London at dawn

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Remarkable shots Mr. Sawyer !! .

Cheers

John

Thank you Mr. Bowen!  I have to say, compared to some of my other shots I really liked these myself.  Starting at dawn seems to be quite a thing lately and I want to do more of it.  

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Looking quite stunning Jack, especially that last one. Very nice!

Thanks Landon!  It takes a while to get used to no PTA, might have to go back to it but it was too bluish.  Such a fickle thing a sim is ain't it?

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Landon!  It takes a while to get used to no PTA, might have to go back to it but it was too bluish.  Such a fickle thing a sim is ain't it?

Well yes, but I have not been using PTA for P3Dv4...I did use it in P3D v3, but that has been many months ago.

1 minute ago, Sniper31 said:

Well yes, but I have not been using PTA for P3Dv4...I did use it in P3D v3, but that has been many months ago.

What do you use?  REX, ENVTEX?  Or just default but with HDR?

Did I already ask?  I ask everyone.  :blink:

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

What do you use?  REX, ENVTEX?  Or just default but with HDR?

Did I already ask?  I ask everyone.  :blink:

No, you have not asked me until now Jack. I use REX HD, and then the default HDR in P3D with Iain Emms settings. 

7 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Must be something I ate but it appears your headed westbound and the sun is rising over that way.

Could have been dusk OnD, can't remember now.  Not knowing London's headings too well, it's been decades I don't know where north or south is, so it may be dusk.

3 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Jack, you have a nice series of shots, great looking skies!

Thanks Mike.

8 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

One of the best times of day to fly other than dusk.....nice set Jack. 

Thanks John, I can't remember if this was dawn or dusk now.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Your shots look great without PTA Jack, great job! :)

Thanks Adam, it's a real poser for me, to PTA or not to PTA, that is the question.  I like PTA but sometimes, depending on the time of day everything seem too blue.

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots and at Dawn it looks really fantastic like I said Jack I think Dawn makes very nice screen shots well done my friend regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart, you inspired me to do it with your dawn to day flights.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and  some excellent flying to be had at the change of day.

Thanks Martyn!  It's amazing what a simple change of time will do to all of the scenery, the sky, shadows and light play so differently.

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! Looks like you are using London City airport there. Dawn is a great time to fly :).

Thanks Paul, yup, EGLC, London City, one of my all-time favorite airports in the world.

8 minutes ago, RetiredFE said:

Could someone please explain the HDR settings?  Never heard of that before.  

Hi RetiredFE, the HDR settings are in the Lighting section of P3D.  You have three, I'm not at the sim now but they'e Brightness, Saturation, and I think Bloom.  There's probably a number of combinations since there are three and they each have a number when you move the slider, a factorial would give it, but I reckon it's close to infinity.  :D

Anyway, they control the lighting in the sim.  You can run P3D without HDR being ticked too.  And with PTA you have an unlimited color palette to choose from.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Adam, it's a real poser for me, to PTA or not to PTA, that is the question.  I like PTA but sometimes, depending on the time of day everything seem too blue.

That suits me Jack, can't get enough blue.:wacko::huh::lol:

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi RetiredFE, the HDR settings are in the Lighting section of P3D.  You have three, I'm not at the sim now but they'e Brightness, Saturation, and I think Bloom.  There's probably a number of combinations since there are three and they each have a number when you move the slider, a factorial would give it, but I reckon it's close to infinity.  :D

Anyway, they control the lighting in the sim.  You can run P3D without HDR being ticked too.  And with PTA you have an unlimited color palette to choose from.

Thanks Jack.  Appreciate it.

Archived