Flying High: Introducing Telluride Regional Airport!

Incredible scenery, an instant buy for me. Always wanted to get high in Colorado, probably with the Turbine Duke. This will call for putting some John Denver on before lifting off the runway.

".......Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high, Colorado......"

Beautiful work, but still waiting for release of Palm Springs for P3D V3.0 , what happened to this airport ? 

will buy this airport and south California as soon as both are ready for P3D V3.0. 

because  I fly only large aircarft like A320 and B737  this airport is very interesting to fly from KSFO,KLAX and KLAS

On 3/11/2016 at 5:31 AM, sim123 said:

Beautiful work, but still waiting for release of Palm Springs for P3D V3.0 , what happened to this airport ? 

will buy this airport and south California as soon as both are ready for P3D V3.0. 

because  I fly only large aircarft like A320 and B737  this airport is very interesting to fly from KSFO,KLAX and KLAS

You might have missed his comments on KPSP in the announcement...

"* For those waiting on the KPSP Quad - news on this will be ready very soon!"

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the nice comments :)

On 07/03/2016 at 5:00 AM, Falcondrvr said:

Was always wondering if you guys would do TEX. Looks beautiful. Some of my shots from the last time in...

Great shots - and guessing by your username, you'd have a pretty fun job!

On 12/03/2016 at 6:31 PM, sim123 said:

Beautiful work, but still waiting for release of Palm Springs for P3D V3.0

Thanks very much for your patience on this one - please see my note about this in the opening topic (information on this will be due very shortly). Cheers :)

On 10/03/2016 at 0:05 AM, tch330ci said:

Looking good.  I can't tell by the coverage map, but is CO95 part of the coverage?  It's 6 miles north west of KTEX

G'day Carl, unfortunately not - the coverage area roughly finishes at the boundary to this airport. I did consider it, however information on Wilson Ranch (including photos) is very hard to come by, and looking at various HR orthoimagery sources, there does not seem to be much discernible infrastructure to this airport at all.

On 08/03/2016 at 11:23 PM, Benny said:

But a suggestion, anyway you can produce a KMZ file with boundary, some of your package are so big I call them mini region 

Absolutely Ben - I've attached a current KML (WIP) with the photoreal boundaries included below. Note that the boundaries may change slightly for final release (though not likely), and that this KML does not include the Landclass and DEM coverage that will come with this package - these extend further out into the surrounding areas by some distance. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

FTX Telluride Photoreal Coverage Area WIP.zip

Hi Jarrad,

This area, esp Silverton (and Durango which I don't think you are including - does have a nice to design airport though - maybe a connecting scenery pack due to the spectacular scenery for vfr), is well known for the famous narrow gauge tourist railway.  Is Silverton going to display some of this or is this not really in the scope (not a request, just curious).

Thanks

Anthony (major fan of your work)

1 hour ago, Bruce Hamilton said:

Are you thinking of a former ORBX developer doing sceneries around the Great lakes?

You're half right. Former developer yes, but not Russ. It' being made by Gordon Madison (Tipella, Squamish).

BTW: Russ has joined Turbulent Design.

If you guys want them to do another mountain airport that's somewhat nearby and that most have not heard of..... let me suggest Heber Valley (36U).  This place is a good bit more challenging than ASE(and most other mtn airports) in my opinion, and the views around it cannot be beat.  It's a popular destination for those going to the Sundance Film Festival.  I'm almost certain that nobody has done this little known field and its got Orbx written all over it. 

http://www.russmcdonaldfield.com/

http://airnav.com/airport/36U

25705114470_54e209f883_c.jpg

25884896882_b0d7ca9461_c.jpg

On 22.3.2016 at 1:26 PM, Falcondrvr said:

Agree with you! It's part of the Global NA Freeware Airports and I absolutely enjoyed my flight to this mountain destination.

Check out the shots and videos in this topic:

There is also a certain argument with neighboring Park City, UT whose private jet flyers tend to use 36U a lot. Heber City wants them to build their own airport, while Park City wants an expansion of Heber Muni.

Greetings,

Bermuda

Great video find B77X,

Jarrad is certainly picking some amazing airports to develop and this one is no exception. I passed through Telluride on my road trip to Colorado a while back and was just amazed by how quickly the terrain changed from the desert landscape of Utah to the cold narrow mountain pass leading into Telluride. And of course I had to go check out the actual airport while I was there too. Really looking forward to this one!

U7tSVnS.jpg

17 hours ago, Ben77 said:

I passed through Telluride on my road trip to Colorado a while back and was just amazed by how quickly the terrain changed from the desert landscape of Utah to the cold narrow mountain pass leading into Telluride. And of course I had to go check out the actual airport while I was there too. 

I had almost the same experience when I travelled there a few years ago Ben - we had been coming from Moab Utah, and I was blown away that within the space of a few hours driving time, we had gone from this:

d2bc07b2fdf11caf16359449b181b16a.jpg

to this:

105bf1485c867a8da8fc0d4c5286ede8.jpg

I find the US Southwest such an interesting part of the world, the diversity in geography over (relatively) short distances is nothing short of amazing.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived