KBLU rain effects

Jack Sawyer

There was an update today for the Angry Puppy and I guess it included the new rain effects so I was curious, I loaded up the 717 at KBLU after landing there as it was raining and I was very surprised to see rain running down the windscreen like it would in reality.  Very nice.

Will post my shots of going to KBLU later but it was harrowing.

eDHkdA7.jpg

zj8JJpr.jpg

CCe4dCu.jpg

34 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Adds yet another dimension of realism Jack.^_^

No good for me though as it never rains where I live:lol:

Thanks Martyn I can't wait to fly it in the rain but this CDU needs a lot of learning on my part.

Been dry as a bone here too, drought all summer and fall.

22 minutes ago, paulb said:

Excellent Jack! Well spotted :).

I must go and have a look on the site.

Thanks Paul!  Sine you have it all ya gotta do is run the configurator app and it'll download for free.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn I can't wait to fly it in the rain but this CDU needs a lot of learning on my part.

Been dry as a bone here too, drought all summer and fall.

Thanks Paul!  Sine you have it all ya gotta do is run the configurator app and it'll download for free.

Thank Jack! :)  Getting late here now, so I will download it tomorrow.

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Look's like real time WX at KBLU , anyway six inches on the ground with six more inches coming tomorrow here . :ph34r::o:angry::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  But here?  It'll be almost 90 next week.  Absolute weirdest weather I have ever seen in 28 years of living here.  I would LOVE snow, it's been seven years since I saw snow here.  I miss it a lot growing up in New England and then living in Idaho.  I'd give away my new Vette to move back to Idaho but I'm stuck here for medical reasons.  :(

2 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack - is that P3D v4?

I looked at the 717 site & it only went to P3D v3.

TTM

All I'm running is P3D4.1 TTM, so today when I ran the configurator for it to load fuel, there were some updates, so I updated it and then there was the new rain effects thing and sure enough, it looks exactly like their video so it's very cool.

Oh, I don't know if this makes a difference but I'm in the beta opt-in program.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

All I'm running is P3D4.1 TTM, so today when I ran the configurator for it to load fuel, there were some updates, so I updated it and then there was the new rain effects thing and sure enough, it looks exactly like their video so it's very cool.

What do you think of the 717  - appearance, flight performance etc?

TTM

1 minute ago, TigerTigerM said:

What do you think of the 717  - appearance, flight performance etc?

TTM

I love it, it's not 100% "study" level but it's very close, close enough for me and a challenge to learn.  McDonnell Douglas created a much different CDU than Boeing despite it being a "Boeing" product.  When I was in school they kept telling us the airlines wanted all the cockpits to be standardized so it would be easier for a pilot to transition.  So it was a surprise to me when we got the 717 to see that Boeing didn't retrofit the CDU.  But yeah, I like it a lot.  Appearance outside is 100%, inside I'd say MilViz level because they have a lot of knobs with those jablonky squarish rings and not 100% round but that didn't stop me from buying it.  Performance?  haven't flown it enough yet.  But overall I'd say it's like any Orbx product, a must have.

I really wanted it for Orbx city pairs where I can make short hops and not need a lot of runway, those flights will be soon as I'm still going through all my Orbx airports one by one.

2 minutes ago, Mickel said:

If there is a Qantas Link livery, Canberra to Melbourne, Cairns, Brisbane, Sydney & Adelaide.  Some of those are shorter than others.  Four of them are Orbx airports.

There sure is Mickel and it's beautiful.  Coincidence!  I saw a Jordan King YT and he uses QL to flly to an Orbx city pair so I'm going to try it as soon as I get the chance.

59 minutes ago, adambar said:

The rain effects look great Jack, I wish all the planes had it! :)

I do too.  I think but am not sure that this is some kind of new product that developers can add to planes?  Not really up on it.  I just like the effects.  I love the rain and icing effects on my old original L-39 Albatross, I still have it in 4.1, it's a favorite and pretty advanced stuff for its time.

5 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

The rain looks fantastic but what is the Angry Puppy?

Thanks John, sorry I didn't mention that, this is TFDi's 717.  I guess they call it the Angry Puppy because it's the successor to and smaller than the MD-88, Mad Dog.  Angry Puppy.  I like it, it's cute.

Archived