Knocking on the door of JimNZ

Stillwater

After escaping Mordor http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/128693-oh-you-can-go-into-mordor-and-back/ I went on from Waiouru, viewing at Mt. Ruapehu...

2016-12-26_15-29MtRuapehu.jpg

... heading westwards ...

2016-12-26_15-45-20-314.jpg

... towards New Plymouth. Hi @JimNZ !

2016-12-26_15-49NewPlymouth.jpg

Really only a short distance to Mt. Taranaki from there. Roger @Wakashi has given us more details from this mountain recently: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/128216-trip-suggested-by-jimnz/#comment-1141618 .

2016-12-26_15-52MtTaranaki.jpg
2016-12-26_15-54-24-188.jpg

With this fast bird I went on across Wanganui...

2016-12-26_16-5Wanganui.jpg

... and Ohakea...

2016-12-26_16-12OhakeaMil.jpg

... to the forests of Ithilien ...

2016-12-26_16-16Ithilien.jpg

... and Paraparaumu airfield - the right place to rest before getting down to a bigger city.

2016-12-26_16-26Paraparaumu.jpg

Thanks for those who gave me some inspirations for flying in NZ, beside the two gentlemen mentioned above...!

Mr Stillwater, these shots would bring tears to a glass eye:rolleyes:.  Thank you.  Actually this whole area was where I lived and worked before

heading home to MtTaranaki after receiving  a horrible hiding on a 8 vicious bikies v me. Now I live in a wheelchair and/or bed.

They are truly marvelous and I appreciate every one.

Regards,

JimNZ

Great shots Gerold, and thanks for the acknowledgements!  I'm still exploring NZ, east coast of South Island almost complete, crossing the bay soon to North Island, fly for 50-60 nm or nearest a/p, let down, save and start again tomorrow. 

Wonderful set Gerold and that first shot is so real I can almost smell the possums.

1 hour ago, JimNZ said:

Mr Stillwater, these shots would bring tears to a glass eye:rolleyes:.  Thank you.  Actually this whole area was where I lived and worked before

heading home to MtTaranaki after receiving  a horrible hiding on a 8 vicious bikies v me. Now I live in a wheelchair and/or bed.

Regards,

JimNZ

Bloody hell Jim, that is terrible.

Thanks for your comments @RJ, @Iain Emms and @Voyager!

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Gerold and that first shot is so real I can almost smell the possums.

Sorry I flew even before taking a shower.

16 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Great shots Gerold, and thanks for the acknowledgements!  I'm still exploring NZ, east coast of South Island almost complete, crossing the bay soon to North Island, fly for 50-60 nm or nearest a/p, let down, save and start again tomorrow. 

Nearly my tactics. I look for some sights in Plan-G, then chose the plane to have approx. 60 min. flights.

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Beautiful set Gerold!  I can't get enough of NZ!

Indeed, a country I have missed out too long.

16 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Mr Stillwater, these shots would bring tears to a glass eye:rolleyes:.  Thank you.  Actually this whole area was where I lived and worked before heading home to MtTaranaki after receiving  a horrible hiding on a 8 vicious bikies v me. Now I live in a wheelchair and/or bed.

Regards,

JimNZ

I am missing the words to make an appropriate comment. You can´t do more than making the best out of what is the situation, and try to have fun whereever possible (well, that is true for all of us).

Thanks you so much for your comment and the NZL hints (I have them saved & transferred into Plan-G...)!

5 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Outstanding shots.  I am always a sucker for any shot with a mountain in it.  Enjoy your NZ flights.

Thanks, pdx. I´ll try to put more mountains into my posts for you ;).

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Top quality ... comments ; our forum continues to set the highest standards . It is a my honor and privilege to be part of it . :):)

Cheers

John

I can only second these statements. A place of pleasure to be in.

14 hours ago, adambar said:

Wonderful shots of NZ Gerold! :)  Great looking paint as well!

Thanks Adam. I also enjoy this beatiful paint each time I use it!

13 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hot-shot bunch of pictures! Your title constantly reminds me of this song:

Interesting song, I have never heard it before. I thought of "knocking on heavens door"...

6 hours ago, Guinea-Pig on Glideslope said:

Still, your pictures are real eye candies I guess my pc could hardly handle your settings... Taking of with my A320 already deteriorates to a dia show. Chuckles.

Don´t worry too much, Chukles. The NZL regions are very little demanding to my PC (compared to other areas). And the photoreal volcanoes work so smooth...

Archived