Avalon to San Diego

Jack Sawyer

Orbx SCA, Trees, KAVX, KSAN, Scenery Config Editor did the rest.

Spring, 1300 local, AS16 on, Adam's PTA 21_11.

It was fogged in at Avalon or else I would have toured the island so I went straight to KSAN, did an ILS landing at 09, ILS freq 111.55, took off and toured the area.

Sorry for so many but this is a nice area.  FPS were ok and VAS was better than expected.

8Wk5ZaB.jpg

yR0veoT.jpg

yL0dlNn.jpg

wemwQ2o.jpg

TLP3HTL.jpg

qrMxy8c.jpg

WDRFtVZ.jpg

9RAV555.jpg

E6AF0uY.jpg

Gcbz7LK.jpg

7N6Cbe2.jpg

GsJTt8B.jpg

gcLydA9.jpg

1OiRrbR.jpg

tzHwTSE.jpg

caCzccs.jpg

dlrhacr.jpg

QIkAczw.jpg

RB7noPj.jpg

PKdIG2Z.jpg

JHIXgqB.jpg

There's only one request I could make, if it's even possible, can you make it so I can land on the carriers?

naDdVom.jpg

21yUgP0.jpg

wy6tLsf.jpg

Y6jtyF2.jpg

khOFaJ5.jpg

kZIH2v6.jpg

vMYsZ8V.jpg

And Matteo, if you read this, I can say it was $ well spent.  I really like what you have created.

6 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Pretty darn nice Jack!  Especially like the ships.  How FPS friendly is it?

Very PDX.  Got most on average 30.  VAS was awesome too, however, for good VAS SEC must be utilized.

4 minutes ago, jury42 said:

Super shots set!

Thanks Jury!

4 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Dandy set of shotz in a fabulous plane! The landing flare shot with crosswind is my favorite!

Thanks Erik!  Yeah, major real weather crosswind, caught me off guard.

Jack, just to ask a dumb question, what is VAS SEC?  I am familiar with VAS, but not the 'SEC' part.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very PDX.  Got most on average 30.  VAS was awesome too, however, for good VAS SEC must be utilized.

Thanks Jury!

Thanks Erik!  Yeah, major real weather crosswind, caught me off guard.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack well flown.

Top class scenery too, I especially like the ships.

Thanks Martyn!  Yes, the scenery is excellent, worth my ticket for entrance.  And yeah, I always love the ships now that I have that AI freeware someone here, no idea who now, turned me on to them.  Makes it even more immersive.

Splendid set of shots!

The PC12 is for sure a nice bird for such a trip. 

May I ask one thing? How did you manage to integrate the GTN with its frame and original size into the VC?

Tried it myself, but only managed to get the display to show up in the standard gps. 

Would be grate, if you could post the corresponding area in the panel.cfg.

Fly safe and fair weathers!

1 minute ago, PDX Flyer said:

Jack, just to ask a dumb question, what is VAS SEC?  I am familiar with VAS, but not the 'SEC' part.

Hi PDX, VAS is virtual address space, the 32 bit limitation we all have to work under, for now...

SEC is a typo, sorry, it's SCA, Scenery Config Editor.  Found it in PMDG's 747 introduction, it's free and it's awesome.  It allows you to create folders and load only the scenery you'll be using on that flight.

So I have folders labeled:

Wales

UK

Australia

PNW

CRM

Alaska

SCA

Scotland

Ireland

Etc.

So why load all that stuff you don't need and load just what you do need, and when you run FSX or P3D it loads in two seconds.  And it saves you from the dreaded (for now) OOM.

4 minutes ago, PupaZebu said:

Splendid set of shots!

The PC12 is for sure a nice bird for such a trip. 

May I ask one thing? How did you manage to integrate the GTN with its frame and original size into the VC?

Tried it myself, but only managed to get the display to show up in the standard gps. 

Would be grate, if you could post the corresponding area in the panel.cfg.

Fly safe and fair weathers!

In the latest version it instalIs natively.  You may want to update it at Carenado.  I only know this because I bought it coincidentally like two days after they updated it.

They have simple instructions to install it.  Good luck!

Nice shots Jack, great variety -- what you done in all of your [and others] images is convince me not just to buy KSAN, but that Matteo makes great stuff! Be nice to know what he has his eye on for the next release!

1 hour ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

I am very happy you like the scenery and see such a beautifull set of screens these :)

Matteo, I am happy.  Well done and I look forward to your next project!

9 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Nice shots Jack, great variety -- what you done in all of your [and others] images is convince me not just to buy KSAN, but that Matteo makes great stuff! Be nice to know what he has his eye on for the next release!

Thanks Mike!  Yes, it's worth it and not too bad on VAS and I too can't wait to see what he has up his Orbx sleeve!  You go Matteo!

Great shots Jack.  Again, you are playing with my credit card!  I'm sitting on the fence waiting for LOWI , but I might just have to give myself something to cheer up with!  I was in KSAN recently on business and stayed in the Marriot Hotel on the front.. It is actually modelled in Matteo's scenery as the 2 quarter circle towers near the marina.  Great stuff..

Kev

9 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Cracking set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks again Iain!

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great series Jack! :). I like the fog in the earlier shots. Super landing! That scenery is amazing!

Thanks Paul.  Yeah, I was surprised to see it with AS16 on and it looked great.  I was gonna tour Catalina but it was socked in.

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Terrific shots, Jack. Thanks for taking us along

Thanks Bern, you're welcome!

5 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Great shots Jack.  Again, you are playing with my credit card!  I'm sitting on the fence waiting for LOWI , but I might just have to give myself something to cheer up with!  I was in KSAN recently on business and stayed in the Marriot Hotel on the front.. It is actually modelled in Matteo's scenery as the 2 quarter circle towers near the marina.  Great stuff..

Kev

Thanks Kev!  Must have been nice, I visited there several times in the 80's.  I think LOWI will be out this weekend, I feel it.

3 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Fantastic set

Thank you again very kind sir!

Archived