Try out.

VH-KDK

Another small batch of aircraft has been released with V4 installers.

Although I am not a great fan of the Cessna 208 but I still brought it as the price was right and that one is now V4 compliant.

However I do like the Cessna 185 a true bush aircraft.

This one is getting a very short workout at Bowerman to make sure everything is up to scratch.

1.bb1.jpg

2.bb2.jpg

3.bb3.jpg

4.bb4.jpg

Everything is well, all I need now is a cure for the dreaded Mothists.

I will have a go in the Caravan sometime soon.

Oh and a big thanks to those devs who regularly update their products for us at no cost.

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Another small batch of aircraft has been released with V4 installers.

Good news, mate, and also good looking, our beloved & trusty 185.

So, how do you install planes into v4 - only after downloading new, official installers?

26 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

So, how do you install planes into v4 - only after downloading new, official installers?

+1 - Hey Gerold , just look for the P3DV4 installer's where you originally purchased your planes . The Alabeo and Carenado AC will come with three choices : FSX - Steam - P3D . The rest of the vendor's are similar also .

John

49 minutes ago, BradB said:

+1 - Hey Gerold , just look for the P3DV4 installer's where you originally purchased your planes . The Alabeo and Carenado AC will come with three choices : FSX - Steam - P3D . The rest of the vendor's are similar also .

John

Thanks John. Sounds like quite some downloading work for me in the next weeks. If all vendors would be as great as the host of this forum...

And I do not have lots of time in the next weeks... Need Xmas holiday, probably :blink:...

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Cheers Gerold.

This one does have the official installer but a few others I have installed them into a dummy folder and then manually installed them into the appropriate P3DV4.0 folders.

I have also had some luck with some freeware but there are others that don't work.:)

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! :) Another C185 post! I am behind the game on this one :unsure::D

Thanks Paul, you have been busy in other quarters. I have a heap of stuff to install with official installers as well as heaps of airports both ORBX and others.:)

4 hours ago, BradB said:

John

I have been getting emails from FSS and Simmarket regarding the new versions.

I do get so peed off when the description only says P3D when I look to see an add ons compatibility.:angry:

2 hours ago, renault said:

I like these very much Martyn! If you hadn't slipped the text in at the top of the screen I wouldn't realize that these were screenshots. You are making it very difficult for me to not make the big move to P3D:o

Cheers

Renault

Cheers Renault. I am glad I moved several years ago but one thing to consider is will all of your planes etc work in V4 or is that not a problem for you.:unsure:

I still run FSX though for some of the stuff that is not P3D compliant.

16 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I have been getting emails from FSS and Simmarket regarding the new versions.

I do get so peed off when the description only says P3D when I look to see an add ons compatibility.:angry:

I do not get these emails, but I have all the bills filed. That means months of work, and always keeping the fingers crossed P3D means v4... :blink:

36 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I do not get these emails, but I have all the bills filed. That means months of work, and always keeping the fingers crossed P3D means v4... :blink:

I also regularly go on the JF site as they list add ons by the sim version so it is easy to see if some of the add ons I have are now  V4 compatible.

It is a hard job trying to find out which ones have been updated.

Another reason why ORBX is top of the pile.:D

Archived