ENNO Notodden is now in BETA!!

Hi Everyone!

Notodden airport is now finally in beta!

It has been an entire year of improving my modelling, and learning new tricks and tricks from the pro's at ORBX, and now we are finally here!

Main features: 

- ALL airport and nearby buildings modeled

- Most significant buildings in nearby Notodden city modeled

- Custom autogen, typical "Norwegian buildings" with density setting

- Random placement of airplanes, vehicles and people

- Animated car traffic across runway

- Switchable runway length depending on time of day, enabling use of the entire runway length and approach lights.

- Fully custom winter season with snow on roofs and ground

Starting to get some testing reports now, so a few fixes and you can all enjoy this little piece of Norway!

Enjoy these few shots from the beta!

-- Finn

orbx_screenshots39.thumb.jpg.2dd9b13955forbx_screenshots34.thumb.jpg.79f7f7fdab1orbx_screenshots38.thumb.jpg.8d3cf6a4a5forbx_screenshots35.thumb.jpg.5d200a5da2aorbx_screenshots27.thumb.jpg.f0f697ca1a9orbx_screenshots21.thumb.jpg.2b2d034a23056769ff11937c_orbx_screenshots12(2).thumorbx_screenshots12.thumb.jpg.891a87aafd3orbx_screenshots29.thumb.jpg.f50b8312faaorbx_screenshots22.thumb.jpg.e85acf9092a

orbx_screenshots34.jpg

orbx_screenshots39.jpg

You are hard man, JJ.  No need to pick on Finni for the pace of somebody else -- although I can see you mean it in fun. 

Just be glad we got two teams in Norway working on projects for that region, regardless of when they are going to be done.

There is a public road crossing the runway, with constant car traffic on it. They use the "small" part of the runway during most of the day (suitable for cessnas and pipers etc) but then stop the car traffic and use the entire runway length when the charter airlines depart or land with their kingair b200!

Bruce, I guess most people don't really understand how much work is going into these things. Not only modelling and texturing, but also figuring out how to get things working in this strange sim that is fsx/p3d. ;-) It has a lot of quirks and weird stuff going on, and you have to do a LOT of reading to make your own recipe on things that work.

@rob: yes it does! Have a look on picture #6 on the first post :-)

-- Finn

I guess most people don't really understand how much work is going into these things.

I think most of us do understand, and I'll wager that JJ does too.  This is just part of his sense of humor.  Or maybe he just needs a big hug.

Either way, congrats on entering BETA my friend and I wish you a warm and merry holiday season.  Take a break and enjoy!

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Too long!! Haha. Well, I started taking pictures and such last fall. This is my first airport for fs though, so at least 50% of the time has been spent learning all the quirks of modding this simulator.. Looking forward to my next airport now, with everything I've learned the past year, It will be a breeze to do :D

Hi Jose.

This is my first airport ever, so there where some things that I had to learn the hard way, when going from p3d to fsx. Some things had to be remodeled completely!

Notodden is past RTM testing now, so it should only be a couple of days left :)

Finn

Archived