F-4 in Hammerfest

Jack Sawyer

So I installed the update to the F-4, needed to see Hammerfest.  But everything seems blurry.  Could it be my PC?  The speed of the plane?  

This is the first anomaly I've encountered since OF2.

More shots later with the helo.

W6I3uIi.jpg

83BTQQm.jpg

bGSMVPW.jpg

EqO1ivA.jpg

UuqKiuh.jpg

0ewmJ8h.jpg

Barely made it off, full fuel though.  No way I could land there in this plane.

VZuq02U.jpg

2n2gWBm.jpg

zz23LxJ.jpg

qe8kf0m.jpg

VGtm20Z.jpg

Then, bam, CTD.  Ouch!

The flying brick ;)  Exellent shots, buddy. Was that CTD in v4.1? 

I also have the Milviz F4, usually all is good and I don't encounter any blurries. But I haven't changed my one yet to the newest update, which came a few days ago. And seeing what issues you have, I'd better wait

43 minutes ago, dolf8857 said:

Great shots Jack!

Thanks Dolf!

43 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Great shots and takeoff Jack!

Greg

Thanks Greg, almost ran out of runway!

29 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

The flying brick ;)  Exellent shots, buddy. Was that CTD in v4.1? 

I also have the Milviz F4, usually all is good and I don't encounter any blurries. But I haven't changed my one yet to the newest update, which came a few days ago. And seeing what issues you have, I'd better wait

Thanks Bernd, yep, put engines on a brick and you have the F-4. ^_^

I'd wait.  They're trying to figure it out.

Just now, Finni Hansen said:

Are you using the fps-limiter? I did quite some tests at Cosford with a fighter, and as soon as I disabled the framelimiter, things started to get blurry and autogen stopped spawning when flying above ~300kts.

Hi Finni, no frame limiter whatsoever, I have FPS set to unlimited and don't use FSUIPC or any other applications like that.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Finni, no frame limiter whatsoever, I have FPS set to unlimited and don't use FSUIPC or any other applications like that.

1 hour ago, Finni Hansen said:

You could try and do a test with the fps limited to 20/30 or something, and see how your results are when flying fast :)

Do not forget to limit the FPS in your graphics card also. It does not make sense if the GPU works as hell and you have set a limit in the application (I have set both to 30 FPS and do not see any eye-disturbing effects).

The F-4 is not really a low&slow plane, she really needs the scenery to be built up fast. Have you tried to pause for some seconds before V-keying? In FSX this helped me getting rid of blurries.

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Do not forget to limit the FPS in your graphics card also. It does not make sense if the GPU works as hell and you have set a limit in the application (I have set both to 30 FPS and do not see any eye-disturbing effects).

The F-4 is not really a low&slow plane, she really needs the scenery to be built up fast. Have you tried to pause for some seconds before V-keying? In FSX this helped me getting rid of blurries.

How do I set it in the graphics card?  I have an NVIDIA GTX980.

I tried that trick with pausing but it idn't help just now.

Thanks Gerold!

59 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I tried that trick with pausing but it idn't help just now.

... in that case the blurries are probably not caused by the fast plane but by some other limitation, I think. Better: I feel, as I´m no expert.

59 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

How do I set it in the graphics card?  I have an NVIDIA GTX980.

Perfect. You can use the NvidiaProfileInspector for this purpose. It can be downloaded together with the unnecessary NvidiaInspector, if you don´t want to google it see the link on page 41 of Rob Ainscough s guide https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/ . Page 42 shows some setting adjustment for antialiasing (which I did not follow), but you just need the 1st item of section 2 (refresh).

20 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hammer down! Those shotz are dynamite!

Thanks Erik!

MilViz sent me two new files so I dunno when the patch to the patch will be released 

But, I have some more shots coming at KATL, KPSP, and elsewhere.  Forgot how fun the F4 is AND Norway.  I made a nice 182 flight in Norway today, shots later...

25 minutes ago, BradB said:

I am well on my way to being hammered and no blurries yet viewing these excellent shots Jack . :blink::o:lol:    Just kidding , I never drink and sim . :lol::D:rolleyes:

Cheers

John

:lol: I LOVE your sense of hunor John!

I’ll occasionally have a small glass of wine and fly but that’s rare.  Don’t want to get liquids near the PC

47 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

... in that case the blurries are probably not caused by the fast plane but by some other limitation, I think. Better: I feel, as I´m no expert.

Perfect. You can use the NvidiaProfileInspector for this purpose. It can be downloaded together with the unnecessary NvidiaInspector, if you don´t want to google it see the link on page 41 of Rob Ainscough s guide https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/ . Page 42 shows some setting adjustment for antialiasing (which I did not follow), but you just need the 1st item of section 2 (refresh).

Thanks Gerold, I’ll have a look when I get home

That is a shame Jack, my Norwegian scenery is also blurry at times.

I don't think the inhabitants are too worried about you not returning with your F-4 though, it looks to be a reasonably peaceful place.:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol: I LOVE your sense of hunor John!

I’ll occasionally have a small glass of wine and fly but that’s rare.  Don’t want to get liquids near the PC

I cover my PC and keyboard for protection as I quite often drool over the magnificent ORBX scenery and planes we are able to see when flying.:o:lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Looks pretty good to me Jack, but then I am not setting in front of your screen.

Thanks John.  I think the speed of the jet might be causing it, or like Gerold said, change settings, or Martyn said his is like that too.  So I dunno.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I finally had a chance to look at this document.

I already have the NVI program.  I used it for P3D 3.4 but never use it for 4.1

Can you perhaps PM me some screenshots of what the settings should be?

I never really understood all these settings.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Something is amuck for sure somewhere along the line Jack, hope you get it ironed out. :)  Nice set anyway! :)

Thanks Adam.  I rebooted the PC and made a flight in a copter and it look okay I think.  Will be posting them in a few minutes.

Archived