M*E*S*H 4077

VH-KDK

Well it seems like it has taken 4077 hours to finally install my new Pilots Mesh. The download didn't go well and problems when installing so I finally brought the 19 dvds which took all evening to install.

So I have gone to one of the most mountainous regions on the planet to see how the mesh works.

OLC EU, FTX Vectors, FTX Trees, P3DV4, Flysimware Bell 47, REX TD EE, Pilots Global Ultimate NG FTX.

1.ma1.jpg

Setting off from EHKD,De Kooy Naval Base in Holland. It is nearly 500km from Winchester.

2.ma2.jpg

The Balgzandkannal at De Kooy. There must be plenty of Beaver with all this water, should have brought Trapper John.

3.ma3.jpg

At Van Ewijksluis. All this land was under water until 1846. Luckily the cloud cover on this summers day will stop me getting Major Burns.

4.ma4.jpg

After passing Hippolytushoef (these names are as good as the German ones, love it!) we get to Den Oever. You don't need a Hawkeye to spot the beautiful realistic waves an the shores of the Waddenzee.

5.ma5.jpg

Now flying along the A7 which sits on the Afsluitdijk. The Ijsselmeer is on the left and the Waddenzee on the right. It would not be Reverend to mention the waves again. I mentioned the waves once, Polly but I think I got away with it. Oh sorry wrong tv show!

6.ma6.jpg

Afsluitdijk is 32km long 300 metres wide and 7 metres high. Built between 1927-32 it has turned part of the North Sea into land and also the IJsselmeer is now fresh water. What an incredible piece of engineering this is. You don't need Radar to navigate in this water crossing.

7.ma7.jpg

Now at Dronryp with Franeker in the distance, both on the A31 road. Not Farr to go now.

8.ma8.jpg

Nearly at the destination with the small town of Marssum and Leeuwarden in the distance. I was going to shout incoming wounded but as you can see they have fallen off since the first views.

9.ma9.jpg

At EHLW Leeuwarden. Disappointing that Hot Lips in the red dress is not here to greet me. She must have left with Gerold. Curses, foiled again.

10.ma10.jpg

Actually landed where I wanted, cannot believe how my chopper landings have suddenly improved. Also, as you can see, the topography is now much better since I installed the mesh.

11.ma11.jpg

Here is a cap from another flight from Bilbao to Vittoria. Seriously the mesh does a wonderful job, I hope you didn't think it was Fawlty!

Your new mesh looks perfect in these shots, I have seen these places in RL an can tell you that.

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

At EHLW Leeuwarden.

Sorry you stay lonely. The lucky guy got it all.

The pyrenees show what you can expect in the alps or andes, interesting enough...!

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Your new mesh looks perfect in these shots, I have seen these places in RL an can tell you that.

Sorry you stay lonely. The lucky guy got it all.

The pyrenees show what you can expect in the alps or andes, interesting enough...!

Thanks for the feedback Gerold. It is always good to compare the FS and RL experience.:huh:

20 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Dazzling series of caps!

Cheers Erik.

18 minutes ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Well done Martyn. But I was waiting

for Hot Lips. Did she fall off the Bell 47 ?

I will cling,er, to my story.

Anthin.:lol:

Thanks Anthin, Hot Lips decided to go off with Gerold.

Brilliant Martyn!  I had a good laugh while looking at your fabulous mesh that makes Orbx look even better!  Never really watched that TV show though.

Oh, and I STILL can't see where that number is, like the 44444.  I can't find it anywhere, can you take a screenshot of it and send it to me?  I'm utterly baffled by this.

Thanks Jack, glad you laughed, I think you need it today.

MASH is still one of the best comedy shows ever made which I enjoy watching.

OK. Go to the main Forums menu and open the Community screenshots.

Under the word "Community Screenshots" you will see a blue bar with the present number of topics in the forum which is now 44465.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Jack, glad you laughed, I think you need it today.

MASH is still one of the best comedy shows ever made which I enjoy watching.

OK. Go to the main Forums menu and open the Community screenshots.

Under the word "Community Screenshots" you will see a blue bar with the present number of topics in the forum which is now 44465.

This is all I see, the page count but not other number.

7HA3FBa.png

6 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL Martyn! :lol:. Your posts get better every time! It brought a smile to my face. Now, should I buy that mesh................;)

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your comment and I am glad I brought a smile to your face.

6 hours ago, fly37 said:

Look all so real... wow very well!

Thanks Mr Fly.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is all I see, the page count but not other number.

7HA3FBa.png

You have got it Jack. When I made the post it was 44443 and mine made it 44444 but now with others posting it is 44469. The number will keep going up as people add more posts just like out own individual posts and likes next to our avatar.

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Martyn, this was a creative and humorous posting of screenshots. Very nice views of Orbx OpenLC EU, and also that vintage M.A.S.H. helicopter.

Thanks Mr Sniper, glad you liked the post.

4 hours ago, olderndirt said:

That show was a winner but lost a lot when Trapper and Col. Blake left.  Frank's departure was the final straw.  How'd that 'Tomahawk' get in there?

Actually I didn't mind the changes too much as I found the new people added something different to the show. I don't like it when new actors in a show are made to be the ones they have replaced.

With the PA-38 I thought I had better show what the mesh looked like in a mountainous area as Holland is a little bit flattish. The Tomahawk was from a different flight.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Spectacular shots Martyn , what mesh did you upgrade from ?? .

Cheers

John

Thanks John. This is the first mesh I have used for P3Dv4 apart from the freeware mesh for SA. I decided to use the Pilots Mesh for SA as I had paid for it.

Many thanks for your great comments which are so welcomed. Hope you enjoyed reading the post as much as I did composing it.

11 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Wonderful set of screen shots Martyn and you cant beet that mesh I have it regards stewart 

Cheers Stewart, it is a great addition but what a palaver installing it. I made things much worse with my limited computer skills but it is a huge install. Anyway it has been well worth it and I am happy I persevered. 

Archived