London POI's

Jack Sawyer

So I updated FTX's England today and wanted to see some of Richard's POI's and I was not disappointed.  I just wish I had a list of all the new POI's with the coordinates.

6Vk1x4Q.jpg

nn3sUwE.jpg

KNugPyP.jpg

WDdNNF1.jpg

QAS0OgY.jpg

S1hTOyj.jpg

yVsBe3w.jpg

JMlgDrj.jpg

MNL5NUe.jpg

4JKu5jo.jpg

N7AYzwI.jpg

I used to love feeding all the pigeons here way back in the 80's

Iz0Y7xO.jpg

ua1L1VG.jpg

WNCoVDs.jpg

RaTo3Kd.jpg

mIbRwyz.jpg

DX7BQNJ.jpg

WUB736E.jpg

Fantastic tour of London Jack, plenty of wonderful scenery on display here.

49 minutes ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! :). You beat me to it!

I think it's great that Orbx continue to enhance their products. I love the detail. Great work by Richard.

Same here Paul, I only discovered it last night. Headed for Ascot and Windsor Castle in the Mosquito chopper. Plenty of amazing scenery there too to look at too.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! :). You beat me to it!

I think it's great that Orbx continue to enhance their products. I love the detail. Great work by Richard.

Thanks Paul!  Richard did some very impressive work, like I said, I wish someone would post a list of the coordinates of all of them as I don't live there it's kind of like and Easter egg hunt.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic tour of London Jack, plenty of wonderful scenery on display here.

Same here Paul, I only discovered it last night. Headed for Ascot and Windsor Castle in the Mosquito chopper. Plenty of amazing scenery there too to look at too.

Thanks Martyn!  It was on my to do list and I received notification the other day but haven't had Time to even turn on the PC.  So this evening I decided to update it and have a real quick look.  Need to get more time to make some proper flights.  But with so much real-world nonsense I'm too busy.  Sometimes I wished I lived in Orbx-land, sedate Bella Coola, or gorgeous happening LOWI would be nice.  Or maybe live somewhere in NZ! ^_^

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul!  Richard did some very impressive work, like I said, I wish someone would post a list of the coordinates of all of them as I don't live there it's kind of like and Easter egg hunt.

Thanks Martyn!  It was on my to do list and I received notification the other day but haven't had Time to even turn on the PC.  So this evening I decided to update it and have a real quick look.  Need to get more time to make some proper flights.  But with so much real-world nonsense I'm too busy.  Sometimes I wished I lived in Orbx-land, sedate Bella Coola, or gorgeous happening LOWI would be nice.  Or maybe live somewhere in NZ! ^_^

I have not looked at all of the various extras for England yet so I will have to get cracking and find them. You need Google Earth Jack as they are then easier to locate. As I lived close to SW London these were not too hard to find but I will be in the same boat as you with the other parts of ENG.

Yes wouldn't ORBX world be a great place to live but not Southern Germany as the aircraft noise is going to be unbearable there in a few weeks.:lol: We will have to be neighbours Jack as long as we don't get those twins in the short red dresses mixed up.:o:lol::ph34r::wub:

Fantastic Jack. Glad that reminds you sweet memories. Just open a paper guide of London to discover POIs. It's easier than seeing Google earth when flying ;)

11 hours ago, BradB said:

I salute your shots Jack , say hello to Queenie for me . :D:lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Would have been nice to have a spot of tea!

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Darling set of captures Jack!

Thanks Erik!

9 hours ago, magic1 said:

very nice Jack

Thank you Magic!

9 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Very impressive!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John!  Richard did a splendid job.

8 hours ago, adambar said:

Looking good Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I have not looked at all of the various extras for England yet so I will have to get cracking and find them. You need Google Earth Jack as they are then easier to locate. As I lived close to SW London these were not too hard to find but I will be in the same boat as you with the other parts of ENG.

Yes wouldn't ORBX world be a great place to live but not Southern Germany as the aircraft noise is going to be unbearable there in a few weeks.:lol: We will have to be neighbours Jack as long as we don't get those twins in the short red dresses mixed up.:o:lol::ph34r::wub:

When I get the chance I need to do some more exploring like you did, POI's have always been one of my favorite things to look for.  Yeah, Southern Germany, it'll be pretty crowded there as soon as it's released, and the twins in the red dress, more nice POI's! :wub:

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Jack I am very surprised  you did not try and fly under tower bridge regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart, I was in such a rush the thought didn't even cross my mind, I was pressed for time.

4 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

Fantastic Jack. Glad that reminds you sweet memories. Just open a paper guide of London to discover POIs. It's easier than seeing Google earth when flying ;)

Thanks Richard and thank you for your cool work, I love it!

4 minutes ago, John Lovell said:

Great shots... I walk past the past picture twice a day on my commute to and from work... Just missing the hundreds of tourists and selfie sticks! :)

Thanks John, I really loved living thee for three years, wish I could go back.  Maybe someday.

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just wish I had a list of all the new POI's with the coordinates.

Get yourself a good travel book, Jack - meanwhile orbx scenery has so many details that you will need that kind of preparation to enjoy it fully.;)

With so many POIs on display I recognize that traffic jams and tourist masses are missing. Which is natural for a flight sim, but here it pops up to me.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

twins in the short red dresses

short red dresses? twins? You seem to be calling for me, Martyn?!

1 hour ago, oldboy43 said:

Jack thank for very nice shots from London city. 

For me not to fly because FPS drops to 5-9. I've old VGA ATI 5750 from 2010 with 1GB of RAM.

It's time to buy a new computer.

Cheers

Karoly

Thanks Karoly!

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Get yourself a good travel book, Jack - meanwhile orbx scenery has so many details that you will need that kind of preparation to enjoy it fully.;)

With so many POIs on display I recognize that traffic jams and tourist masses are missing. Which is natural for a flight sim, but here it pops up to me.

Good idea Gerold!  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

5 hours ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Some great shots Jack. I will be sure to pick up this Orbx product when I can.

Thanks Anthony, it's well worth it.  I think it was my second Orbx product after Trees.

Archived