Lake Placid

Bermuda425

Hi Folks,

I love where you're flying lately - probably where most of my time in FS is spent... Superb pix once again - you definitely have skills... Hats off to the ORBX Freeware guys for giving us all these wonderful spots to hit...

The pix don't really show it - but it's quite the little bottom of a bowl where Lake Placid sits - surrounded on all sides by mountains - many times it's tough to get into or out of VFR because of the ceilings... A favorite place to visit...

Regards,
Scott

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.12.2017 at 4:32 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

That is so cool Erik!  

Thanks for the first comment here pal :D

On 27.12.2017 at 4:33 PM, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set with a wonderful plane and scenery.:)

Thanks Martyn! It was a thrilling flight for me in this vintage dream.

On 27.12.2017 at 6:00 PM, lifejogger said:

Love that plane and super shots of it and scenery.

Thanks for coming along John! I was amazed of the speed this powerhorse shows in cruise flight, regardless of the MPH speed indicator ;)

On 27.12.2017 at 6:54 PM, BradB said:

Bone chilling , stupefying shots Eric ;  In a place that as American's we all remember :

Cheers

John

Thanks so much for this video John! Hope you didn't get to cold here :smile: I'm a huge hockey fan so you hit the spot with your post!

On 28.12.2017 at 1:50 AM, stewart1 said:

super set of shots Eric well done my friend regards stewart

Hey Stewart, thanks a lot for looking at my winter shots!

On 28.12.2017 at 2:42 AM, dolf8857 said:

Still a great bird to fly with, exellent shots too!

Thanks for looking Dolf! It's a worthy simulation of this classic icon of aviation, and freeware!

On 28.12.2017 at 3:07 AM, paulb said:

Super shots Erik! :). I like your airplane.

Thanks for checking in Paul! I'm so glad we have a simulation of it, and freeware too! There are many liveries included in the package too.

On 28.12.2017 at 6:59 AM, Stillwater said:

Olympic shots here, Eric!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Heiden 

Haha :lol: Thanks Gerold, yes there are some similarities between us fellows here!

On 28.12.2017 at 7:16 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I love where you're flying lately - probably where most of my time in FS is spent... Superb pix once again - you definitely have skills... Hats off to the ORBX Freeware guys for giving us all these wonderful spots to hit...

The pix don't really show it - but it's quite the little bottom of a bowl where Lake Placid sits - surrounded on all sides by mountains - many times it's tough to get into or out of VFR because of the ceilings... A favorite place to visit...

Regards,
Scott

Hi there Scott! Thanks a lot to your checking out the post! You have a lot of local experience in the area so I always enjoy your colorful comments. The freeware airports sure are super fine and the reason for getting to know many popular airports around the country. Gee, this airports sounds challenging as you describe it. Definitely somethings different than what I'm use to here in the Hoosier State.

On 28.12.2017 at 7:24 AM, RichardLouis said:

I like ! A very nice set.

Thanks for looking Richard! Glad you liked it!

On 28.12.2017 at 8:05 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

John, I grew up in the same town as Mike Eruzione.  I remember it well.  

Astounding Jack! What neat things I ge to know here in the community!

On 29.12.2017 at 9:23 AM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots these. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks a lot Iain! Glad you checked the post out and liked the pics! Enjoy your weekend.

Archived