Norwegian valleys

Jack Sawyer

So I decided to for from ENSG, Sogndal to ENBM, Bomoen, which turned out to be a military base.

And despite my intentions to make this a direct to GPS flight I took a diversion when I saw an interesting valley.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a little town in the valley.

nCKKEuc.jpg

qZpAeKf.jpg

XvjmrFQ.jpg

r7lVMoO.jpg

vEwTGuy.jpg

9UR6Zfc.jpg

FaglePk.jpg

1id737j.jpg

wow06lR.jpg

ERobfLl.jpg

g3kCqHz.jpg

YYNy23y.jpg

2JxPcwo.jpg

eJgzzWw.jpg

OGedu4F.jpg

GMPW6IU.jpg

DSUbIoJ.jpg

2qqtcoh.jpg

sRt1i6C.jpg

oW7HyVF.jpg

97EzdTi.jpg

zXvsCnx.jpg

V5dEGYs.jpg

KktlSeH.jpg

Great shots (your sim seems to work really well!) and a great flight, Jack. Sure you picked a happy & correct-colored livery.

Slightly steep final, but Bernd has already found the perfect analogy for it.

46 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I see that you do the same kind of landing that I picked up from this expert

:D

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of shots Jack I enjoyed your flight regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight and series of shots Jack! :). I always enjoy visiting Norway.

Thank you kindly Paul, I hope you're well now, you mentioned you were under the weather recently.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic flight in the valleys Jack.

The scenery is magnificent as is the colours on your Comanche with just enough blue to satisfy me!:)

Thanks Martyn! 

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great flying, Jack and  a beautiful scenery indeed. I see that you do the same kind of landing that I picked up from this expert: :D

Thanks Bernd! :lol:  When I came out of that valley I had to dive like that to land, I should have circled but I had "Get-on-the-ground-itis".

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots (your sim seems to work really well!) and a great flight, Jack. Sure you picked a happy & correct-colored livery.

Slightly steep final, but Bernd has already found the perfect analogy for it.

:D

Thanks Gerold!  My tired old PC with everything maxed except textures resolution which is at 2048 surprises even me!  I wasn't sure if a D livery would be correct in Norway, glad it is.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Wonderful shots Jack , your title reminds me of a old song sung by Glen Campbell RIP :

Thanks John, yeah, good song, I remember watching his TV show when I was a kid.

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Absolutely beautiful screenshots Jack!!!!!   Was there a cross wind on the landing?  You were a little left of the center.

Thanks John, yes indeed, I had a crosswind.  Amazing how the sim simulates this.  I was in too much of a rush to land, I really should have gone around but I had real-life stuff that needed doing.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thank you kindly Paul, I hope you're well now, you mentioned you were under the weather recently.

Thanks Jack, Still under the weather unfortunately. Doctors yesterday and hospital today.

Archived