Photos of the Airport

Matteo Veneziani

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new projects for the future, and as you know, to do a great work i need more photos as possible of the airport that i will going to do.

My request is this, if you have some photos of a airport ( also small airport/airfield ) taken by you, and you want this airport in your flight simulator, please send the photos to me. I'm open to any possible projects and according to the number of the photos i will choose the airport/s that i will going to do like my future project/projects. ( of course i will choose the airport with the major number of photos )

Also if you don't have at the moment photos of the airport but you could take photos of the airport, contact me and tell me. 

you can send a PM when you want.

Regards, Matteo

2 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Hi Jack,

Note that Matteo asked for photos of the airport, not from the lady.....;-)

Best regards Fred

Yup, I hope it wasn't misunderstood.  She lets me hike through the airport all the time, it's beautiful, all grass and you could easily land a C-130 there.

24 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yup, I hope it wasn't misunderstood.  She lets me hike through the airport all the time, it's beautiful, all grass and you could easily land a C-130 there.

25GA - that's a nice little spot on google earth....

Ted :-)

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool Matteo!  I live right next to 25GA, I know the lady who owns it, it's a small grass strip.  It has her mansion on it and a couple hangars and I can give you all the photos you'd ever want.

Thank you  Jack, from google looks very very small and i don't know if it could be sufficient for a payware product, but if you can take photos also for Chattahoochee Air Park i can think about to do both airport! Let me know for the photos :)

1 minute ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Thank you  Jack, from google looks very very small and i don't know if it could be sufficient for a payware product, but if you can take photos also for Chattahoochee Air Park i can think about to do both airport! Let me know for the photos :)

Thanks Matteo, I'd have too drive there and ask permission first.  

Yeah, that one is small too.  I drive past it all the time, it's right across the highway.  I see Cubs and Cherokees there all the time!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for the offer Matteo.

I have some photos of my local airport YSHT, Shepparton in Victoria. 

Unfortunately they are old but no doubt I would be able to get all the up to date photos you require.

Thank you!, if you can take new photos of the airport, for sure i will take this aiport as a valid option. I will contact you with PM if i will be interested to do this airport :)

50 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

A good idea, Matteo. I'll drop you some pictures of Launceston, as it has been massively upgraded from the version that is depicted currently in FTX. Maybe there are some others here who might join?

Thanks, send me the photos via PM please :) 

Is there anyone on here from New Plymouth or within the Naki.  If so we could work something out with my neighbour who would stand in for me. Reading Matteo's reply to Jack I think Stratford/Hawera would be too small.

Thank you Matteo, a wonderful Idea for a very talented dev like you.

Jim.

5 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Thank you!, if you can take new photos of the airport, for sure i will take this aiport as a valid option. I will contact you with PM if i will be interested to do this airport :)

OK Matteo, I shall get some new photos to you.:)

7 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Is there anyone on here from New Plymouth or within the Naki.  If so we could work something out with my neighbour who would stand in for me. Reading Matteo's reply to Jack I think Stratford/Hawera would be too small.

Thank you Matteo, a wonderful Idea for a very talented dev like you.

Jim.

Thank you! Looking Hawera airport from google, it looks the minimum possible size to do. So if you are able to take photos of the airport i think i could do it! ( if you are interested send me a PM, we can discuss better about it) in NZ there are very good satellite images to use. 

Of course New Plymouth is another great airport to do.

Hi Matteo

Why don't you do an airport around where you live or take a day trip to one that you would like to do? Malpensa and Marco Polo immediately come to mind, but choose one that you would like to do.

8 hours ago, petfy said:

Hi Matteo

Why don't you do an airport around where you live or take a day trip to one that you would like to do? Malpensa and Marco Polo immediately come to mind, but choose one that you would like to do.

Hi Peter,

Malpensa is already did by aerosoft and venice would be a very nice choice but is under expansion so i don't think is the correct time to do. Anyway take photos of these airports is very difficult because they are very big and i don't know if i could obtain a permission, but if i will do italian airport close to my home i will try to ask. Another great airport to do very close to my house ( about 20km ) is Verona airport.

3 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi Peter,

Malpensa is already did by aerosoft and venice would be a very nice choice but is under expansion so i don't think is the correct time to do. Anyway take photos of these airports is very difficult because they are very big and i don't know if i could obtain a permission, but if i will do italian airport close to my home i will try to ask. Another great airport to do very close to my house ( about 20km ) is Verona airport.

Verona has already been done by RFSceneryBuilding with quite acceptable quality.

Actually, the Po plains are already well covered with payware offerings of both Milano airports, Bergamo, Verona, Treviso and Bologna. You could do Ferrara or Modena, but I think this area is already kinda "saturated". Also, the approaches to those airports aren't exacly spectacular.

For northern Italy (and within a weekend trip from Mantova) my two preferences would be Belluno and Elba. I was a couple of times at Belluno. It is a small airfield but with incredible surroundings, the Piave valley in the majestic Dolomiti mountains. Also, not far away from Silvain's Asagio.

An OrbX version of Elba with the Marina di Campo airport is a very personal preference though, as in my childhood I had spent several summer vacations on this Island. The current PR offerings are very meh!....

6 minutes ago, Vora said:

Verona has already been done by RFSceneryBuilding with quite acceptable quality.

Actually, the Po plains are already well covered with payware offerings of both Milano airports, Bergamo, Verona, Treviso and Bologna. You could do Ferrara or Modena, but I think this area is already kinda "saturated". Also, the approaches to those airports aren't exacly spectacular.

For northern Italy (and within a weekend trip from Mantova) my two preferences would be Belluno and Elba. I was a couple of times at Belluno. It is a small airfield but with incredible surroundings, the Piave valley in the majestic Dolomiti mountains. Also, not far away from Silvain's Asagio.

An OrbX version of Elba with the Marina di Campo airport is a very personal preference though, as in my childhood I had spent several summer vacations on this Island. The current PR offerings are very meh!....

I agree with you, Elba and Belluno are fantastic, especially Elba ( Marina di campo ) with very difficult approach and also the airport has some seasonl flight with dash-8 aircraft and let410.

19 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi,

From what i know the airport is closed for the commercial traffic.

I just read about it. From what I gather from their website, it's still open to general (and military) aviation, and there are still chartered flights. But I suggested it because it's very nicely situated and the visual part following the VOR a approach is very interesting :)

I live in the Munich area, but given there is already the FTX region covering the whole of Germany, I don't know if you'd be interested in pictures of airports around here...?

6 hours ago, demio said:

I just read about it. From what I gather from their website, it's still open to general (and military) aviation, and there are still chartered flights. But I suggested it because it's very nicely situated and the visual part following the VOR a approach is very interesting :)

I live in the Munich area, but given there is already the FTX region covering the whole of Germany, I don't know if you'd be interested in pictures of airports around here...?

Hi,

yes i'm interested in all pictures of the airports ( if you have any set of pictures of an airport, send to  me via pm)also if you think you could take photos of an airport/airfield send me a pm. Of course i need very detailed set of pictures to do the project :)

Cheers, Matteo

Archived