KSAN & AI & environs

Jack Sawyer

Flew the Helldiver around KSAN with my shiny new AI program, quite pleased with it!

P3D 3.4 - Adam's PTA 21_11 - AS16 on. - Orbx Global - Trees - SCA - KSAN

Had fun.

SpCqzUh.jpg

qRkx0sm.jpg

T1WEbYN.jpg

pUi8Eis.jpg

Excuse me, I'm in a rush.

OWaxOxT.jpg

6IV7IEn.jpg

ulo23Ez.jpg

qDq7Ao4.jpg

I Tok off before you hoo, na na na na!

RpfMN1k.jpg

RlwUfVZ.jpg

Wish I could land there someday in this Orbx.  Can they "Harden" it somehow?

EVJ33bz.jpg

9SkNcQZ.jpg

My destination, but going to approach from the other side.

J4MwCBC.jpg

Q1AGTLP.jpg

BcLnuwq.jpg

1NtZ7zx.jpg

xCHIMxw.jpg

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great stuff Jack! Nice series!

Clearly, you are having fun with the Helldiver! :)

BTW, nice landing!

Thanks Paul!  Yes, it's quite the plane and thanks for your compliments on my landing.  It was a bit heavy landing but the pilots walked away.

1 hour ago, stewart1 said:

nice shots Jack you had loads of fun hope you are feeling better regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!  Yes, feeling better, some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug.

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

Great shots of the plane and area too. I must try this one soon!

Thanks Francois!  KSAN is awesome, so much to see and explore there and this plane is nice.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul!  Yes, it's quite the plane and thanks for your compliments on my landing.  It was a bit heavy landing but the pilots walked away.

LOL! Jack :). That is always one heck of an achievement! Anyone flying with you will be very happy!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

3 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL! Jack :). That is always one heck of an achievement! Anyone flying with you will be very happy!

Thanks Paul.  They'll be happy they're on the ground, they're lucky I didn't go inverted this flight! :blink:

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

Thank you God for a answer to my prayers , a post with a blue plane . :):)B):lol::lol:

Cheers

John

Looks like I'll have to redouble my efforts to repaint all my planes yellow, just kidding. ^_^ Glad you liked it John.  I like this livery because I thought it "might" have been assigned to one of the carriers at KSAN.  Martyn would know better than me and I didn't have time to research.

Just now, flyingleaf said:

Very nice Jack. Great shots. Stay healthy and chin up. I heard the other day that there are more planes at the bottom of the ocean that submarines in the sky. Hmmmmm. 

Thanks flyingleaf!  I'll do my best.  

I can believe there are more planes at the bottom of the ocean, and I don't know how it is where you live, but where I live there's so many submarines in the sky above my house that the sky's lousy with 'em!

Ripper of a set Jack and isn't is great fun playing with the AI traffic.

The Helldiver depicted here was part of the VMSB-244 which originally operated the Dauntless.

They changed to the Helldiver in October 42 and left San Diego in Jan 43 for Midway.

They fought in the Bougainville and Philippine Campaigns.

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Just thinking Jack................You should be able to get an ai carrier and park it wherever you want. You can then practice TO and landings wherever! :)

Wonder how I do that?  Never tried that before.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Ripper of a set Jack and isn't is great fun playing with the AI traffic.

The Helldiver depicted here was part of the VMSB-244 which originally operated the Dauntless.

They changed to the Helldiver in October 42 and left San Diego in Jan 43 for Midway.

They fought in the Bougainville and Philippine Campaigns.

Thanks Martyn!  That's some brilliant research you did.  So I just guessed correctly and was right?  

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wonder how I do that?  Never tried that before.

I will have a look for you Jack. I did it years ago, so I should be able to do it again. Mine will be in FSX and not P3D, but I will have a go and make a new post for you to see. :)

Just now, paulb said:

I will have a look for you Jack. I did it years ago, so I should be able to do it again. Mine will be in FSX and not P3D, but I will have a go and make a new post for you to see. :)

Thanks Paul!  I did it only once in a mission in FSX Acceleration in the F-18, it took me days to finally get it right.  Back then I had a poor PC and little hardware but it sure was fun.  But the carrier wasn't there to land on outside the mission in I remember correctly.

11 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

Fantastic stuff here Jack. 

Thanks Sammy, I see a lot of guys who say the Beast is ugly, it's not bad looking to me actually.  It may be aviation's ugly duckling but she flys well and despite being sluggish in turns (you can almost feel all that mass) she's not a bad plane to fly.

Archived