Finally! 747 in V4.

Been waiting years for this moment.

Here's some at KATL and Vienna, all Orbx that they've released so far.

8b1UmNU.jpg

6c51l3g.jpg

9tg6FCP.jpg

DaEynjC.jpg

8gqAkzd.jpg

euqS7Ya.jpg

Wait for it...:lol:  I'm really sorry fellas, I just couldn't help myself I was so excited!

wQNrZOW.jpg

HKZAVlf.jpg

iu6tCwX.jpg

Thanks Erik.  This is my all-time favorite plane in the universe!  I have waited how many years for this?  A highly accurate, study-level 747 like this and a 64 bit sim so no OOM's and to add icing to it all, Orbx.  Really, what more could I ask for?

Lots of studying to do now.  Some serious hitting of the books.

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack

Nice selection.

This is the PMDG?

How messy was it  to install & was it a free conversion to v4?

TTM

Thanks TTM!  Yes, PMDG QOTSII.

Easy to install but different.

If you own the P3D 3.4 version it is free.

If you have it installed in 3.4 you must use the Control Panel Add/Remove programs to remove it.

Then install it.

Run the sim but unlike 3.4, you must run a default plane first.

It works fine with FSUIPC5, no need to run all the sim connects or SDK.

2 minutes ago, GHaukland said:

Hahaha, really, flying stunts with a 747, very nice :P

Thanks!  I've been known to "test the system" from time to time. :P

3 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Great shots, Jack!

Love the Queen of the Skies!

Steve

Thanks Steve.  My main goal in life was to finally get a 747 to study and learn, in a 64 bit sim, and with Orbx scenery.  All I need now is UT Live to work, REX for Iain's theme, MilViz to release that Beaver for V4, and Chase Plane works perfectly.

Now I can't wait for all my Orbx airports to be released.  Life is finally getting better.

1 minute ago, GHaukland said:

You should really be grounded for that, i mean it, i have to talk to your boss about that.... Happy flying pal :P

At work on the Level-D's you'd be grounded in a New York minute!

They cost a fortune to build and maintain so they don't want those huge hydraulic actuators getting damaged with hard landings and you couldn't go inverted anyway but it is hard on the real Level-D.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks TTM!  Yes, PMDG QOTSII.

Easy to install but different.

If you own the P3D 3.4 version it is free.

If you have it installed in 3.4 you must use the Control Panel Add/Remove programs to remove it.

Then install it.

Run the sim but unlike 3.4, you must run a default plane first.

It works fine with FSUIPC5, no need to run all the sim connects or SDK.

Thanks!  I've been known to "test the system" from time to time. :P

Thanks Jack

Just to clarify something so I can understand v4 better - Removing the 747 from v3.4 - is this if  v3.4 & v4 are on the same drive?, or on the same PC?

Or even if you have V3.4 on a drive you take out of the PC? = meaning you can't have the 747 on 3.4 & v4 at the same time??

Thanks

TTM

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks Jack

Just to clarify something so I can understand v4 better - Removing the 747 from v3.4 - is this if  v3.4 & v4 are on the same drive?, or on the same PC?

Or even if you have V3.4 on a drive you take out of the PC? = meaning you can't have the 747 on 3.4 & v4 at the same time??

Thanks

TTM

Hi TTM. 

No matter what, before V4 can be installed, v3.4 must be uninstalled.

Then download the new installer and when you run it you have the option to install it on 3.4 or 4 or both.

I chose just 4 because what's the point?  I'd VAS out all the time.

It's critical to download that new installer.

Hope this helps, ask away if you need more help TTM.

18 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi TTM. 

No matter what, before V4 can be installed, v3.4 must be uninstalled.

Then download the new installer and when you run it you have the option to install it on 3.4 or 4 or both.

I chose just 4 because what's the point?  I'd VAS out all the time.

It's critical to download that new installer.

Hope this helps, ask away if you need more help TTM.

ok

What is your current v3.4 & v4 structure?

Both on PC on same drive, separate drives?, or v3.4 off the PC?

TTM

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

ok

What is your current v3.4 & v4 structure?

Both on PC on same drive, separate drives?, or v3.4 off the PC?

TTM

I had it on drive G but uninstalled it.

Now it's on drive Z.

You can easily have it installed to both versions of the sim.

I'd have no idea how to install it off the PC.

When you run it it's going to look in the registry.  So I guess if you have v4 off PC in an external drive and the registry knows it's there then no problem.

When you run the new installer it'll ask what sim, you can have 3.4, 4, or both.

But no matter what, it will not install into v4 unless you uninstall it from 3.4 no matter where 3.4 resides.

It's an entirely new installer.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Many congratulations Jack! It must be really great for you to finally fly your 747 in FS without OOM!  ;)

Well done mate!

Thanks Paul, it sure is.  Now I have to hit the books, there's a lot to learn.

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Lol Jack. Amazing shots. A lot of spilled drinks in the back of that fine looking lady. Well done my friend.:D

Thanks flyingleaf, spilled drinks?  Not if you do it like Bob Hoover! B)

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Ian!

2 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Great fun Jack... but I thought this was a serious 'study' sim, not something to be tossed about like a kids toy :lol:  ...I would do the same though [give it a proper testing eh?] :ph34r:

Thanks Mar, yup, it is but I was so caught up in the excitement I had to do a right proper test.  No simulated passengers were hurt making these shots. :D

2 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Royal shots, with the queen.
But she wouldn't be amused, upside down , John :D

Cheers

Bluebear

Thanks John.  I dunno I think she liked the adventure, you never know about these things. B)

52 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Fantastic shots, Jack. I love them. Now the ultimate would be having a YELLOW 747 flying inverted :D:D

Thanks Bernd!  If I could find one I'd be all over it.  Taph could colorize it though! 

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Steve.  My main goal in life was to finally get a 747 to study and learn, in a 64 bit sim, and with Orbx scenery.  All I need now is UT Live to work, REX for Iain's theme, MilViz to release that Beaver for V4, and Chase Plane works perfectly.

Now I can't wait for all my Orbx airports to be released.  Life is finally getting better.

Hi Jack - UTLive is working great with P3Dv4. Needs a couple of tweaks in some config files - all detailed in the UTLive support forum ... quick pic to prove it:

2017-6-5_12-10-4-70 (2).jpeg

11 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Hi Jack - UTLive is working great with P3Dv4. Needs a couple of tweaks in some config files - all detailed in the UTLive support forum ... quick pic to prove it:

Hi Paul, thanks, I had already seen that but sadly it's above my pay grade.  I'm going to wait for a native installer.  If none comes then I'll try my hand at this, coding gives me the willies! :blink:

5 minutes ago, Neptune6 said:

JACK verify if the toilette door is lock before looping . if somebody was in it ... :lol:

Nice P3Dv4 and Jumbo .

Patrick

:lol:  They like it this way, they actually pay for these thrilling rides.  :blink:

But if ya do it right, like Mr. Bob Hoover no one will even know.

Thanks for your kind words Patrick, and your help with the AI ships! 

You left me gasping for air once more. :(  Glad to see you have your 747 up and running again Jack super shots! :)

I'm installing a new graphics card right now, I bought a Nvidia GTX 1050TI, my first, all my others have been ATI/AMD cards. So we will see. :unsure:

50 minutes ago, adambar said:

You left me gasping for air once more. :(  Glad to see you have your 747 up and running again Jack super shots! :)

I'm installing a new graphics card right now, I bought a Nvidia GTX 1050TI, my first, all my others have been ATI/AMD cards. So we will see. :unsure:

Thanks Adam, they weren't gasping, they are partying! :P

A new 1050TI, man, that's nice!  Enjoy it like big time.

Can't wait to see your shots with it.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  They like it this way, they actually pay for these thrilling rides.  :blink:

But if ya do it right, like Mr. Bob Hoover no one will even know.

Thanks for your kind words Patrick, and your help with the AI ships! 

BOB Hoover was a monument pilote, i love this man ... I don't know today if is always alive ? 90 years old ? +/-

Patrick

3 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

BOB Hoover was a monument pilote, i love this man ... I don't know today if is always alive ? 90 years old ? +/-

Patrick

Hi Patrick, he was a great pilot, one of the world's finest.  He passed away from us in 2016.  

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Nice one Jack! Glad to see you up there in the big skies in the big bird. Does that come in a cargo version? If it does, you could stash a couple of Gee-Bees in the back for recreational purposes.

Thanks Andy, it does indeed, there's so many variants too and plenty of cargo versions as well.  GeeBee's?  Heck, I could stick a whole flock of 'em in there!  :lol:

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Patrick, he was a great pilot, one of the world's finest.  He passed away from us in 2016.  

For me ever and never passed away . !

Patrick

Archived