Stuttgart to Degerfeld

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4 - All Orbx - Changed REX settings and PTA then in the last shot over KATL modified the settings in PTA.  Finally learning how to use PTA.

Cloud shadows too dark in Germany so I changed it.  This is all a combination of Adambar's settings.  His REX sky colors, the PTAbosolute which I modified.

0sa6xbE.jpg

yr4xe3M.jpg

c9pZB3A.jpg

CN8G8m3.jpg

WVWn687.jpg

nF5iHhn.jpg

HAqnBVI.jpg

yMkELrX.jpg

Germany sure is pretty in the autumn though!

4dtkLi7.jpg

WWSvNVQ.jpg

rGbM6jx.jpg

Z5YWf77.jpg

a0mFPDz.jpg

PJhohYY.jpg

y1orhXp.jpg

Modified PTA here in Atlanta

hqo5m9T.jpg

38 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

28 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

That was a fantastic flight, Jack, and you got the right plane for low and slow 

Thanks Bernd.  Germany is another amazing offering from Orbx.  I really like it.

16 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Very nice shots Jack. But the cops are looking for a Cessna that flew underneath an overpass:D

Thanks Karl!  They’ll have to catch me first! :)

1 hour ago, paulb said:

That looks like you had a great flight Jack! :) Low and slow and ducking under bridges! :D

Thanks Paul, it was, it was very fun!

1 hour ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Jack I was under the impression when I see you going under bridges I thought the next shot you where going to go inverted .

Well you know in Germany it is against the law to go under road bridges very big fine regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, it was but like I said, they have to catch me first! :)  And I would have gone inverted if it was a yellow plane.

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cheers Jack :). I haven't purchase Germany S yet as apparently there is a conflict with the payware Zurich airport that I only purchased a week or so ago. The developer has been informed, so I will see what happens.

Out of interest are any of the military airbases covered well?  I guess that GS would cover Ramstein AB as well as some of the German AF bases.

Beautiful set Jack, great scenery and another winner from ORBX.

Heaps of bridges for you to fly under.

10 minutes ago, paulb said:

Out of interest are any of the military airbases covered well?  I guess that GS would cover Ramstein AB as well as some of the German AF bases.

Paul, they showed Ramstein in some of the preview shots, which was well covered, and after the way the bases were done in GEN I would think that GEN would be no different.:)

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Cheers Jack :). I haven't purchase Germany S yet as apparently there is a conflict with the payware Zurich airport that I only purchased a week or so ago. The developer has been informed, so I will see what happens.

Dunno Paul, I think Martyn would know more as I'd have to look.  Think I'll do that in a few minutes.

44 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set Jack, great scenery and another winner from ORBX.

Heaps of bridges for you to fly under.

Paul, they showed Ramstein in some of the preview shots, which was well covered, and after the way the bases were done in GEN I would think that GEN would be no different.:)

Thanks Martyn!  I agree, not a bad one in the bunch so far that I've bought.  And I've seen that, a lot of cool bridges, towers, windmills, you name it ti's there.  And castles, I found quite a few and some not at all.  Gonna post them soon.

12 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Jack, up to your old tricks again, now in Deutschland...it looks like you have nailed down some good PTA settings for these captures.

Thanks Landon!  Yep, can't keep an old dog down.  I like these settings too, I tweaked them a little and now I'm quite happy.  Screens to be posted soon.

23 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Stewart, it was but like I said, they have to catch me first! :)  And I would have gone inverted if it was a yellow plane.

Very nice low and slow one, Jack. To go that low in Germany like flying under the bridges, it is important to stay low as long as possible, so ATC may not trace you on the radar.... and squawk standby... :)

2 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Very nice low and slow one, Jack. To go that low in Germany like flying under the bridges, it is important to stay low as long as possible, so ATC may not trace you on the radar.... and squawk standby... :)

Thanks Turboarrow, I was channeling my inner Mathias Rust:ph34r:

9 hours ago, BradB said:

Jack these really are : GREAT !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John!

1 hour ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Hehe, but a long way to the Moscow...

Indeed Thorsten, I might like to recreate his epic flight someday.  I remember it well and couldn't believe he actually did it!

5 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Same here, this guy did something incredible.

I'll bet it couldn't be done today though, but it was cool that he had the guts to do it back then.  

Just looked at a Wiki.  He was 18, had only 50 hours, and before he went to Moscow he flew over all that open water to Keflavik.  That's one heck of a lot of open water in a single engine plane over some of the worst ocean in the world!  

What an amazing story.

Archived