of the unimaginative liveries today.

Stuff?  Really?  I thought it was regal and very noble looking, had a lot of class.

49 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I am pretty sure you can upgrade it to the professional level which will then work in P3D.:unsure:

This one is more of a point and fly plane as it is the basic model.:lol:

They have a professional one?  Who makes it?

43 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Another fascinating snippet of info Jack, keep them coming.:)

45 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

What a great old plane and amazing how things have progressed in almost 50 years.:P

I can also remember checking in one day and asking for window no smoking and being told we don't allow smoking on our planes now.:huh:

What a relief that was.:D

When we overhauled them, after they stopped smoking on the planes, we'd basically strip them down to the frame.  All the seats, floors, and sidewalks came out, right down to the skin.  The amount of smoke in those cabins through the years caused something amazing.  On the inside of the outer skin, behind the sidewall, you'd see these one inch tall cones of tar that had built up around pinhole leaks.  When we scraped them off it smelled terribly of cigarettes.  

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

When we overhauled them, after they stopped smoking on the planes, we'd basically strip them down to the frame.  All the seats, floors, and sidewalks came out, right down to the skin.  The amount of smoke in those cabins through the years caused something amazing.  On the inside of the outer skin, behind the sidewall, you'd see these one inch tall cones of tar that had built up around pinhole leaks.  When we scraped them off it smelled terribly of cigarettes.  

And now imagine that inside you :) There are many things from the past, the good ole' days, that I do NOT miss. Smoking in planes, and everywhere else for that matter is one of the biggest things I don't miss. Old rotary phones, giant land yacht cars, Radio Shack TRS computers, outhouses..these are just a few of the things I don't miss about the good 'ole days...and don't get me started on the the fashion options from the '70s'...:D We may miss the good ol'e days, but there are many reasons to be happy with what we have currently. Sometimes, perspective is a good drink to sip on everyone ;) 

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

And now imagine that inside you :) There are many things from the past, the good ole' days, that I do NOT miss. Smoking in planes, and everywhere else for that matter is one of the biggest things I don't miss. Old rotary phones, giant land yacht cars, Radio Shack TRS computers, outhouses..these are just a few of the things I don't miss about the good 'ole days...and don't get me started on the the fashion options from the '70s'...:D We may miss the good ol'e days, but there are many reasons to be happy with what we have currently. Sometimes, perspective is a good drink to sip on everyone ;) 

Very true Landon, like every era there was good and bad in it.

Some things about today that are worrying I cannot mention here;) but one of the things these times will not be known for is it's "music.":lol:

19 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I did an early morning flight from YMML to Devonport in an F-28 back in 1988. The plane had been locked up on the tarmac all night and we boarded by the steps. It was a damp morning and the stench of stale smoke was unbearable. It clung to everything and I had never felt so uncomfortable on a plane. 

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Very true Landon, like every era there was good and bad in it.

Some things about today that are worrying I cannot mention here;) but one of the things these times will not be known for is it's "music.":lol:

See Martyn, there I must agree to disagree. I have favorite musicians and songs from every generation of modern music all the way back to the 50's. I have embraced and enjoyed so many different genres of music too numerous to list here, many older, many newer. I try to be open minded and accepting of new things, even though I like what I have always liked from my past. I am constantly discovering new old material, and also discovering new new material. To me, it's wonderful journey of discovery. Music is so important to my well being, and I can't imagine keeping doors closed to new things that might enliven my very being. Such is my mindset and my journey ;) Oh, and I like to sim fly too :D

31 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I remember flying in the "no smoking" section thinking this is ridiculous, how could you keep the smoke in one part of the cabin, what rubbish.

Any hey, I liked those rotary phones!  I thought they were neat.  And I would LOVE to own a 1977 Cadillac El Dorado, the biggest car ever made.  I don't however miss Earth Shoes!

No problems Landon, it would be no good if we all thought and liked the same thing.

I do have some modern music in my collection by bands like Muse, Coldplay and One Republic.

As far as old material I am the same and my latest but was The Doobie Brothers The Captain and Me.

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

My brother in law is a medical professor in the field of lungs and respiratory system. He may tell you the same about the inside of smokers (but these guys pay his bills).

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I remember flying in the "no smoking" section thinking this is ridiculous, how could you keep the smoke in one part of the cabin, what rubbish.

The same is true for swimming pools, when urinating in the water is only allowed on lanes 1&2.

29 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

My brother in law is a medical professor in the field of lungs and respiratory system. He may tell you the same about the inside of smokers (but these guys pay his bills).

I used to hate to fly in those days.  I'll never forget the exact day they stopped allowing smoking.  I was working the ticket counter early in my career, everyone who smoked got in our faces screaming in rage at us.

Fast forward to aircraft maintenance, people would do a LOT of stuff to smoke in the lavs.  They would use nail clippers to unwind the safety wire on the smoke detectors and remove the batteries.  The flight attendants knew how to smoke in the lavs though, I could tell but then people might do it.

Archived