My Wife knows me so well

Good Morning everyone

Yet more evidence that my wife knows me so well, we celebrated our 11th anniversary over the weekend and one of my wifes presents to me was the best T-Shirt ever.

Please look and judge for yourselves.

IMG_0547.JPG

4 minutes ago, Triplane said:

I've been married 52 years. August 20th will be the 60th anniversary of the day she picked me up. I can't wait to see what happens..........Doug

Are you saying you were out trolling the streets at the time?  :o

Nope. She picked me up. There I was walking around the carnival on the second night of the Monterey County Fair. August 20, 1957. I strolled by the ferris wheel and there she was. Standing there with her girl friend holding two tickets. Her friend wouldn't go with her on the on the ferris wheel so she asked me if I would like to join her. I said..why not. She was 12 and I was 14.. Strange how things happen in life...........Doug

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

Nope. She picked me up. There I was walking around the carnival on the second night of the Monterey County Fair. August 20, 1957. I strolled by the ferris wheel and there she was. Standing there with her girl friend holding two tickets. Her friend wouldn't go with her on the on the ferris wheel so she asked me if I would like to join her. I said..why not. She was 12 and I was 14.. Strange how things happen in life...........Doug

Wow, I can just picture it in my head, lucky kid B)

6 hours ago, Triplane said:

Pretty bold for a 12 year old!  Congratulations, she's definitely a keeper.  Obviously, she feels you are, too.

Congratulations to both of you. Eleven years is a long time for today but 60.

24 minutes ago, jjaycee1 said:

Congrats. I can just see our mate Jack Sawyer looking at that T-shirt and being green with envy. Someone has stolen his mantle:D

Jack wouldn't want it as it is not yellow.:o

17 hours ago, Triplane said:

Great story!! :)

20 hours ago, Triplane said:

That is such a great memory, Doug. Hope it all goes well for the anniversaries and hope you get a load more of them.

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

Thanks Andy. We've been married for 52 years and it still feels like a honeymoon. I am, indeed, a lucky guy.....................Doug

Yep Doug, a lucky guy.

Only 8 more years until your 60th.

A rare feat indeed.

Some of us are born to be married men.

Dale

On 7/20/2017 at 5:59 PM, Triplane said:

Her friend wouldn't go with her on the on the ferris wheel so she asked me if I would like to join her. I said..why not. She was 12 and I was 14.. Strange how things happen in life...........Doug

Lovey, just lovely Doug; these stories make me well-up ... I've known my wife since childhood, with our parents working at the same place for over forty years together. We got together romantically in our mid to late twenties and have been married seventeen years.

Nice Tee Paul... I'm jelly :D ... Do you do everything inverted? :lol:

Archived