Revised Do-228 VC panel

bernd1151

To be honest I love the plane, but I didn’t like the worn look of the panel (very much the way I didn’t like how the AC Shrike looked).

So I have removed most of the scratches and especially repaired the yellowish looking worn dash top.

Here you can see how it looked before and how it looks now. Let me know if you like it. If yes, I’ll upload it to avsim and let you know the link

Before:

19753f.jpg

After:

25d389.jpg

I also asked housekeeping to clean the carpets

Excellent, while I have flown in planes that are worn as much as the original, I think your repair job would instill more confidence from the passengers that the plane is maintained enough to allow for a safe flight.

Much thanks for this updated version.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Bernd, can you share this?

Of course NOT, buddy. (When you scroll this thread up a bit you'll see my answer to this ;))

49 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

Excellent, while I have flown in planes that are worn as much as the original, I think your repair job would instill more confidence from the passengers that the plane is maintained enough to allow for a safe flight.

May be in a plane slightly worn out like this, we should put a sign in the passenger compartment that reads: "The probability of your survival does not solely depend on the looks of this aircraft. The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival". But probably they wouldn't understand it 

6 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Of course NOT, buddy. (When you scroll this thread up a bit you'll see my answer to this ;))

May be in a plane slightly worn out like this, we should put a sign in the passenger compartment that reads: "The probability of your survival does not solely depend on the looks of this aircraft. The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival". But probably they wouldn't understand it 

Despite my herculean efforts at searching said site I can't find the refurbishment…

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Just to let you know that I have uploaded the file to avsim. It should be available latest tomorrow. 

Please look for: carenado_do_228_vc

Thanks and I hope you'll like it,

Bernd

Just looked in their library, no joy.  Even copied and pasted exact text.  Nada.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Just looked in their library, no joy.  Even copied and pasted exact text.  Nada.

Please have a bit of patience, Jack. ;)

The staff from avsim look at each upload before it is being published. I uploaded it at lunch time. That is why I said it will be there latest tommorow

Just now, bernd1151 said:

Please have a bit of patience, Jack. ;)

The staff from avsim look at each upload before it is being published. I uploaded it at lunch time. That is why I said it will be there latest tommorow

Oh, I apologize Bernd, I didn't know that's how it worked.  I stand corrected.

Archived