Misha magic! KSTS masterpiece.

Adam Banks

I saw the screenshots, watched the videos ... and finally got hooked by the 35% sale!

Early morning scene. Static object on the left - MJC Q400 on the right.

ksts_01_842_1350.jpg

Clipboard wallah getting ready to tell me off about something: "stowed those undercarriage pins?"

ksts_02_810_1350.jpg

Are those tower windows meant to be that black?

ksts_04_352_1350.jpg

After push-back:

ksts_03_40_1350.jpg

ksts_05_685_1350.jpg

ksts_06_513_1350.jpg

My usual FS philosophy is to start with all sliders maxed out, enjoy the slide show, then tweak back to something vaguely flyable. I was surprised to find KSTS performed incredibly with everything enabled ... and there's *so much* going on down there!!! These pics don't really tell that story (go look at the videos on the product page).

Goodness knows how many hours Misha put into this one (it was a *long* project, by all accounts) but every minute was worthwhile. Sonoma is an absolute gem - with so much to enjoy. Us Kiwis may just have to kidnap him and tie him to a post in NZAA and feed him beer and Pavlovas till he finishes.

Adam.

Buggger...I was trying to resist buying this one...but you got me hooked now Adam with those great shots and glowing report...another purchase coming up  :)

Any issues with the Dash Pro?

I still can't get lights on or cargo doors open on the Metroliner in v3 for some reason...my little GSX people are starting to wonder if I know what I am doing! :huh:

7 minutes ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Buggger...I was trying to resist buying this one...but you got me hooked now Adam with those great shots and glowing report...another purchase coming up  :)

Any issues with the Dash Pro?

I still can't get lights on or cargo doors open on the Metroliner in v3 for some reason...my little GSX people are starting to wonder if I know what I am doing! :huh:

You won't regret it! The airport oozes atmosphere, with all sorts of ground activity. There may be a bit of a bun-fight on the ground between the ORBX staff and your GSX team though, LOL! Mount St. Helena is done beautifully too, BTW.

There's a beta DLL for the Dash that fixes a lot of P3Dv3 issues. So far, I can't find anything obviously not working with it (over my old FSX and P3Dv2 versions) - but then my P3Dv3 version is the Q400 *Pro*, so a few differences anyway. I now have to remember to stow the undercarriage pins and to flip the switch for tiller/nosewheel steering.

I installed the Metroliner in P3Dv3, but haven't really had time to give it a full work-out. I'll report back on that. Many "older" addons have lights issues with P3Dv2 and/or P3Dv3.

Adam.

Great to see you are spreading your wings Adam.

Don't worry I am looking after NZ for you while you are away gallivanting around the US!

p.s. Just looked up gallivant to make sure I had the correct spelling and came across this:-

1809, probably a playful elaboration of gallant in an obsolete verbal sense of "play the gallant, flirt, gad about." Related: Gallivanted ; gallivanting.

Young Lobski said to his ugly wife,
"I'm off till to-morrow to fish, my life;"
Says Mrs. Lobski, "I'm sure you a'nt",
But you brute you are going to gallivant."

What Mrs. Lobski said was right,
Gay Mr. Lobski was out all night.
He ne'er went to fish, 'tis known very well
But where he went I shall not tell.

I trust you are only flying!

1 hour ago, Capt Pugwash said:

You need to add an entry in DLL>XML, as in this post:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/478964-razbam-metroliner-for-p3d-only-10/

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAZBAM Metroliner System Control</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Addon Modules\MM3SM.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

My doors (and lights) work fine!

ksts_metroliner_01_134_1350.jpg

ksts_metroliner_02_100_1350.jpg

Here's "the Fat Controller" (as in " Thomas the Tank Engine ") doing an impersonation of a certain WWII dictator ...

ksts_metroliner_03_634_1350.jpg

The modules fix also cures that annoying flashing "PWR Fail" alert.

53 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

p.s. Just looked up gallivant to make sure I had the correct spelling and came across this:-

1809, probably a playful elaboration of gallant in an obsolete verbal sense of "play the gallant, flirt, gad about." Related: Gallivanted ; gallivanting.

I trust you are only flying!

Hehe ... very good!!! Amazing how we take so many words for granted - and how fascinating their history is. As to NZ ... in the words of a famous Hollywood character ... "I'll be b-a-a-a-c-k!" (with the accent on b-a-a-a) LOL!

Adam.

30 minutes ago, Misha Cajic said:

Excellent shots and thanks very much for the kind words :) more projects coming up very soon!

If NZAA or NZWN aren't among them, you're a dead man walking!!! LOL!

As a matter of interest. Lets' say you did 8hrs a day, 7 days a week (conservative estimate) for 18 months. That's 4,320,hrs.

Now, let's say [just] 100 people buy the product and fly it for 2 hrs a week for the same period of 18 months. That's 14,400 hours of fun. A return of over 300% flying pleasure.

A bit silly really, as that's not including all the man-hours spent by *other* people at ORBX, but it does show that - financial renumeration apart - a good quality add-on like this rewards us consumers greatly. All this, for a cost of a pizza and two beers!

Adam.

42 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

On your tower window question, I worked in five FAA towers during my career and the only tinting I recall was in the upper portion of the glass panes

aah ... so *that's* your career history!! At first, I thought I was missing a texture - then I checked the FTX product shots. They're the same. I think those glass panels may simply be missing a transparency setting <?>. Misha?

Adam.

2 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

aah ... so *that's* your career history!! At first, I thought I was missing a texture - then I checked the FTX product shots. They're the same. I think those glass panels may simply be missing a transparency setting <?>. Misha?

Adam.

Hey I was a pilot briefer for the old US Weather Bureau then a couple of years in a Flight Service Station.  My last sixteen were in various VFR and IFR towers.

6 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

You need to add an entry in DLL>XML, as in this post:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/478964-razbam-metroliner-for-p3d-only-10/

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAZBAM Metroliner System Control</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Addon Modules\MM3SM.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Adam.

Nice one Adam...I will be doing that fix tonight on the metro... I have seen a cracking Horizon paint for the metro that would fit right in there, but have not found the repaint as yet...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/73191-spokane-washington-fairchildswearingen-metro-iii/

I had KSTS on my wishlist for a few weeks and, encouraged by the discount, bought it yesterday. Clearly, it is an Orbx masterpiece (congrats, Misha!) ... with such marvelous detail and no frame rate hit to boot!... also a runway long enough for tubeliners... heck, it has it all, and better than any airport by other scenery companies.

Great shots, Adam, keep them comin'!

Best,

Lucky

//////////

Archived