A long expected journey

Stillwater

I took me years to make the decision to buy the entire NZL scenery. And it took me months having the scenery resting on my sim to get ready to go there. But finally, there was only one plane I could use to fly from Brisbane...

2016-12-11_18-49-42-909.jpg

(... could not take my eyes off that livery...)

2016-12-11_20-12-40-860.jpg
2016-12-11_20-51-20-831.jpg

... and approaching downwind ...

2016-12-11_21-22-40-630.jpg
2016-12-11_21-23Auckland.jpg
2016-12-11_21-24-11-439.jpg

... into Auckland, with a little limited visibility.

2016-12-11_21-32final.jpg
2016-12-11_21-34-27-573.jpg

Now I have to face weeks of low & slow pleasure.

You have hit the jackpot in many ways here Gerold.

Arriving in style with this beautifully adorned 777.

The prize is endless flying around some of the best scenery the ORBX world has to offer, I know of at least one person on here that will say it is the best.

All sorts of exploring here with so many small strips in many precarious locations.

Thank you for commenting, @Iain Emms and @dolf8857 !

19 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

You have hit the jackpot in many ways here Gerold.

Arriving in style with this beautifully adorned 777.

The prize is endless flying around some of the best scenery the ORBX world has to offer, I know of at least one person on here that will say it is the best.

All sorts of exploring here with so many small strips in many precarious locations.

At first I need to get an overview of a country I have never been and even never read about. The small strips will be a later stage...

18 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Excellent screenshots, Gerold

What can we do to comfort you? Flying along? ;)

I´ll be happy for any plight plan suggestions, or I´ll have to cross the country randomly...

16 hours ago, RJ said:

Maybe two!!! :)

Stunning paint and shots, Gerold! :)

Thanks, RJ. The livery is indeed a highlight, both in real and in the sim.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What a beautiful paint job!  You're gonna love NZ Gerold, I loved when I flew my little yellow staggerwing there for a while, and have more to go.  Very beautiful country.

I just entered the trusty 337, and will continue to propeller along...

21 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Fanstastic shots!  I'm looking hard at NZ north and south, what with the sale and all. :)

I fear there is no way you can escape. It might only get cheaper when JV gives a 60% discount on the occasion of his 60th birthday, and this is about 9.5 years to go...

15 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

For sure spectacular shotz and a beautiful touchdown rainy view!

I was happy to spot the runway 1100 ft AGL...

11 hours ago, adambar said:

My, what a great looking livery and shots, nice work! :)

Not my work, Adam, the livery was made by a freeware group "Goldstar Textures". You can find it on avsim.

Not into the "big iron" Gerold, much as I admire your fabulous screenshots of a beautiful aircraft, but I am into New Zealand in a big way.. and looking forward to your coming adventures in "the land of the long white cloud". Teecee.

2 hours ago, teecee said:

Not into the "big iron" Gerold, much as I admire your fabulous screenshots of a beautiful aircraft, but I am into New Zealand in a big way.. and looking forward to your coming adventures in "the land of the long white cloud". Teecee.

I promise I am not going to use the big iron when exploring the Kiwi country. And I hope I´ll find some HakaFlow somewhere...

Archived