New toy - DHC-3 Otter

adambar

Your last one reminded me of old Hank Rust who formed Rust Airways at Lake Hood.  There used to be a separate tower for Lake Hood traffic but when the new Anchorage tower was built in '78, service for Lake Hood became just another position in the new tower cab.  From then on we received a six monthly harangue from Hank on how badly the service had deteriorated.  His family runs the show now and a real class act it is but I'll always remember conversations with Hank.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

She looks great Adam , on my wish list for sure . :):)

Cheers

John

Love it John, it's keeper. :)

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

What a splendid plane Adam with a beautiful array of liveries.:)

JF did a great job on this one Martyn. :)

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Your last one reminded me of old Hank Rust who formed Rust Airways at Lake Hood.  There used to be a separate tower for Lake Hood traffic but when the new Anchorage tower was built in '78, service for Lake Hood became just another position in the new tower cab.  From then on we received a six monthly harangue from Hank on how badly the service had deteriorated.  His family runs the show now and a real class act it is but I'll always remember conversations with Hank.

Wow, thats some interesting bit of info OD, thanks. :)

1 hour ago, fltsimguy said:

Very nice shots....I also got this plane today, mostly like it, see some things that I think need modifications.

Thank you much. :)

50 minutes ago, paulb said:

Excellent shots there Adam! Some are getting into photoreal territory. :)

How do you find this one compared with Milviz?

Personally, I like the JF DHC-3 better Paul in the short amount of time i've had it. :)

One more shot for ya.

jfotter9.jpg

Hi Adam,

That plane looks like a beast and a half - superb...

Yeah - while I have no real world experience - the MilViz Beaver doesn't even feel like a tail dragger - the back end seems likes it's on rails as opposed to having a pivoting tail wheel... Even the massive DC3 swings it's rear end around - again - the Beaver model might be prototypical - but just doesn't feel right...

Regards,

Scott

Incredibly detailed Orbx shots Adam.  And this is a beautiful plane, I didn't know two different developers were making it, JF and MilViz?  I have the MilViz one,  Is one better than the other?  If so why in your opinion?

But the Orbx detail, that's what I always look for, they make all their scenery look so inviting and life-like.

17 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Adam,

That plane looks like a beast and a half - superb...

Yeah - while I have no real world experience - the MilViz Beaver doesn't even feel like a tail dragger - the back end seems likes it's on rails as opposed to having a pivoting tail wheel... Even the massive DC3 swings it's rear end around - again - the Beaver model might be prototypical - but just doesn't feel right...

Regards,

Scott

Scott it seems like I always have some kind of problem with Milviz and A2A planes, I really don't fly them very much.

Love the JF Otter much better than the MV model, fly's and handles great besides looking good, Aeroplane Heaven did a great job on her!

Thank you Scott. :)

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Incredibly detailed Orbx shots Adam.  And this is a beautiful plane, I didn't know two different developers were making it, JF and MilViz?  I have the MilViz one,  Is one better than the other?  If so why in your opinion?

But the Orbx detail, that's what I always look for, they make all their scenery look so inviting and life-like.

This is a DHC-3 Otter Jack, much bigger plane than the Milviz DHC-2 Beaver, so they are quite different. Like I told Scott, it handles much better than the MV Beaver and has much better looking liveries in my opinion. The model was done by Aeroplane Heaven by the way, they always do a super job with there planes as you probably know.

Thanks Jack. :)

10 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Superb.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain. :)

10 hours ago, mp1852 said:

Great shots here Adam, and a beast of a plane!

Thank you Marcus. :)

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Lovely shot Adam, great job of showing of the plane and the scenery.

Thanks John, appreciate it. :)

Archived