KBLU Quad - yay - we got there in the end!

All [good] things come to those that wait! Great to have one of my favourite little gems available for P3Dv3 - Blue Canyon/Nyack - which includes the delightful (but challenging!!!) Limberlost Ranch bush strip (CA21).

I reckon the An-2 would be on of the few aircraft that can use this strip (!):

limberlost_01_774_1350.jpg

Yes - it *does* fit in the hangar!
limberlost_02_254_1350.jpg

A short hop over to Blue Canyon:

kblu_01_904_1350.jpg

I'm not sure that I've seen this effect before. Difficult to describe it in a static screenshot, but the tarmac area around [PARK]ING has some really subtle reflections - a really nice touch!
kblu_02_283_1350.jpg

So much character:
kblu_03_888_1350.jpg

So ... for all those people crying out for these final quad installers - just be patient!

Thanks again, to the nameless ORBX devs - it must be a thankless task, revisiting these "oldies" - but it's truly appreciated!

Adam.

24 minutes ago, Russell Linn said:

I can actually see an issue with the specular there, I think an old file made it in to the installer. I'll give it a quick fix!

Do you mean that rectangular patch on the runway?

If this area's your work, Russ - then kudos!!!

Adam.

1 minute ago, Adam_NZ said:

Do you mean that rectangular patch on the runway?

If this area's your work, Russ - then kudos!!!

Adam.

Yes, thank you very much for the compliment. :)

A missing file was the issue. I've sent it to Orbx! Thanks very much for the shot :D

Thanks,

Russ

4 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Super set Adam, i must get my AN-2 into P3dv3.2, also their Birddog would be nice to have back in this great sim world...

Don't forget to add the Sibwings service module entry to your P3D dll.xml - as the installer won't add it (as it's not really a P3D installer).

Thanks for the feedback, folks - and good to hear these pics have resulted in at least one sale :lol:

Adam.

53 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

Don't forget to add the Sibwings service module entry to your P3D dll.xml - as the installer won't add it (as it's not really a P3D installer).

Thanks for the feedback, folks - and good to hear these pics have resulted in at least one sale :lol:

Adam.

Take a look at 2O1 - Gansner. That specular effect is also used on the ground poly there. All materials on the ground and fuel tank reflect as they would in reality. :)

FTXC installed the update fine! Wow - I'm truly honoured - I've never had a screenshot make an installer splash screen yet!!! Invoice on its way :lol::lol::lol:

... and here's Gansner ..

The effect Russell mentions ... again a static shot doesn't do it justice, but the light on the runway "chevrons" is marvellous!

gansner_01_635_1350.jpg

gansner_02_351_1350.jpg

The detail in these static aircraft is a delight (user aircraft is the green A2A C182):
gansner_03_817_1350.jpg

gansner_05_735_1350.jpg

gansner_04_417_1350.jpg

gansner_06_355_1350.jpg

Adam.

Archived