Most Immersive Home Cockpit I've Seen Yet

Captain Z

I just came across this guys stuff on youtube, and I was really impressed (and a little jealous...lol). Even though I was just watching the video, I felt like I was in the back of the plane.

He did a great job setting up his home cockpit. It may not have all the tech of an airliner home cockpit, but it has the feel and immersion in spades. Here's the first video I came across......

Nah, he filmed this in a Cessna I tell you !   WOW !   Talk about as real as it gets. amazing. I agree, deliver the pizza, have somebody bring soda or beer, and live in it !

Sue

18 hours ago, John Dow said:

Still ask myself this... by the time you put all that effort in and expense you could be doing it for real????

Although I get why  a lot of people say this about such setups, the way I see it is now that it's done he can hop in and fly for a couple of hours for maybe a dollar or 2 worth of electricity and wear and tear, but in a real plane it would still obviously be very expensive. Let's hope that now that he has

it built, he's getting plenty of use out of it to make it worth it.

...or there might be a medical reason. I'm about to have laser eye to get through my next medical without the need for glasses, but there are many things other than eyesight that could keep a potential pilot in the sim only.

And real-life flight isn't all it is cracked up to be; there are thousands of sim-only pilots out there with better skills than I in sim and real-life...  don't knock it.

BTW, if you read the blog you will note: he has a good rig but low frames due to driving three screens and he has also started RL lessons.

Archived