Australian liveries

I wanted to find some Australian liveries for some planes so I did, just installed them and made a quick set of flights.  Now I can use the proper liveries when flying Down Under.

uK7hyPT.jpg

bnQ9E43.jpg

rAaQswa.jpg

xcsRKTt.jpg

UiESKoU.jpg

bsp4CCu.jpg

PnFUqXN.jpg

iei64el.jpg

SRcTgWi.jpg

bkQdLnR.jpg

LE1TUos.jpg

tCbpq3R.jpg

Z1mjs2o.jpg

lP2T3DJ.jpg

9ejY5Kt.jpg

0teSc5Q.jpg

TpPTg0Y.jpg

GyubOeL.jpg

9gLVqPT.jpg

eJtTcTY.jpg

oKAShXI.jpg

KisoYct.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Grand shots all in all! I especially like the Comanche and Constellation!

Thanks Erik!  Much appreciated.  I plan on trying to fly Australian liveries when I can.  And I think I might limit my acrobatics, I wonder if people are getting tired of them?

Just now, TigerTigerM said:

Was that Alice Springs Jack?

I purchased it but haven't got here yet.

Spent last 3 days fiddling with Just Flight & Quality Wings BAe-146 stuff.

TTM

Yes, Alice Springs and Broome, didn't have time for a regular flight, maybe later as I have a deadline to meet on an article I'm writing.  I'm using a combination or Iain's settings and Stewart's lighting.  And loving every minute but May 30 I'll be much happier with V4.  Can't wait.

I had a BAE-146 for FSX once, forget where I bought it, on Flight1's page maybe, don't even know who made it.  I liked it and should have kept it but at the time I didn't want anything to do with FMS's.  So I deleted it.

4 minutes ago, skydivemayday said:

What is your setup/settings to get 60FPS? :)

I'd have to post my settings screens as I'm not at the PC right now.  But full right on everything except for two and here's my PC specs:

Let me know if you me to post the settings.

Jetline Hellfire GT2 PC

Win 7 Pro 64

CM Storm Scout II Advanced case

ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo

i7 4790 Quad Core 4.66 GHz

Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling

8 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX 

Integrated High Speed Network 10/100/1000

802.11n WiFi card

750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply

20x DVD/CD Burner

P3D v 3.4

Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle - Yoke driver

Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals can't use driver

Samsung S27A550H Monitor

Buttkicker Gamer 2

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, Alice Springs and Broome, didn't have time for a regular flight, maybe later as I have a deadline to meet on an article I'm writing.  I'm using a combination or Iain's settings and Stewart's lighting.  And loving every minute but May 30 I'll be much happier with V4.  Can't wait.

I had a BAE-146 for FSX once, forget where I bought it, on Flight1's page maybe, don't even know who made it.  I liked it and should have kept it but at the time I didn't want anything to do with FMS's.  So I deleted it.

Thanks

I think Flight1 is Quality Wings.

Each has its pluses & minuses.

Good to hand fly, need to be very delicate on the throttles.

TTM

2 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Thanks

I think Flight1 is Quality Wings.

Each has its pluses & minuses.

Good to hand fly, need to be very delicate on the throttles.

TTM

Yes, that was it TTM.  It's still a beautiful plane, I've always loved it.

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd have to post my settings screens as I'm not at the PC right now.  But full right on everything except for two and here's my PC specs:

Let me know if you me to post the settings.

J<<snip>>

I'm doing something wrong then.

I'm get 30-40FPS with similar motherboard and CPU with 32GB RAM.  My sliders are default because I haven't adjusted anything since I deleted my config files recently.

My video card is a 1060 with 6GB RAM.  Unless I missed something what's yours?

5 minutes ago, skydivemayday said:

I'm doing something wrong then.

I'm get 30-40FPS with similar motherboard and CPU with 32GB RAM.  My sliders are default because I haven't adjusted anything since I deleted my config files recently.

My video card is a 1060 with 6GB RAM.  Unless I missed something what's yours?

GTX 980, maybe it's NVIDIA Inspector?  SCE?  I don't know, it seems performance is different between everyone's computers

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Erik!  Much appreciated.  I plan on trying to fly Australian liveries when I can.  And I think I might limit my acrobatics, I wonder if people are getting tired of them?

Yes, seems everybody stopped commenting on your crazybatics ;) It's kind of your running gag so whenever you feel like it keep it comingB)

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Great choice of liveries there Jack! :)

It is always nice to find some to match the scenery.

Thanks Paul, I agree, I wanted some correct liveries but I don't know if these planes are in the right part of the country, at least they're Australian liveries.  Hopefully more flights today.

5 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

Nice set, Jack. You're probably the first pilot in the history of aviation to do aerobatics in a constellation!

Thanks Lucky!  I don't know, there may have been someone who was brave enough, maybe a test pilot back then?  

3 hours ago, jury42 said:

Nice set  indeed!

Thank you Jury!

2 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Yes, seems everybody stopped commenting on your crazybatics ;) It's kind of your running gag so whenever you feel like it keep it comingB)

Thanks Erik.  I will have to see what happens in my future flights, you never know when I might hit severe turbulence. :P

46 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, I agree, I wanted some correct liveries but I don't know if these planes are in the right part of the country, at least they're Australian liveries.  Hopefully more flights today.

Heck Jack, you did really well! :).

Anything close looks great!

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

That's a good excuse for doing aerobatics :D

Yup, there could be hurricane strength winds!  Actually, the alarm radio just went off, Atlanta is now under a tornado watch ti,, 1800 local this evening.  Here we go again.  I've survived two of them, one destroyed my roof.

48 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

very good screen shots Jack looks like you cold do with a bit of rain looks a bit dry and also  did the blood rush to your head when flying upside down regards Stewart

Thanks Stewart, that was AS16 real weather at the time so I guess it might be a bit dry there.

43 minutes ago, paulb said:

Heck Jack, you did really well! :).

Anything close looks great!

Thanks Paul!

24 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Time to startup your real world weather engine Jack!

You bet, I want to get in a few flights before the violent weather.  They claim severe thunderstorms, 3" hail, and tornados.  We live in what they call Georgia's tornado alley and it's not fun at night when you hear a tornado coming close.  We'll see what happens.

I've been watching the barometric pressure on this cool weather station I bought and I'm astonished to see the baro fall from 29.90 to 29.45 in just the last hour or so.

7 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Wow, the METARs would state PRESFR (pressure falling rapidly). Must be scary those huge hail balls. I've only seen a few pictures of them and couldn't believe they were real.

Thanks goodness it all slid past us!  We have flash flooding though.

One time we got so much large hail in a tornado when I went outside the smell of Pine-Sol was so strong we almost gagged.  The hail had broken about a zillion branches off the pine trees and the air was heavy with a sappy fog.  

39 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Jack. Seeing the Connie inverted is a sight to behold :D 

Btw, do you still use Adam's PTA settings or have you fully migrated to Iain's settings

Thanks Bernd.  It's easy to go inverted. ut the people on board don't like it!

No more PTA, although Adam did a terrific job on it, I was really enamored of Iain's kind of a fuzzy glow type of lighting.  But then I went with Stewart's HDE settings and Iain's graphics settings and I'm very pleased with them, but I do get a lot of spikes.  Think because the sliders are all the way to the right.  

1 minute ago, Orbxtreme said:

I particularly like the VH-FFE livery, it has a very old look. About the inverted Constellation, well, I would feel safer in a Pitts Special....:D!

Thanks Francois.  I like it too.  Am going to make a flight in it today in a little while.

As for the Connie.  One thing I don't understand is this, I know A2A prides themselves on the flight physics of their planes.  So if what they say is correct, then I guess you really could go inverted in it.  Not 100% sure, but whenever I get a new plane I always try this.  Just for fun.  Personally, I like doing loops and rolls in real stunt planes in real life, it's a lot of fun.  But I don't think I'd like to try it in a Connie in real life.

So it makes me wonder, can it actually be done in a real Connie?

15 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Francois.  I like it too.  Am going to make a flight in it today in a little while.

As for the Connie.  One thing I don't understand is this, I know A2A prides themselves on the flight physics of their planes.  So if what they say is correct, then I guess you really could go inverted in it.  Not 100% sure, but whenever I get a new plane I always try this.  Just for fun.  Personally, I like doing loops and rolls in real stunt planes in real life, it's a lot of fun.  But I don't think I'd like to try it in a Connie in real life.

So it makes me wonder, can it actually be done in a real Connie?

Just thinking of diving with the thing to pull enough speed to put it later on its back makes me really nervous. I don't think the structure would hold it. 

But I remember of a pilot who used to do crazy things with an airliner: Taken from the book "Aviation, a history through art: [...] "On the sunny morning of August 7, 1955, an audience of more than a quarter of a million ringing Lake Washington was treated to an air show before the first heats of Seattle's Gold Cup hydroplane speeboat races. The Boeing Company was hosting airline executives from around the world and sought to take advantage of the moment by asking its test pilot, Alvin M. "Tex" Johnston, to make a low-altitude, high-speed pass over the race course in the company's spanking new 707 jetliner prototype, known as the "Dash 80". Upon completing a scheduled flight test over the Olympic Peninsula, the Dash 80 maneuvered in for its pass. As it accelerated to five hundred knots at just five hundred feet above the lake, Johnston pulled the nose up to the left and swung the big four-engined jet into a barrel roll. Before the disbelieving audience, Tex Johnston then turned for a second pass and executed another barrel roll in the opposite direction. [...]".

Reference for the book: ISBN 0-943231-55-8 ^_^

Well sorry Jack, I guess my quote is kind of useless, to say the least! It talked about a pilot of a Boeing 707, in 1955, who successfully did two barrel rolls with the jetliner at 500 ft above the ground in front of  250,000 persons. Next time, I'll put a bit less color on my text !

7 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Well sorry Jack, I guess my quote is kind of useless, to say the least! It talked about a pilot of a Boeing 707, in 1955, who successfully did two barrel rolls with the jetliner at 500 ft above the ground in front of  250,000 persons. Next time, I'll put a bit less color on my text !

I read about that in an aviation book I have a long time ago.  I was a teenager and was astounded that he actually did it but he almost got fired.  Apparently Mr. Boeing didn't want his customers thinking the'd be flying upside down.  I of course loved it, I was enthralled by it.

I read about that in an aviation book I have a long time ago.  I was a teenager and was astounded that he actually did it but he almost got fired.  Apparently Mr. Boeing didn't want his customers thinking the'd be flying upside down.  I of course loved it, I was enthralled by it.

This was the famous photo....
d1b1da8a37929584bf948c372615e007.jpg

And a YouTube link....

Enjoyed this set Jack, especially Broome. It's been a long time favourite, full thanks to Jarrod.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

47 minutes ago, antonvs said:

This was the famous photo....
d1b1da8a37929584bf948c372615e007.jpg

And a YouTube link....

Enjoyed this set Jack, especially Broome. It's been a long time favourite, full thanks to Jarrod.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Anton!  And thanks for this cool photo and the video.  Man, I'd love to have seen that!  Four years before I was born.

Archived