Still Finger Lakin good.

VH-KDK

The second part of my excursion over the Finger Lakes of New York State.

OLC NA, FTX Trees, Vector, P3DV4, Alabeo Saratoga, REX TD EE, PTA Adams 2.5 REX version.

14.fh1.jpg

KPEO is just on the left with both forks of the Y shaped Keuka Lake. It is also known as Crooked Lake because of it's shape and not it's inhabitants.

15.fh2.jpg

Now at Canandaigua Lake

16.fh3.jpg

At Bristol Harbour on Canandaigua Lake with the town of the same name hidden under the returning low cloud.

17.fh4.jpg

Now approaching Honeoye at the head of Honeoye Lake.

18.fh5.jpg

Looking down Honeoye with the glacial valleys beyond.

19fh6.jpg

Three lakes in one shot, Honeoye, Canadice and Hemlock.

20fh7.jpg

Canadice and the larger Hemlock Lakes.

21.fh8.jpg

22.fh9.jpg

Conesus Lake and the aptly named town of Lakeville on the right.

23.fh10.jpg

Descending after passing Conesus Lake and over Hwy 390 Genesee Expressway.

24fh11.jpg

Coming into land at Geneseo D52 which is also home of the State University of New York.

25.fh12.jpg

About to decant our ride at Geneseo.

Hope you enjoyed the tour over the Finger Lakes.

8 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! :). Great shots.

I learn more about Geography every day coming here. Were you perhaps a teacher in this life or in a previous one? ;):D

Thanks for commenting Paul. History, geography, English and art were my strongest subjects at school and I have always enjoyed looking at maps. Also I visited this area in 1958.

Never been a teacher and I hate to think what I may have been in a previous life.:o:ph34r::unsure:

41 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What a beautiful area and set of shots Martyn!  I love how the lakes are between those glacial valleys, it looks so inviting.

Cheers Jack, I am very pleased with V4 especially the quality of the scenery back to the horizon. Just done some FSX flying tonight and the difference is astounding.

The water looks so nice but everywhere seems to be having trouble in one way or another. I cannot believe just how bad some of the bays and estuaries are around various coastal places I have flown to recently.:(

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I put a finger up for these fantastic shots, Martyn, great light and details.

And it will not be a finger with a higher number than #1.

Thanks Gerold, I must say I am worried about which finger and the manner in which it is raised:o:unsure::lol:

8 hours ago, BradB said:

You cooked up some real home cooking Martyn in these fabulous shots . Even the Colonel would be proud :

Cheers

John

Thanks John and what an interesting video. We have all seen The Colonel in our travels but to actually see and hear him is amazing.

Archived