South of Melbourne in the pushmi-pullyu

Mallard

I thought it was always sunny in Australia... ;)

Some pics from a flight departing Essendon

2016-11-5_11-29-21-570.jpg

2016-11-5_11-38-37-530.jpg

Passing Moorabbin - which will be the destination of this flight - but heading on SSE

2016-11-5_11-41-21-694.jpg

2016-11-5_11-46-37-515.jpg

Our waypoint today: Phillip Island

2016-11-5_12-5-37-723.jpg

Right - back to Moorabbin

2016-11-5_12-16-1-348.jpg

2016-11-5_12-20-41-689.jpg

2016-11-5_12-24-7-139.jpg

Moorabbin

2016-11-5_12-52-29-488.jpg

Taxiing with the front swiched off.

2016-11-5_13-2-43-659.jpg

2016-11-5_13-13-46-498.jpg

The weather was courtesy of ASN real weather. Certainly did deliver quite a change between being below and above the cloud cover...

Cropped DX10s

Cheers

Mallard

9 minutes ago, Mallard said:

I thought it was always sunny in Australia... ;)

Ha Ha.  As you're in Melbourne, just wait ten minutes, and it will be again.  We are famous for having four seasons in one day, and I can confirm it's the case.  Just last week on a few days I took off my jumper and put it on around 6 times in a day.  The sun comes out and it's too hot, then the clouds cover the sun and it's too cold.  Could be worse I guess; at least most of our weather isn't catastrophic.

I could almost see two places I have lived and worked.  I used to live very close to Tullamarine (Melbourne) Airport, and now I work within 1km of Moorabbin Airport.  In fact I was working in the airport the other day, in a helicopter service hangar.

Oh; and I almost forgot.  Great screenies!! :D

Cheers,

Excellent set Mallard of some very familiar places and weather.

Scott said it all in his post, but it is still a great place to live.

I like the shot over Phillip Island, used to spend every other week end in the winter months fishing there at Woolami Beach and the other week ends were going to the footy to see my beloved Fitzroy get their weekly shellacking. When I was in the Moorabbin area working I would spend lunch times at the airport watching the planes. No high security fences in those days or suspicious looks either. How times have changed.

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Mallard of some very familiar places and weather.

Scott said it all in his post, but it is still a great place to live.

I like the shot over Phillip Island, used to spend every other week end in the winter months fishing there at Woolami Beach and the other week ends were going to the footy to see my beloved Fitzroy get their weekly shellacking. When I was in the Moorabbin area working I would spend lunch times at the airport watching the planes. No high security fences in those days or suspicious looks either. How times have changed.

Lemme tell you guys who live in NZ and Oz something right now.

I am GREEN with envy.  What beautiful areas you fellows live in!

If Orbx has done justice to these areas, and I believe they have, then where ya'll live is just astonishingly beautiful.

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Lemme tell you guys who live in NZ and Oz something right now.

I am GREEN with envy.  What beautiful areas you fellows live in!

If Orbx has done justice to these areas, and I believe they have, then where ya'll live is just astonishingly beautiful.

It is a great place to live Jack, I am glad I made it here 35 years ago.

Very lucky that ORBX and OZx have done it justice in the FS world too.

Thanks a lot for the comments, mates! As most of you will have gathered by now, Oz is my preferred stomping ground. And with OZx enhancements like Phillip Island it's even more my destination of choice :)

On 5.11.2016 at 4:17 PM, RJ said:

Imagine what would be like you and P3D. :)

Ah - let me put it politely: hell will have frozen over several times before I will even contemplate putting that programme on my computer... ;)

Cheers

Mallard

RJ , RJ , RJ now you have gone and done it :

Ah - let me put it politely: hell will have frozen over several times before I will even contemplate putting that programme on my computer... ;)

You have ruffled the feathers on our friend Mr. Mallards back , shame on you mate .

Cheers

John

Archived