Can't afford the new Carenado Dornier, so ...

Adam Banks

... I resurrected my old BN-2 Islander - which looks vaguely similar (!).

It's not exactly "pretty" (you should research the Trislander if you want to see a truly ugly aircraft), but I've always liked it. Flight1 did an excellent job with it, IMHO. Plenty of character and a great sound set.

2016-9-15_2-2-59-27_1350.jpg

Here we are on approach to NZGB (Great Barrier).

Adam.

8 hours ago, Hangar24 said:

Love this plane but can't get the KLN-90 to work in P3D.  Problem to do with the font I've read.  Adam, did you get it working?

I have it working OK in FSX (which I still have installed) so I think the font must still be on my system - though I haven't checked - so everything appears to work fine!

I'm really enjoying this trip down memory lane! Amazingly (for such an old model) it has external env/spec maps set so I'm getting dynamic reflections in both chrome spinners and body shine (you need to have P3D dynamic reflections set high+ to see this). A bit of a frame rate killer, but looks great! I may take some screenshots.

Adam.

6 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Imagine it with retractable gear - probably ten knots faster.

Oooh ... hardly supersonic :lol:! Apparently, a fair few BN-2 pilots went prematurely deaf - they were that noisy!

Here's more ....

Some pretty fine AI models with the freeware AI pack:

bn2_nzgb_01_899_1350.jpg

Here's the dynamic reflections in action. Those tubby hi-vis guys are forever on ther mobiles [sigh] ...
bn2_nzgb_02_350_1350.jpg

Note how the "terminal" building is reflected in the windows ... the fuselage also reflects, but less so ..
bn2_nzgb_03_723_1350.jpg

Fun over - back to Auckland!
bn2_nzgb_04_633_1350.jpg

Adam.

Archived