Finger Lakes Regional

Bermuda425

I have to hand it to you Erik these are wonderful images.

You will have to knuckle down though and make an index for this wonderful series.

Be forewarned that  thumbnails would be of help.

Of course, going digital has helped.:wacko::wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.1.2018 at 1:11 AM, BradB said:

Cracking cold one's Eric , it must be MIller Time . :ph34r::ph34r::o:P:D

:D Ha, yes, thanks John! But better enjoy them in the pilot's lounge after the flight.

On 2.1.2018 at 2:56 AM, paulb said:

Well done Erik! It looks cold there! Great flight :)

Thanks for checking in on this flight Paul!

On 2.1.2018 at 4:54 AM, VH-KDK said:

I have to hand it to you Erik these are wonderful images.

You will have to knuckle down though and make an index for this wonderful series.

Be forewarned that  thumbnails would be of help.

Of course, going digital has helped.:wacko::wacko:

You have something there Martyn. The development and scanning of my images always takes forever before I can upload them here. :rolleyes:

On 2.1.2018 at 6:59 AM, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Erik regards stewart

Thanks Stewart! One of my favorite flights in a long time even though it was simply a straight line.

On 2.1.2018 at 9:53 AM, lifejogger said:

Super shots!!!!!  Your weather looks very realistic.

Thanks John! I was also impressed what visibility and some Cirrus clouds can do to realism!

On 2.1.2018 at 10:00 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

I always enjoy your shots Erik because I know you're in Perdue and fly for real, so you (unlike me :rolleyes:) adhere to real-world procedures.  Very well done!

Thanks a lot Jack! I haven't flown for real since last summer so this way of flying the sim satisfies my addiction ;) Also, I had GA traffic set at 70% on this flight and it was very realistic concerning the frequency of communications I could hear while transitioning the different airspaces.

On 2.1.2018 at 12:32 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks for coming along on this cross country Iain!

• 1 year later...

I'm brand new to the forum and thinking about getting Orbx for P3d. I came across this thread searching for Finger Lakes Regional (0G7). Thought it would be nice to see what's included in Orbx before purchasing. I'm from the Finger Lakes area and would enjoy being able to fly my home area.

Problem is the screenshots don't load in this post! I can see them in some other posts but not this one. I can view all of the screenshots in the Preview section. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanx folks!!

11 hours ago, GarryS said:

I'm brand new to the forum and thinking about getting Orbx for P3d. I came across this thread searching for Finger Lakes Regional (0G7). Thought it would be nice to see what's included in Orbx before purchasing. I'm from the Finger Lakes area and would enjoy being able to fly my home area.

Problem is the screenshots don't load in this post! I can see them in some other posts but not this one. I can view all of the screenshots in the Preview section. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanx folks!!

Hi Garry and welcome to the ORBX forum!

I can only recommend getting into the fabulous sceneries and community that we have here. The reason the pictures above don't show is that the hosting website unfortunately has ceased to exist. Here are the same picture for you to get an idea of how your home area looks. They are taken with FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX openLC North America and FTX Trees HD installed. The airport scenery comes from the freeware FTX Global airports also available on Orbxdirect.com.

Z39LMff.jpg

Yfb8naZ.jpg

GRhf0Hb.jpg

XhFnyvk.jpg

VX0NgVF.jpg

XRnEzgj.jpg

wK9QMlj.jpg

iX9zrWx.jpg

Ig3e8lm.jpg

UkFfucA.jpg

EPNUzlX.jpg

TnSmWbS.jpg

ZrNpTfX.jpg

odn7tnh.jpg

9YOGfyV.jpg

WoMr1oG.jpg

Bermuda: Thanx so much for the reply!! Those photos are awesome . . . the scenery is almost exact to aerial photos of my area! The scenery for Finger Lakes Regional (OG7), again it's almost exact to what I see when I drive by the actual airport! I think I'm ready to pull the trigger and level up to Orbx!!

I'm assuming that the screenshots are of a flight from around what looks like Syracuse (KSYR) to OG7, including a landing at OG7? I looked at the components you listed above, and if I understand their descriptions, what do ya think of starting off with FTX Global and the freeware FTX Global airports to get a taste of the visuals in the screenshots I saw above, with a plan of OG7 being my home airport. Then adding the others over time? Question: I've read that FTX openLC North America doesn't really cover the North East . . . could I hold off on that component? I hope I'm not bugging ya too much! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

On 1/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, GarryS said:

Bermuda: Thanx so much for the reply!! Those photos are awesome . . . the scenery is almost exact to aerial photos of my area! The scenery for Finger Lakes Regional (OG7), again it's almost exact to what I see when I drive by the actual airport! I think I'm ready to pull the trigger and level up to Orbx!!

I'm assuming that the screenshots are of a flight from around what looks like Syracuse (KSYR) to OG7, including a landing at OG7? I looked at the components you listed above, and if I understand their descriptions, what do ya think of starting off with FTX Global and the freeware FTX Global airports to get a taste of the visuals in the screenshots I saw above, with a plan of OG7 being my home airport. Then adding the others over time? Question: I've read that FTX openLC North America doesn't really cover the North East . . . could I hold off on that component? I hope I'm not bugging ya too much! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Garry!

You're very welcome, I enjoy giving out some advice. It's great to hear from a local like you that the scenery looks realistic. Knowing this makes my simulation experience more realistic and fun. You are exactly right about the area, basically a straight line from Piseco to Finger Lakes Regional. You sure can start of with FTX Global and the freeware FTX Global airports to get a head start and see how the different products enhance your sim. That's how most people here started when the products were just coming out a while ago. Then, when you are ready you can add Vector, which will give you accurate roads, power lines, rivers, lakes etc.. After that, openLC will depict you agriculture where there is agriculture, industry where there is industry, city where... and so on. I do not share the opinion that the north east is not really covered by openLC. I have been simming my way around the continent in the past years from Saskatchewan over Chicago to Maine, down to Florida, west to Texas and now north to New Mexico, and everything looks pretty accurate, at least as accurate as a simulator today can depict it. FTX trees HD, however, and the upcoming BuildingsHD, are not necessarily required, even though they sure do look nice... Let us know if you have more questions... Have a nice day!

Archived