One fine day in Paris

Jack Sawyer

Oh, I thought you were going to be in Paris, Texas. :)   Great tour of Paris Jack, the shots were excellent and I guess there were no bridges to fly under so you picked the Eiffel tower!!!!!  What scenery is that of Paris, it looks to good to be default.

8 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Très magnifique Jacques!

Thanks Erik! :lol:

8 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Oh, I thought you were going to be in Paris, Texas. :)   Great tour of Paris Jack, the shots were excellent and I guess there were no bridges to fly under so you picked the Eiffel tower!!!!!  What scenery is that of Paris, it looks to good to be default.

Thanks John, I would have but they were too low.  

8 minutes ago, paulb said:

A great flight Jack! :) But I think that the locals might be sending you back to the good old US of A! :lol:

Thanks Paul.  They’re sending me back with congratulations for a job well done! :P

10 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Oops, sorry John, it’s Orbx Europe LC and Global and Vector 

Good Morning Jack, well you are already early on the way .... great pictures so early from Paris The Pic # 19 is my favourite in your set....

I have not even turned on the news - there flies Jack through the Eifel tower .... great pictures Jack and the yellow effect is always funny .. .. but tell me, did you run out of gas or why did you land on the tracks or did you not get a landing permit from Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle Airport?

Ted :-)

14 minutes ago, TedRuby said:

Good Morning Jack, well you are already early on the way .... great pictures so early from Paris The Pic # 19 is my favourite in your set....

I have not even turned on the news - there flies Jack through the Eifel tower .... great pictures Jack and the yellow effect is always funny .. .. but tell me, did you run out of gas or why did you land on the tracks or did you not get a landing permit from Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle Airport?

Thanks Ted!  I thought it would be fun to land on the tracks.  Glad you enjoyed them! :)

11 minutes ago, shermank said:

Nice flight, but sadly, afaik, we have no Paris scenery that includes the beautifully detailed and historic bridges, not to mention the glory of the Hausmann boulevards.

Sherm

Thanks Sherm, I think in time Orbx might do the City Of Lights, it woukd be a great place for a CityScape.

Hello Jack, Ted,

A question to you about shots 17 - 20 from this series.

From this set, I agree with Ted, that 19 is also my favorite.

Why....because either the horizon outside or the cockpit edge is horizontal.

But how do I manage to get the outside horizon straight and the cockpit bended (?). I think this is not possible with just the 'v' button.

Do I therefore need more advanced camera tools like EzDok or ChasePlane ?

Regards Fred (novice on shooting pictures)

44 minutes ago, TedRuby said:

Well, landing on the tracks is certainly fun (?) for passengers and pilots but less for the landing gear.... ;)

Ted

Hi Ted, I have super-duper landing gear, designed for a Mack truck! :D

27 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hello Jack, Ted,

But how do I manage to get the outside horizon straight and the cockpit bended (?). I think this is not possible with just the 'v' button.

Hi Fred, I'm no ace at shots, not by a long shot.  I use Chase Plane and somehow set it up that way.  If you get it I can share my settings with you but most are pretty much default.

26 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots of Paris Jack and a nice bit of flying in Paris regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart, glad you enjoyed them.

52 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hello Jack, Ted,

Hi Fred

So I did not fly with Jack through the Eiffel Tower ... he made the picture by himself, but the tool is good as I heard and is also on my shopping list...

(you should always have breakfast afterwards when flying with Jack:-)

Ted

"Negative Ghost Rider, you do NOT have permission to buzz the control tower....or the Eiffel Tower for that matter....or the random sport venues in your path...oh heck, just go buzz everything....".....unanimous French air traffic controller witnessing the 'Sawyer Effect' for the first time. (source: Intl.Flight Safety officials investigating global reports of the Sawyer Effect)

:D:D:D

6 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

"Negative Ghost Rider, you do NOT have permission to buzz the control tower....or the Eiffel Tower for that matter....or the random sport venues in your path...oh heck, just go buzz everything....".....unanimous French air traffic controller witnessing the 'Sawyer Effect' for the first time. (source: Intl.Flight Safety officials investigating global reports of the Sawyer Effect)

:D:D:D

I’m hiking right now Landon and I think I just scared every deer for miles when I laughed out loud!!  Man you have a brilliant way with words!  :lol::lol::lol:

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I’m hiking right now Landon and I think I just scared every deer for miles when I laughed out loud!!  Man you have a brilliant way with words!  :lol::lol::lol:

Jack, I am happy to have made you chuckle....sorry if I caused a disturbance for the wildlife though :D I always appreciate the nice comments from you Jack.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Adam, now that would be a cool sight, but how would he keep up with me? :lol:

Impossible!

Only when Jack deploys an inflight tail chute (New Sawyer Effect), the Mirages will be able to catch him up....;-)

Cheers Fred

On 2/5/2018 at 8:28 AM, TedRuby said:

If you like Paris try this scenery:

http://marcoh.gratisim.fr/paris_en.html

Hi again, Ted. I installed the scenery from the above link. It slows my system down to a crawl, so I cannot use it. Also, the secondary autogen add on crashes FSX as soon as I enter the border which the scenery covers a few miles outside of Paris. I had to uninstall that part of it to get the scenery to show up at all. 

Sherm

1 hour ago, shermank said:

Hi again, Ted. I installed the scenery from the above link. It slows my system down to a crawl, so I cannot use it. Also, the secondary autogen add on crashes FSX as soon as I enter the border which the scenery covers a few miles outside of Paris. I had to uninstall that part of it to get the scenery to show up at all. 

Sherm

Hi Sherm

thought you have P3Dv4 - sorry - I'm running the scenery ... but you're right it uses a lot of resources from the pc  and I use a 980TI Evga

nice pic from the Tower in the rain........

Ted

9 minutes ago, TedRuby said:

Hi Sherm

thought you have P3Dv4 - sorry - I'm running the scenery ... but you're right it uses a lot of resources from the pc  and I use a 980TI Evga

nice pic from the Tower in the rain........

Ted

thanks, Ted...yes I am on FSX....my GPU is an Nvidia 760. not OCd....MOBO is an Asus 87Z-A with 8 gigs of ram....not a bad box in its day....and while some scenery pushes FSX beyond its capability, most of the time I am running at 30 fps, fixed...with some slowdowns at crowded airports. But, most of my flying is in and out of smaller fields, so it is otherwise of little consequence.

Thanks for the comment about the picture. I snapped it through the window of our shuttle service to CDG one rainy morning as we were leaving Paris. It is completely uretouched. The tint is from the window of the van...and I got lucky with the timing, raindrops, angle etc. Of all the Paris pictures I have ever taken, that one is my favorite.

Sherm

Archived