F-100 around San Diego

Jack Sawyer

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack! :)  That is a smashing aircraft. I have only seen it fly once. Over here in the UK in fact, some years ago.

Thanks Paul, never seen one in real life.  Would love to peer into that forward intake.

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Nicely done Jack, I like that Sabre! :)

Thanks Adam, it's a lot easier to fly than I thought, easier than the T-38 with such a small wing area so you practically need to land at Mach 1 in it.  The Sabre is more forgiving.  Well worth it.

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

7 hours ago, igal said:

enjoy your new hun it's a true aviation.

cheers

IB

Thanks igal, yes, it's a nice jet, a real piece of aviation history.

7 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

What a superb flight, Jack. I enjoyed looking at your screenies.

Thanks Bernd, the feeling's mutual my friend.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Snappy set of shots Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I should have done some snappy rolls!

20 minutes ago, mp1852 said:

A great set here Jack! Have to try the F-100 someday :)

Thanks mp, it's really good, I like it and was well worth it.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Plus, the plane colour is wrong. Room to improve, my friend...B)

Wish there was a yellow livery, the only yellow I could find so far was the one in the last shot over the stadium.

52 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

That's what the 'T'Birds' were flying during my Air Force tour - many years ago.

I never saw a real F-100, I'd love to someday.  I remember when the T-Birds were T-38's though and I visited the memorial at Nellie, what a tragedy.

10 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Nice F100 Jack!  I have to install my SR-71 some day and do some fly overs of North Korea after seeing that bird in action.  Very well done! :)

Thanks John, I saw a YT recently where MV showed they're working on two versions of the iconic SR-71.  Don't know if I'll buy it though but it would be fun to move fast at a very high altitude.  

Jack, always great choices! Classic lines, classic jet. As little paint as possible on a silver airframe!

With that North American thoroughbred in that paint job, Id expect you'd be getting very angry phone calls from both Convair and the Navy putting on a show like that in San Diego Bay!

12 hours ago, missleman01 said:

Jack, always great choices! Classic lines, classic jet. As little paint as possible on a silver airframe!

With that North American thoroughbred in that paint job, Id expect you'd be getting very angry phone calls from both Convair and the Navy putting on a show like that in San Diego Bay!

Thanks!  LOL!  I didn't think of that, that's Navy territory.

Archived