This is a nice little plane!

Jack Sawyer

First flight in my new 195.  So I continued my Orbx tour.  This time from 77S to S45.  Orbx everything, summer, AS16 on, PTA 20_08 from Adam.  I shut off UT2 completely and plan on uninstalling it.  A VAS hog.  I was astonished when I finished this flight.  I had 1164 MB left! :)

It was a very relaxing and scenic flight.

04se84M.jpg

O5lw2v7.jpg

sre9cD0.jpg

sKFvn6N.jpg

NcrdT30.jpg

lEsxKZx.jpg

veMS4Gm.jpg

RQ9ZSHO.jpg

w65U4Ew.jpg

Mj1jOQf.jpg

RCJBWV5.jpg

GIcPqV3.jpg

1otn3h4.jpg

P5uvMPy.jpg

ZJxe70r.jpg

l5Kx2Gq.jpg

exa5at6.jpg

KVVXvPJ.jpg

N94UnDl.jpg

7Jx8l1R.jpg

MBFFR1J.jpg

Beautiful photo's, great light which makes it easy to view.  What I like with the wings on top is you get a far better view of what's under you.

Again, more great shots from Jack.

JimNZ

BTW Jack, isn't that 195 totally awesome?!

So glad you got one too and are enjoying it also.

And thanks for reminding me that Siletz Bay existed - I own it but haven't been there in ages, a downside to the wonderful and growing array of Orbx offerings.

So many destinations, so little time, and I only fly in North America.

Steve

1 hour ago, ScottGridley said:

Those are some FANTASTIC shots! Thanks for sharing.  My favorites are #s 7 and 8 - cloud shadows look awesome over the farmland.

Thank you Scott!  Im really glad you liked them.  It's a very beautiful area, I agree, I love the farmland. It looks so peaceful.

1 hour ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Incredible shots!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

1 hour ago, JimNZ said:

Beautiful photo's, great light which makes it easy to view.  What I like with the wings on top is you get a far better view of what's under you.

Again, more great shots from Jack.

JimNZ

Thank you for the kind words Jim!  I agree.  And this plane has a sunroof too!

59 minutes ago, adambar said:

Magnificent set of shots Jack! :)  You should be due for an overhaul on that 195 soon. :D

Thanks Adam!  Due for an overhaul?  I just bought her.  She has like two hours on her.  :)

49 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

BTW Jack, isn't that 195 totally awesome?!

So glad you got one too and are enjoying it also.

And thanks for reminding me that Siletz Bay existed - I own it but haven't been there in ages, a downside to the wonderful and growing array of Orbx offerings.

So many destinations, so little time, and I only fly in North America.

Steve

Yes, I totally agree Steve.  I have taken quite a shine to this plane.  Don't usually like tail draggers but your shots were the impetus for me to buy it.  And know what?  I LOVE it!  It flys nicely and trims out nice too.  And it isn't a VAS hog like other planes.  Yeah, Siletz is a beautiful place in Orbx land.  And know what?  Every single time I fly there it's socked in. I checked, in real life it's almost always foggy.  Must be the warm ocean.

41 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Not so small! Saw one a few months ago for the first time in real, but it had red instead of blue color. Couldn't take my eyes of it being pulled out of the hangar.

I have never seen a real one Erik so I'm jealous!  Yeah, it does look kind of long but they did really well back then in the 30's & 40's.  Like I said, metal, cantilevered wing, and no strut.  All with a big radial engine and the sound on this plane when she idles, man it's awesome!

20 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Another beautiful set,  Jack  !     I passed up on this beauty during the last sale,  but the 195 is now definitely on my radar.   

Thank you MZ!  I appreciate it.  You'll love flying the friendly Orbx skies in this gem.  I like it a lot.

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic series here Jack.

Good to see you enjoying your fine old Cessna.

Beautiful scenery and I re installed my 195 the other day, it is a wonderful plane to fly.

Thanks Martyn!  It sure is beautiful scenery and a sweet plane to fly it over with.

9 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Fine screens Jack. That plane is truly a work of art.

Thanks Ben!  It is, Cessna was amazing even back then.

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Cracking set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

5 hours ago, RJ said:

Catchy aircraft and shots, Jack! :)

Thank you RJ!

5 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Quintessential General Aviation !!! Nice spread...

Regards,
Scott  

Thanks Scott!  Glad you liked them.

4 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

That a seriously fine set of shots Jack

Thanks Ken, I really appreciate your kind words.

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Nice flight plan, nice vintage aircraft & very nice shots of it all, way to go!

Thanks Roger, it was a very fun flight.

Archived