England tour continues

Jack Sawyer

As requested by @jjaycee1 I flew from EGBS, Shobdon to EGHA, Compton Abbas.  At Compton I saw the dreaded hole in the ground but after searching I found Nick's .bgl.Off trick so I'm going to test it out.  Also, I didn't know there was a problem at Popham so I go there after that.

Anyway, a dreary fall, close-to-winter UK day and it was very rainy and windy.

3sUFwrx.jpg

ubwPKXk.jpg

xxOk9Up.jpg

Z71B60L.jpg

Tm9vswM.jpg

U10eyD5.jpg

nRO7yDM.jpg

LBKKdeb.jpg

GMGJmtv.jpg

PYR6Tme.jpg

f7ZaH58.jpg

U2SBYC4.jpg

j3AQLDT.jpg

cgVILhf.jpg

6dZ1vuQ.jpg

FC0a2co.jpg

Vjif2mo.jpg

nrxraz7.jpg

31v6E0l.jpg

zQTZxEj.jpg

0RSnW6I.jpg

wEzeWFA.jpg

GphJuX2.jpg

AlMmus7.jpg

Hi Jack. Check out Lee on the Solent airfield. That was my local airport used by the navy until it closed and now used by a flying club and gliding club and local businesses. We used to live on the north side, we had a football sized green in front of us, great for the kids to play on and then the airfield. All so great every year for air shows. We used to watch upstairs as we had windows that opened right up. As they say happy days. Derek.

2 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Jack. Check out Lee on the Solent airfield. That was my local airport used by the navy until it closed and now used by a flying club and gliding club and local businesses. We used to live on the north side, we had a football sized green in front of us, great for the kids to play on and then the airfield. All so great every year for air shows. We used to watch upstairs as we had windows that opened right up. As they say happy days. Derek.

Thanks Derek, I'll bet it was a blast!  Yes, I miss happy days like that.  Today's reality is too lousy.

43 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Jack,

An inverted yellow 310 Songbird, what would Sky King have said?

Greg

Hi Greg, what would they have said?  They would have said well done, you're channeling you inner Bob Hoover!  :D

7 minutes ago, Senchay said:

Amazing :-) Really nice ones ^^

Thanks Senchay!

5 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Jack

Just remember, Bob used to shut the engines down then do rolls in his Shrike. Have you tried that yet?

Greg

Not yet Greg but don't gimme any ideas! :lol:  I might try it in a 747.  A good friend of mine in the UK is a real 737 pilot instructor and as part of his final testing recently he had to shut down both engines at altitude and dead stick it into LOWI.  Real life stuff.  He passed, he said he never knew how easy it was to do in a real simulator.

11 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots and great flight, Sky King and Penney would be proud....:D  Also great views of the scenery,

Thanks John, I never would have known who Penney was unless John put that video up.  Before my time but looks like a fun TV show.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some very English late Autumn weather in your images Jack.

Quite different from the last time I was at Compton Abbas in RL, whichwas on a very beautiful (hot for England 25°c) summers day.

Thanks Martyn, I made another flight but changed the season to summer.  Orbx models season too well!  This time of year there's few leaves on the trees and not much green.  But still great scenery.

5 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Thanks jack. It was great to see you and sorry about the weather. After you left EGBS all the flyers were asking me who that nutter was in the yellow plane:D

Thanks JJ!  That nutter was little ol' me!  :lol:

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Jack! :). Typical weather for this time of year in your shots. Dark and raining here as I type!

Thanks Paul, we're getting rain now, two days so far and cold, they predict some snow but for the mountains so disappointed yet again.  Rats!

4 hours ago, mikee said:

Great Shots Jack , I like the repaint a lot :rolleyes:

Thanks Mike, I like the three Songbird liveries.

3 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Jack and a yellow aircraft no wonder you went inverted that must of put you in a good mood my friend regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, it did indeed, JJ asked me to do it in a different post so I obliged.  :P

Archived