Final shots

dolf8857

Dolf, these FSX shots are already fantastic. It may take some time for you to have all the "necessities" installed in p3d again (I am still in the earlier phase of this process, after about 14 days of work & testing), but you will not regret it.

Many providers offer new versions / installers for free, orbx being the most easy amongst them. Just keep your FSX untouched until you have moved all the orbx stuff. Or even longer, if your HDD doesn´t matter.

48 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

super set of shot Dolf  are you migrating to p3d regards stewart

34 minutes ago, BradB said:

Dolf you always had the best FSX shots around , good luck on your migration to P3D . :):)

Cheers

John

Starting to feel lonely in the FSX rooms, so it's about time to move I thought ;)   Thanks for the comments!

Some nice tips for P3Dv4 setups are allways welcome B)

14 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Dolf, these FSX shots are already fantastic. It may take some time for you to have all the "necessities" installed in p3d again (I am still in the earlier phase of this process, after about 14 days of work & testing), but you will not regret it.

Many providers offer new versions / installers for free, orbx being the most easy amongst them. Just keep your FSX untouched until you have moved all the orbx stuff. Or even longer, if your HDD doesn´t matter.

Thanks Gerold, glad you like them. But I guess I don't have that HD space to run both sims, that's why it took so long before I decided to migrate, will need to buy some of my fave planes again too.

54 minutes ago, dolf8857 said:

But I guess I don't have that HD space to run both sims, that's why it took so long before I decided to migrate, will need to buy some of my fave planes again too.

OK, first move your orbx stuff out of FSX onto a cheap HDD, maybe by using dirlinker.exe. So you save SSD space on your sim location but still have the files at hand, and FTXC can make the transfer into p3d relatively quick.

1 hour ago, dolf8857 said:

Thanks Gerold, glad you like them. But I guess I don't have that HD space to run both sims, that's why it took so long before I decided to migrate, will need to buy some of my fave planes again too.

Here is another way to free up space in your FSX installation, be it permanently or only until p3d fulfills all your needs: 

Iain's posts excepted, I always get a bit worried when I see final shots in someone's title.:o

However there us always a logical explanation as in this case.

Best move I ever made several years ago although (broken record time) I still use FSX on an external HDD with just AUS and OZx  to enjoy my enhanced homeland.

These are wonderful last images Dolf and along with many others I shall be waiting in anticipation for your posts from P3D.

Good luck with the move!:)

Archived